Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

So for your older guys that got to experience Knight when he was a master I need your perspective on this. I was 8 during the 92 team and fell in love watching the games with my dad. My dad like most people was a huge Knight fan so in my mind he's the greatest ever. The 93-94 team had a good vibe around it but after that it was predictable and frustrating. From ages 11-16 and in Knights final 6 years it was the same exact story every single year. 20 wins, third place, and then we'd get punked by some odd school like Pepperdine in the first or second round. 

So my question for you guys is what the hell happened? Was it just simply age and the game passing him by? Quit being able to recruit well enough? Got lazy? 4 out 6 years we lost in the first round and the other two in the second. March Madness sucked! 

Time passed Coach away.  Inflexible. Unwilling to change.  As we have discovered  since his being fired from IU.  Unforgiving.  I could go on. But I think you get the idea.

Having said all the.  In his prime.  The greatest college basketball coach of all time.

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You too man. Been lurking for awhile and been crazy busy. Good to see everyone though. 

Thanks. We are still a small, but growing community.  Always great to have old friends , such as yourself join us. 

Beating the drum. HSN 3.0 .... a place where IU fans and friends come to gather.  No membership required. And advertisement free. 

Just good civil talk, among old and new friends. 

Self and Howard out recruiting Grimes in southern Texas today.  May mean Romeo had a short official.

Adam ZagoriaVerified account @AdamZagoria
FollowingFollowing @AdamZagoria
More

Adam Zagoria Retweeted Adam Zagoria

Bill Self and Jerrance Howard saw Quentin Grimes today.

Adam ZagoriaVerified account @AdamZagoria

FollowingFollowing @AdamZagoria
More

Kansas saw 2018 PG @qdotgrimes today, per source. Texas and Marquette are planning to come in the next few days

DNVb10mWAAEiXC8.jpg

Matt Scott, a KU insider on 247Sports is saying on the basketball/recruiting board that Indiana is going to be tough to top and that he thinks IU is the leader. He also just changed his CB pick on Romeo to "foggy" (probably can't get himself to change his pick to IU, lol.)

Tim Langford was asked by a Kansas site how the visit went and he said "very well" , only thing Tim says after that is they liked campus and the facilities. He also says that they plan to cut it down to 3 schools in a couple of weeks, while i'm assuming they aren't ruling out a fall decision based off of how he worded it.

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Matt Scott, a KU insider on 247Sports is saying on the basketball/recruiting board that Indiana is going to be tough to top and that he thinks IU is the leader. He also just changed his CB pick on Romeo to "foggy" (probably can't get himself to change his pick to IU, lol.)

Tim Langford was asked by a Kansas site how the visit went and he said "very well" , only thing Tim says after that is they liked campus and the facilities. He also says that they plan to cut it down to 3 schools in a couple of weeks, while i'm assuming they aren't ruling out a fall decision based off of how he worded it.

Good stuff KDB.  Thanks for the intel. 

On 10/27/2017 at 4:10 PM, BoomBaby said:

Not quite as old as you, and I never watched an IU game until I went down there in '70, but while '75 and '76 teams might have been better (and certainly were most of the season), my favorite was the '81 team, because of the way it destroyed everyone in the tournament and the extreme improvement it made through the season, particularly after the light went on in Landon Turner's brain maybe 2/3 of the way through the season.

Yeah I was a high schooler during that '81 run, and I Thomas was just incredible -- the popular slogan at the time was "And a little man shall lead them". The 76 team is obviously the only undefeated NC since then, but that '81 team was certainly special in its own right.

On 10/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, milehiiu said:

Knight excoriated Landon Turner.  Only to come back years after the accident, and say he was his favorite player.  Aside from Patrick Knight, who he also said was his favorite player, who he also excoriated ,when Pat was playing. 

Later on,as with Landon, Pat and Bobby became best of friends.

Bobby-and-Pat-Knight.jpg

This is interesting, I have only ever read about the positive relationship between Bob/Landon but I am not old enough to actually remember anything between them. Did Landon have disdain for Bob? I suppose I have never heard much of Landon's side of things as much as I have of Bob's post-accident.

1 hour ago, Bushmage said:

This is interesting, I have only ever read about the positive relationship between Bob/Landon but I am not old enough to actually remember anything between them. Did Landon have disdain for Bob? I suppose I have never heard much of Landon's side of things as much as I have of Bob's post-accident.

Watch the show on BTN about the 81 team because RMK was about to kick Tuner off the team.  He told Turner he had one last chance in a  game against Northwestern and he went in and di a good job.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

There is still time obviously, but it is a good sign that no one is changing their crystal ball to Kansas after the OV. Including one guy dropping his Kansas pick. While the crystal ball has its limits, typically there can be swings to a school after an OV.

Especially since it was in fact a KU Insider who dropped their Kansas pick. 

Archived