Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

The Four Roses distillery has been making some good stuff the last 10 years.  Good choice.  I think I am going to have a glass of Eagle Rare 17 year.  

I have a Lagavulin 15 I have only nipped from...and, a rather well-drawn from Angel’s Envy Rye. I imagine it’ll some combination of those tonight.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Time for the rest of the Big Ten to start worrying.  Our misguided little brothers to the North have a post on GandB indicating that Brooks and TJD would like to play together and that combo would be great for any team.  They are already hoping that does not happen because one school is way out ahead on that front...that same school is looking good for a great player from Alabama as well.  And yeah, TJD becomes more likely around 7:30 tonight.

After the past decade of taking names, I am ready to see Indiana start dishing out some revenge.

YES!! Can't wait to start kicking everyone's A** again! 

10 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

The Four Roses distillery has been making some good stuff the last 10 years.  Good choice.  I think I am going to have a glass of Eagle Rare 17 year.  

Man, I wish I could drink whiskey/Bourbon somtimes..who'd of thought one 'bad experience' 31 years ago would still haunt me. Yep, I threw up like I was in the Exorcist. 

Now, still, just the smell of it makes me gag, eyes water, nose runs...what a wimp!

I'm a rum and tequila guy instead.  I hoping to do a couple victory shots tonight about 7:30ish

1 minute ago, zerawkid said:

You, sir, have a serious problem.

I endeavor to have the very same problem someday.

No picture of my collection and not quite like his, but my wife tells me I have a bourbon problem. Not a drinking problem, just a bourbon problem. Found a bottle of Yippee Ki-yay today....was thrilled! 

However, my choice tonight will be Blanton’s Single Barrel. 

8 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

There is a rivalry between the boards.  GoColts posts over there I believe and likes to bash Ken now and then among others.  Says no one here knows anything essentially and that we just blow smoke out of our ass.

In my mind, you will always be famous for the "Banana IQ" quote, which brought these guys along!!

:nansplit::jumprope::nansplit::jumprope:     Classic Stuff!!!

1 minute ago, Shapopojoe said:

Ok, I am not sure what exactly I said that was wrong....Should I stick to whiskey talk?

Other acceptable conversation topics in this thread include: Romeo, Romeo's Ex-GF, sidebars, backlash, and the "Rivalry" between HSN and BTB.

Please continue!

2 hours ago, IUB74 said:

I go back a long way with this group and longer with IU.  Not as long as Mile, but long none the less.   Been with this forum through multiple sites and started at IU in the fall of 1969.

I am excited for IU basketball in a way that I have not been for a while, both for the short and the long term.  Romeo is the icing on the cake that Archie is baking for IU.

I would like to thank the mods, those with inside information, and the passionate fan, regular posters for making this THE place to share in the excitement!

GO HOOSIERS! 

Great Post!!

Well perhaps a pretty sizable amount of us do have Aged Single Barrell problems, and sometimes tend to overdo it. For this dilemma, I have a suggestion. For the satisfaction of those near us that have deep rooted objections to our occasional sip, we could appease them and simply quit drinking. 

However, we are Hoosiers, and therefore never want to be labeled as quitters. Cheers!

47 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Looks like I'll have to break out one of my whiskeys. Decisions, decisions.

IMG_20171227_212533408.jpg

Fine looking collection CC. I have a 10 year Pappy that I have been saving for a special occasion. This may be the night it finally gets opened.

Otherwise I will be going with my daily favorite of Blantons. 

When I saw all of the crystal ball switches and confirmation for our insiders here at lunch, I pulled a kid out of a neighboring teacher's class who I know is a big IU fan to give him the good news and tell him to rest easy and not worry the rest of the day. 

Now I'm just watching the clock, as well as practice from IMS, waiting to get home and break the good news to my son who fell in love with IU basketball this past season.  We live near New Albany so he has seen pictures of Romeo and  heard people talk about him.  When a neighbor who is a U of L fan tried to say they were going to get back in the Romeo recruitment, my son made it clear he was going to IU not Louisville.  Pretty good for a  5 year old.  

Archived