Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Other than the cartwheel he makes everything else look effortless.  If you did not know him you would think he is not working very hard 

Dude is going to be special. Thank goodness he plays basketball instead of gymnastics.

Glad to see Bill Self on the list.  Need Roy Williams and john Calipari in there as well.

...and Isaiah Whitehead doesn't surprise me.  Never got a good feeling about that one and wasn't upset that Crean missed.

I'm assuming Williamson, Langford and Little are listed simply because they were targets.  I think those guys were too late for the money.

Romeo's name is probably popping up because of Pitino trying to take him down with him...

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/2018/05/16/rick-pitino-adidas-tried-keep-romeo-langford-company-sponsored-school/615426002/

Remember it was an IU guy who broke the stripper story and it was someone in the IU AD that gave Louisville the heads up....

Meh...not concerned.  (1) No way Archie bent the rules in the face of that scandal. (2) If Romeo took money, he would have read the tea leaves and just just skipped college like Brian Bowen did.

I'm not saying it wasn't offered, but I'm confident that even IF the family was predisposed to taking cash, they weren't yet to that stage in the recruitment when all hell broke loose.  I'm confident there's nothing to see here.  I'd be slightly more concerned if Romeo was a year older and had started the recruiting process a year earlier.

End result...nothing in this kid's character indicates he's for sale.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, BtownBallers said:

Did anyone else see this tweet from The IU basketball account that shows Morgan and McRoberts reacting to a Romeo highlight from high school at media day? Lol

Lol....Juwan's eyes lol...that was a pretty sick move. Not sure if more concerning that they've never taken the time to look at his highlights or that they've not seen anything better yet in practice. Either way that was priceless!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Williamson is one of the most unique prospects we’ve scouted. Standing 6-foot-6, Williamson is a power forward with insane vertical athleticism, measuring a Duke max vertical record of 45-inches. "

...which is 3 inches less than Justin Smith's max vertical.:coffee:

There is just something about him that screams NBA flop to me

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe...but if he works on his jumper he honestly has the body and athleticism to be the next Charles Barkley. Sadly he will likely stand around the 3pt line like the rest of the NBA and shoot a putrid percentage instead of working on dominating the 10-18 foot range like he should.

16 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Williamson is one of the most unique prospects we’ve scouted. Standing 6-foot-6, Williamson is a power forward with insane vertical athleticism, measuring a Duke max vertical record of 45-inches. "

...which is 3 inches less than Justin Smith's max vertical.:coffee:

What a bunch of light weights over there!

52 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He reminds me of Marco Killingsworth.  He might be successful at the college level by just bulling people over but that crap won't fly in the NBA.  I could definitely see a flop if he doesn't expand his game a lot.  6'6" PFs are almost unheard of in the league.

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He reminds me of Marco Killingsworth.  He might be successful at the college level by just bulling people over but that crap won't fly in the NBA.  I could definitely see a flop if he doesn't expand his game a lot.  6'6" PFs are almost unheard of in the league.

Obviously he is going to have to improve his shooting but Dremond Green is roughly same size and even plays center sometimes. I think he would continue to slim down some in the NBA as the baby fat comes off and they get him into their nutrition plans etc but his size I don’t think will limit him in the NBA...it will come down to how well he improves his shooting and all around game. I agree though when things come easy you use your athleticism and size to win but when he finally gets out sized and against better athletes he will definitely have to improve or he won’t make it I do agree with that.

Archived