Romeo Langford

I am glad the Letter of Intent is signed.  He will eventually make it to IU, whether that be in June or July.  Cannot wait to watch this kid play, my father in law refereed one of his later games down in New Albany and said he is so smooth, it comes naturally to him.   High basketball IQ for sure

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

In terms of Romeo, and I will be paraphrasing here.  A story released by WHAS on May, 8th, said that the court (Romeo Court) will be finished on July 14th.... right before Romeo leaves for Bloomington.

whas11.com | Basketball court to be named after Romeo Langford

What I gather from that are two things. One, Romeo plans to be present at the dedication of the court named for him. And two... don't expect him on campus till July.

Keep in mind, Romeo has one more All-Star game left.

And as we saw with his last visit to IU, which never happened, things are subject to change. 

I thought I heard Romeo tell someone that he will head to IU after the all star games which ends 6/10

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought I heard Romeo tell someone that he will head to IU after the all star games which ends 6/10

I had read that as well. After re-reading the WHAS story, again..... it is kind of difficult to understand as to a correct date.  And after reading what JcityHoosier just posted, ( thank you, Jcity for that ),  I believe you and Jcity are correct.  More than WHAS.   So, I am like Dakich.... changing my thoughts on when to expect Romeo to report to IU.   LOL 

8 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’ve said it before, but the five guys ranked above Romeo are propped up by athleticism.  When it comes to being well equipped as a basketball player, Langford may take a back seat to no one in this class.   

Totally agree.

Romeo's high basketball IQ and highlight reel plays are always so smooth he is deceptively athletic.  With his drive, intelligence and desire, I believe he will soon begin to wow us on the defensive end as well.

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Zero works for me.

A chance to mark out a niche for himself.  Not a reflection on others who have worn zero before him, in recent history.... the likes of Curtis Jones, Kory Barnett, the great Will Sheehey, and the equally great Max Biefield.  Spelling errors understood, going off memory.  A chance to set Zero among the greatest numbers of all time, in IU history.

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Zero works for me.

A chance to mark out a niche for himself.  Not a reflection on others who have worn zero before him, in recent history.... the likes of Curtis Jones, Kory Barnett, the great Will Sheehey, and the equally great Max Biefield.  Spelling errors understood, going off memory.  A chance to set Zero among the greatest numbers of all time, in IU history.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s about branding these days too. You have to play that game, have too. I bet Scott hates it 😛.  Agent zeRO plays well off of his nickname.

6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Couldn’t agree more. 😛

Thank you, sir.

Unless Romeo stays for more than one year.... probably won't set the heights for me as this number.

175356-180426.jpg?itok=nRL8LdkO

But Zero would still stand as an opportunity to mark Romeo's chance in IU history.

Archived