Romeo Langford

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Zero works for me.

A chance to mark out a niche for himself.  Not a reflection on others who have worn zero before him, in recent history.... the likes of Curtis Jones, Kory Barnett, the great Will Sheehey, and the equally great Max Biefield.  Spelling errors understood, going off memory.  A chance to set Zero among the greatest numbers of all time, in IU history.

Never liked seeing players wearing 0 but no big deal.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non-IU player, but a guy from Wisconsin by the name of Larry Petty wore 0 while he played up there.

By his sophomore or junior year, he had ballooned to over 300 lbs. The number stretched out and looked like the Indy 500 racetrack as his girth expanded.

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Did they allow players to wear 0 back in the 80s? 

I would guess they could but you rarely saw many people doing it. also you did not see to many wearing single digit numbers and that probably changed in the last 20 or so years.  Like I said I don't really care what number a guy wears.

49 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Did they allow players to wear 0 back in the 80s? 

See my Larry Petty comment. He was in the late  80's, I think

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rico said:

In my day, no.  Your number could be no lower that 10.  It also could not go above 6.

10-15

20-25

30-35

40-45

50-55.

When I tried out for the high school team, and asked for a #, they gave me #2.  Unfortunately, because it was a #2 pencil that they wanted me to keep stats with,  and not a uniform, I began to realize my career was not going anywhere.

Every time I think I could not be more impressed with this young man, he raises the bar again.  Frankly, I can't think of a player in this class, the last class or the next class I'm happier to see in a Hoosier uniform...and that's saying something for me as I'm really pleased with the quality I see suiting up for, and interested in, IU.

Archived