Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hurt it during the high school season, and with the team getting a break before school starts it was the best/only time they could put it on that would not impact his practicing with the team.   Not a new injury, not a serious one, IU just wanted to make sure he took some time off.  As you know he is a gym rat and if they had not gone this route Romeo would not have rested it. 

7 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

He hurt it during the high school season, and with the team getting a break before school starts it was the best/only time they could put it on that would not impact his practicing with the team.   Not a new injury, not a serious one, IU just wanted to make sure he took some time off.  As you know he is a gym rat and if they had not gone this route Romeo would not have rested it. 

Thanks for posting this. Didn't see the photo until this morning and of course I had flashbacks to Gordon. Good to hear it's just precautionary.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm more troubled with him wearing a long-sleeved hoodie when it's 90 degrees out with 90% humidity.   What's he thinking?  :coffee:

Funny you say that. I'm on the Monon quite a bit and I'll say this. I don't have an issue with getting older one bit. However the one thing that scares the crap out of me is when I go by the dude who is rocking sweat pants, turtleneck and cardigan sweater in those temps. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm more troubled with him wearing a long-sleeved hoodie when it's 90 degrees out with 90% humidity.   What's he thinking?  :coffee:

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I thought you were going to say you were troubled with the picture hanging behind them.  I mean what in the world is that guy wearing?

Go Hoosiers!!!

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

Honestly this could pop up again during the season. Hopefully it fully heals before we get into the season but if I’m the opponent I’m hitting that wrist hard and often.

You'd foul someone on purpose, repeatedly? How is that a winning strategy? 

I'd be pretty embarrassed if our guys ever did this. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It's only a foul if the refs catch it. Not that it would be right, but we are talking about basketball and that borderline stuff does happen in the heat of competition. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Grayson Allen got away with it for 4 years.  Didn't seem to bother Duke fans.

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I can't believe anyone here would ever support such a strategy.  I mean we all know UK fans would but I always thought IU was above that.  And how is it any different than bountygate which almost brought down the NO Saints?

5 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I can't believe anyone here would ever support such a strategy.  I mean we all know UK fans would but I always thought IU was above that.  And how is it any different than bountygate which almost brought down the NO Saints?

I’m saying opponents would likely target it. Wouldn’t surprise me they might take a couole hard slaps at the ball and if you happen to get his wrist...well that happens. Probably guys grab etc when they are kinda clinched up before coming off screens etc. I doubt anyone would specifically try to injure him...but cause discomfort and get in his head...sure there are plenty of guys out there that do that. If you know your opponent has a weakness you take advantage....within the rules of course...some may even do it outside the rules. How many times you heard give a hard foul to discourage taking it to the hole etc. I’ve never tried to hurt someone of course but I’ve had people try it to me and against my teammates.

Romeo is going to go to the line a lot anyway.  His offensive game is one that will result in his getting fouled a lot.  The difference in whether he scores 15 a game versus 18-19 is how well he shoots free throws.  He was just an average free throw shooter in high school.

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo is going to go to the line a lot anyway.  His offensive game is one that will result in his getting fouled a lot.  The difference in whether he scores 15 a game versus 18-19 is how well he shoots free throws.  He was just an average free throw shooter in high school.

I agree that was my only gripe with his game. He is too talented to not shoot over 80% from the free throw line. He definitely will need to make that a priority. He has kind of a KD to his game...he will take and hopefully make a lot of free throws this year. Just hope all the banging doesn’t cause the wrist to flair back up.

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Awesome. Only 80 percent expectations. He's simply the greatest recruit since Gordon or Bailey. Can we chill on expectations. I don't mean it in a bad way but maybe we as fans are our own worst enemies.

That's my bad. I saw his career numbers and it was like 71% but then I looked into it and he had a rough junior year shooting only 55%. He was over 80% last year so that kind of eases my feelings on that subject. I don't have any expectations honestly for the kid. Teams are definitely going to game plan to take him out of games which should open things up for others. Being such a scorer and drawing so many fouls I would just hope that he has a good year at the line. He should be a fine player!

Piece on 5 players to watch in the B1G, Romeo #1:

Five players to watch

1. Romeo Langford, Indiana

84.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

The Big Ten's most likely (and maybe only) one-and-done prospect speeds up the timeline for what's expected from second-year coach Archie Miller at Indiana. Langford is a smooth, lengthy guard who should give the Hoosiers a scoring threat no matter where he is on the floor.

He is the type of talent who can dominate any given game, and folks in Bloomington would be wise to enjoy watching him while they have the chance.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24324241/big-ten-hopes-better-ncaa-tournament-haul-2018-19-season

The other 4 players listed --

Happ

Charles Mathews (UM)

Nick Ward (MSU)

James Palmer, Jr. (Neb)

Archived