Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

He did.

The CB predictions are useless. They all change at the last minute when they know a commitment is imminent. 

I'm not saying that they don't all change their predictions last minute if they know where a guy is gonna commit, but it is "experts" and if they are updated predictions you might as well feel somewhat positive that IU is taking over the crystal ball, experts get more information than us fans typically.

21 minutes ago, KDB said:

I'm not saying that they don't all change their predictions last minute if they know where a guy is gonna commit, but it is "experts" and if they are updated predictions you might as well feel somewhat positive that IU is taking over the crystal ball, experts get more information than us fans typically.

It at least makes you ponder who the coaches were that Doyel talked to that said Kansas was leading.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It at least makes you ponder who the coaches were that Doyel talked to that said Kansas was leading.

What I find funny is that through this entire recruitment, some other team has always been the leader.  First it was Duke, then KY, then Louisville, now KU.  Every time something changes their is a new leader and it has never been IU in the eyes of the experts. 

30 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

What I find funny is that through this entire recruitment, some other team has always been the leader.  First it was Duke, then KY, then Louisville, now KU.  Every time something changes their is a new leader and it has never been IU in the eyes of the experts. 

According to the experts in the CB, IU is the leader. But I do see what you're saying.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:03 PM, RoadToZion said:

Right. But it's mainly if one guy changes their pick the others follow. I just don't think there's too much to read into concerning the "Crystal Ball". 

I do think we lead for Romeo though.

It definitely seems like they follow each other, but maybe that's just a coincidence. Think about it, if these guys are "experts" and have connections that others don't, then when once of them gets some info that makes them change the pick, then it's possible the other "experts" also have the same connections and get the same info. Then they all make the change to their crystal ball prediction around the same time they all get the same info.

Just curious, does anyone recall how the James Blackmon recruitment went down? I recall him verbally committing to IU, then rescinding that commitment, then committing to IU again. Was there much insider info at the time as to why he decommitted, as well as why he then recommitted to IU?

1 hour ago, T-Free20 said:

Just curious, does anyone recall how the James Blackmon recruitment went down? I recall him verbally committing to IU, then rescinding that commitment, then committing to IU again. Was there much insider info at the time as to why he decommitted, as well as why he then recommitted to IU?

Him and Trey Lyles both committed real early. They both decommitted. Lyles got paid to go to fUK. Many assumed Blackmon would also, especially since his father played there, but in the end recommitted to IU. Maybe fUK's check didn't clear.

8 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Him and Trey Lyles both committed real early. They both decommitted. Lyles got paid to go to fUK. Many assumed Blackmon would also, especially since his father played there, but in the end recommitted to IU. Maybe fUK's check didn't clear.

I'm pretty sure Devin Booker committing to UK played a role in Blackmon recommitting to IU.  Blackmon wasn't going to get much playing time on that UK squad.

Write up on Romeo's (and others) game at USA Basketball Jr Nat'l Team camp -- written up as one of the top 12 / NBA prospects at the camp:

Romeo Langford | G | Undeclared

Langford had a strong camp, confirming his status as one of the most talented prospects in the 2018 class. He has prototypical measurements for a wing at 6-6 in shoes with a 6-10 wingspan and a strong 201-pound frame. He is an outstanding athlete on top of that, blessed with excellent fluidity, body control and explosiveness. Langford is the type of player for whom everything comes easily, especially putting the ball in the basket. He has good footwork, the ability to get to the rim smoothly without a ball-screen, and plays the game low to the ground. He shows some potential with his ability to knock down jumpers from beyond the arc, particularly when he can step into them in rhythm on the hop. He doesn't always shoot the ball the same way, though, especially off the dribble, and is still figuring out how to play with the same level of aggressiveness and intensity on every possession.

Naturally quiet and somewhat introverted, Langford said he's aware of the fact that he's often too passive on the floor and is looking to improve that part of his game, something we saw more of in the second day of the camp. When he's at his best, he's making his presence felt defensively, crashing the glass and scoring at will from all over the floor. Still not having turned 18 years old, Langford's best days are clearly ahead of him and his talent-level make him someone NBA scouts will be monitoring closely. -- JG

Player he most resembles physically in the DraftExpress measurement database: Danny Green (age 22)

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/20962692/scouting-best-2019-nba-draft-prospects-usa-basketball-juniors-camp

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Write up on Romeo's (and others) game at USA Basketball Jr Nat'l Team camp -- written up as one of the top 12 / NBA prospects at the camp:

Romeo Langford | G | Undeclared

Langford had a strong camp, confirming his status as one of the most talented prospects in the 2018 class. He has prototypical measurements for a wing at 6-6 in shoes with a 6-10 wingspan and a strong 201-pound frame. He is an outstanding athlete on top of that, blessed with excellent fluidity, body control and explosiveness. Langford is the type of player for whom everything comes easily, especially putting the ball in the basket. He has good footwork, the ability to get to the rim smoothly without a ball-screen, and plays the game low to the ground. He shows some potential with his ability to knock down jumpers from beyond the arc, particularly when he can step into them in rhythm on the hop. He doesn't always shoot the ball the same way, though, especially off the dribble, and is still figuring out how to play with the same level of aggressiveness and intensity on every possession.

Naturally quiet and somewhat introverted, Langford said he's aware of the fact that he's often too passive on the floor and is looking to improve that part of his game, something we saw more of in the second day of the camp. When he's at his best, he's making his presence felt defensively, crashing the glass and scoring at will from all over the floor. Still not having turned 18 years old, Langford's best days are clearly ahead of him and his talent-level make him someone NBA scouts will be monitoring closely. -- JG

Player he most resembles physically in the DraftExpress measurement database: Danny Green (age 22)

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/20962692/scouting-best-2019-nba-draft-prospects-usa-basketball-juniors-camp

Maybe we can arrange a meeting between Romeo and Mr. Green seeing as how there is quite the connection on IU's roster. 

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I never realized Romeo was that big. Michael Jordan size :D. Maybe he has grown , or I was looking at old measurables, or just mistaken and confused :panic:

Often times, in the course of following recruits by some sources, stats get posted early, and never updated.  I know that happened a lot with De'Ron Davis, as he first hit the national recruiting spotlight, and continued to grow.  Some sites, never updated his height, and weight as he continued to grow. 

Archived