Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Unless your name is Cal or K first year coaches aren't supposed to be doing this. But maybe they are? Unreal job of recruiting by Archie and Staff.

He just waltz’s in and lands the number 2 class in the country....

I remember listening to a podcast with Goodman right after the higher and he thought that Archie would be a decent recruiter and would occasionally land a local low ranked 5 star kid but the kids that Duke and Kentucky wanted were off the table. Fun times boys.

29 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

He just waltz’s in and lands the number 2 class in the country....

I remember listening to a podcast with Goodman right after the higher and he thought that Archie would be a decent recruiter and would occasionally land a local low ranked 5 star kid but the kids that Duke and Kentucky wanted were off the table. Fun times boys.

If he lands Langford and Garland, he is waltzing his way to the #1 spot!

17 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Duke and Kentucky will most likely end up with 3-5 five star recruits each so I don't expect a #1 ranking even with both but 2-3 ranking seems in line unless something crazy happens with the two aforementioned schools and kids go elsewhere.  

49 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I see 247 updates their rankings. My boy Zion is on top...anyway. Unfortunately 1 is out of the question. Duke will have 2,  3, 12 plus whatever else. Unfortunately Garland dropped to 15 also.

edit: scratch that. Those numbers are ‘wrong’ but the point stands. I somehow stumbled on the 247 site rank and not the composite rankings. 

24 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I'm just saying, an article was posted yesterday from Jerry Meyer stating that IU would have the #1 class by a wide margin. Now, could that change after subsequent commitments? Sure, but that's all conjecture.

It will change. UK and Duke will get enough 5 stars to jump us. It's the nature of their recruiting strategy. 

30 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

But it looks like that may change as IU will be able to mix it up with the "Big Boys".........

Duke will have the 1, 3, and 6 player. They are 100% going to be first this year. We're getting close to that level now but I think it will be a decent while before we can catch duke or uk because they land 'anyone' they want in 20 plus states not just the surrounding two or three. I think it's just a matter of time though :) 

UK and Duke can have there #1 rankings with all one and done players.  What I like about this class if Garland and Langford commits is it is balanced.  It probably has one or maybe two one and done players but others that will be around for 4 years to be the building blocks for the future.  I have said many times I don't want a roster full of one and dones but don't mind one or two here and there.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

UK and Duke can have there #1 rankings with all one and done players.  What I like about this class if Garland and Langford commits is it is balanced.  It probably has one or maybe two one and done players but others that will be around for 4 years to be the building blocks for the future.  I have said many times I don't want a roster full of one and dones but don't mind one or two here and there.

If we land Romeo and Darius, Archie really has set up 2018 as the "ideal" class, just as you said. Darius comes in as the one and done PG, then we have Phinisee waiting in the wrings to take over.

8 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I stand corrected. I apologize. That's a terrible algorithm tho

1, 3, 6  <  5, 10, 63, 85, 134 ?

Absolutely monster class like you said though.

I understand what you're saying - I'm not sure how many commits Duke will have - but for example,  let's say they have 4. If we have 6 commits to their 4, in terms of the point system, I believe we would have a higher ranking class because we have 2 more commits 

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Help me understand this mindset Scott because I just can't understand it. I'm not attacking you here but it just doesn't make sense to me. They win...they win big. What's not to like about that? The four year player system is archaic. The brilliance of stacking up loads of one and done's is that not all of them go pro and you have an insanely talented roster that eventually wins a title when two of them stay and you bring in one or two one and dones with them. Agree?

20 hours ago, KDB said:

Yep, very true. Hopefully that prediction is one of those "close to an announcement" predictions.

Exactly - Meyer often changes his pick shortly in advance of an announcement based on late information. His track record -- which is good -- is because of those late changes. Signs look good now, hope this is an end-game type prediction based on late info.

3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Help me understand this mindset Scott because I just can't understand it. I'm not attacking you here but it just doesn't make sense to me. They win...they win big. What's not to like about that? The four year player system is archaic. The brilliance of stacking up loads of one and done's is that not all of them go pro and you have an insanely talented roster that eventually wins a title when two of them stay and you bring in one or two one and dones with them. Agree?

You don't need a whole roster of one and done players to win big.  Since the one and done rule went into affect only 3 teams won a championship with a one and done player on their roster.  Let me guess that you are in the younger generation of fan and probably won't understand what I am going to say.  To me what I have loved about college basketball  all these years is watching players come in and see them develop over the 4 years.  I like seeing a team develop over a few years and go through some up and downs then one year everything comes together and you make a run at the championship.

Archived