Romeo Langford

Sitting in the sand on Panama City Beach, taking all this in. No bourbon tonight but did find a tasty, chocalatey coffee-ish beer from Cigar City Brewery, called Madura. Awfully good and will pop one or three as Romeo announces.

As for special guest, I assumed that as HTD has not been posting much, that he must be heading to NA as master of ceremonies 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe Texss Roadhouse was after my time there i worked at Colorado Steakhouse so i ate there 5. To 7 times a week. Cant beat great food at no cost

I went to Bobby's as kid with my Dad once before a game and a few times during my undergraduate years. I recall it closed in 2009 which makes me sad.

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I went to Bobby's as kid with my Dad once before a game and a few times during my undergraduate years. I recall it closed in 2009 which makes me sad.

Are you talking about Bobby's Colorado Steakhouse on College Ave? It may have closed for a while and changed owners as I really don't remember the history, but it is open.  Just had lunch there on Friday. 

10 minutes ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Completely off topic, but several have mentioned Blanton's, which is my favorite too. Is it as hard to get up that way as down in Atlanta? 2-3yrs ago,I could get it anywhere. Now, never. 

I see quite a bit of Blantons in Indy.  Two different Kroger’s on the northside usually have it. 

13 minutes ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Completely off topic, but several have mentioned Blanton's, which is my favorite too. Is it as hard to get up that way as down in Atlanta? 2-3yrs ago,I could get it anywhere. Now, never. 

Blanton's is not terribly difficult to get a hold of, at least in Indy.

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

Looks like I'll have to break out one of my whiskeys. Decisions, decisions.

IMG_20171227_212533408.jpg

CC that picture reminds me of my last night at McNutt (the quantity, not the quality).  I wore a funky colored pair of corduroys as I recall; never did find those pants.

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

Looks like I'll have to break out one of my whiskeys. Decisions, decisions.

IMG_20171227_212533408.jpg

You guys are lucky. I no longer can have alcohol, medical reasons. So I just got back from Kroger to pick up a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Weak I know, but at least I got something I can enjoy and it has some cream in it, and has crimson colors. Pretty great to celebrate Romeo with a Cream and Crimson treat!

image.png.a830c77cb3920f2943c3204f34e9be5c.png

2 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

You guys are lucky. I no longer can have alcohol, medical reasons. So I just got back from Kroger to pick up a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Weak I know, but at least I got something I can enjoy and it has some cream in it, and has crimson colors.

image.png.a830c77cb3920f2943c3204f34e9be5c.png

Cherry Garcia man, myself.

47 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Obviously CC scan corrrect me  if I’m wrong, but a few years ago if you won the Pappy lottery you could get them for suggested retail. I don’t know what happened these last 2 years but liquor stores started jacking up their price far beyond suggested retail. This year my local store was selling a 12 year for $500. Give me a break. 

I know with beer like Bourbon County If Goose Island or their distributors get word of this kind of price fixing then they cut off the stores allotment the following year.

What is suggested retail on BCBS? I went to a raffle last year and missed out, but found a bottle at a smaller place that said they get about a case a year. 

38 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Sitting in the sand on Panama City Beach, taking all this in. No bourbon tonight but did find a tasty, chocalatey coffee-ish beer from Cigar City Brewery, called Madura. Awfully good and will pop one or three as Romeo announces.

As for special guest, I assumed that as HTD has not been posting much, that he must be heading to NA as master of ceremonies 

Madura is good. Cigar City in general has good stuff (see: Jai Alai) Try Funky Buddha beers. Green Bench and Three Daughters are good breweries in the St Petersburg area. 

2 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Madura is good. Cigar City in general has good stuff (see: Jai Alai) Try Funky Buddha beers. Green Bench and Three Daughters are good breweries in the St Petersburg area. 

I did have a Jai Alai first. It was good too but prefer the Madura. I'll look for the others while I'm here 

47 minutes ago, IUredhead said:

Are you talking about Bobby's Colorado Steakhouse on College Ave? It may have closed for a while and changed owners as I really don't remember the history, but it is open.  Just had lunch there on Friday. 

At one time Bo Barzilauskas's dad bought it.  Thst was around 2000 and i heard it went downhill from there.

Archived