Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Any word on his visit to Chapel Hill over the weekend. I am sure that the atmosphere was much more positive given that UNC took the NCAA to the woodshed.

I  don't have any word about Chapel Hill, but I will pass this along.  Please understand I am not an insider and I don't claim to be so take this with a grain of salt.  

I am friends with a HS coach (not Romeo's) who passes along recruiting tidbits to me at times that he picks up on because he knows I am a big IU fan and college basketball fan in general.  He told me today that with UNC being cleared by the NCAA that their position became a whole lot stronger and they are definitely a contender.  

I still think we land him, but I have a feeling our real competition for him is going to be UNC.  Take all of that fwiw.  

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I  don't have any word about Chapel Hill, but I will pass this along.  Please understand I am not an insider and I don't claim to be so take this with a grain of salt.  

I am friends with a HS coach (not Romeo's) who passes along recruiting tidbits to me at times that he picks up on because he knows I am a big IU fan and college basketball fan in general.  He told me today that with UNC being cleared by the NCAA that their position became a whole lot stronger and they are definitely a contender.  

I still think we land him, but I have a feeling our real competition for him is going to be UNC.  Take all of that fwiw.  

What happened to Kansas? I thought they were going to be the real competition after Louisville got eliminated.

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

What happened to Kansas? I thought they were going to be the real competition after Louisville got eliminated.

He didn't mention Kansas.  Like I said I have no inside knowledge of what is going on just passing along what I heard.  

Now that you mention it though, last spring this same guy was saying Kansas would come out on top.  He doesn't claim to know 100% what will happen.  He just said UNC is a threat now.  

That was my opinion about them being the top threat.  

4 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Any word on his visit to Chapel Hill over the weekend. I am sure that the atmosphere was much more positive given that UNC took the NCAA to the woodshed.

UNC "Insider" , to me :  The timing could not have been any better.  Friday, was spent meeting with academic advisers.  Saturday, the football game.  Sunday was "breakfast with Roy". Romeo's dad loves Roy's laid back approach to practice. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

UNC "Insider" , to me :  The timing could not have been any better.  Friday, was spent meeting with academic advisers.  Saturday, the football game.  Sunday was "breakfast with Roy". Romeo's dad loves Roy's laid back approach to practice. 

Academic advisors to Romeo: "You're gonna LOVE our Afro American studies program!"

Heck, a basketball school with sham classes and laid back practices. What's not to love? Sounds like all you have to do is show up on game day.

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

It appears as though your insider just copied a few tidbits from this article, which anyone with a premium Scout account can read.

https://scout.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Romeo-Langfords-Exciting-Chapel-Hill-Weekend-109000415

7 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

hope this don't mean anything 

IMG_0171.jpg

It doesn't.  Standard operating procedure on a UNC visit is to try on the team gear and take some pics.  You can find plenty of recent pics of guys who put a uniform and a fresh pair of Jordans, but still chose other schools.

2 hours ago, Bombur said:

It appears as though your insider just copied a few tidbits from this article, which anyone with a premium Scout account can read.

https://scout.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Romeo-Langfords-Exciting-Chapel-Hill-Weekend-109000415

Ha. Ha.  It appears so.  Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation.  Maybe you can be our new UNC "Insider" !

Like your user name, by the way :

The Hobbit - Bombur Funny Scene - Full HD - YouTube

13 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Academic advisors to Romeo: "You're gonna LOVE our Afro American studies program!"

Heck, a basketball school with sham classes and laid back practices. What's not to love? Sounds like all you have to do is show up on game day.

Exactly what Rashad McCants said happens there and the other coaches and players ostracized  him for it because they didn't want to lose the banner he helped them win.

I know from what i have heard that Romeo's plan was to take unofficials to the schools closer to home, and OV's to like UNC, UCLA, etc.. But shouldn't we be a little worried that he isn't at least atm going to take an OV? He's going to be spending a weekend at these other schools, and for IU he's visiting for one day.. Just something i'd been thinking about. I know he has unlimited UV's, but something tells me that he is going to make an early decision rather than in the spring.

Seems to be some confusion, right now about Romeo's visit to IU this weekend.  No question it was deemed as an non official visit, when set up.  Now.... some are saying it has been changed to an official visit.  While others are still saying non official. 

At this point..... color me confused. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

“I didn’t think, me personally, the North Carolina fans really knew who Romeo was compared to when we went to UCLA,” Langford’s father said. “That stood out to me a little bit.”

If that stood out to Dad, then I'm sure HH is going to blow them away. 

Archived