Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That was an awesome read. He's such a good kid. 

He's already a legend. We'll be talking about him for years to come.

Yeah...funny how down here he was supposedly a pain and the UK fans say Cal cut him from his offer list because he wouldn't fit into their team culture etc. Garbage man...just garbage. I can guarantee UK would love to have him now.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...funny how down here he was supposedly a pain and the UK fans say Cal cut him from his offer list because he wouldn't fit into their team culture etc. Garbage man...just garbage. I can guarantee UK would love to have him now.

Hell hath no fury like a Kentucky basketball fan scorned

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

You better believe they would.  Cal "cut" him because he knew he had no chance after that disastrous overseas trip.

Romeo would help UK a lot.  They've got nothing like him.  They have talented pieces, but he'd definitely start on that team.

I hope they get a CBI invite this year...😂

We were finishing up some Christmas shopping today at the Green Tree Mall in Clarksville, when my daughter asked where my son went... I look over in the Finish Line shoe store and there stands my kid, chatting about shoes with Romeo. What a great kid! Now that he’s met Romeo multiple times, he considers him a friend. 😂 

Maybe I'm naive, but is everyone positive that Romeo will be gone after this first year?  It seems to me that once Morgan is gone, Romeo would definitively become the focus of the IU offense next year.  In addition, he would have a chance to substantially improve his outside shooting (he's already a beast driving inside) and would probably be a top three (at worst) choice in the following year's draft.  With a focus on Romeo, and with Trace Jackson and Jerome Hunter helping to fortify the inside and Phinissee and Green improving on the outside, IU would be awfully good again next year, maybe going as far, or further in the NCAA's than they might go this year.

26 minutes ago, IUguy said:

Maybe I'm naive, but is everyone positive that Romeo will be gone after this first year?  It seems to me that once Morgan is gone, Romeo would definitively become the focus of the IU offense next year.  In addition, he would have a chance to substantially improve his outside shooting (he's already a beast driving inside) and would probably be a top three (at worst) choice in the following year's draft.  With a focus on Romeo, and with Trace Jackson and Jerome Hunter helping to fortify the inside and Phinissee and Green improving on the outside, IU would be awfully good again next year, maybe going as far, or further in the NCAA's than they might go this year.

If mock drafts didn't exist and crappy NBA teams weren't desperate to throw millions of dollars at the latest and greatest teenagers so they can go play against grown men, then there might be a chance he'd stay. Unfortunately, those things exist, so I highly doubt he's here next season.

51 minutes ago, IUguy said:

I haven't seen a mock draft that has him out of the Top Ten.  Most he is in the Top Five.  That is millions of dollars versus coming back to school.  What would you do ?  The kicker is where he might not what team he would go to in the draft.  Or he might want to stay in college for "selfish" reasons such as he likes it and wants to stick around.  At the end of the day...he is just a kid.

4 hours ago, IUguy said:

The chances he returns are not as remote as many people think.  Romeo has a different set of priorities than most potential lottery picks.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The chances he returns are not as remote as many people think.  Romeo has a different set of priorities than most potential lottery picks.

He would be the first top 6 lottery pick since who that decided to stick around? I'm not saying Romeo isn't different....but unless he's at the end of lottery pick lunch counter. He's gone. Either way the depth is there. Plus these boring 5 stars we might have come in off the bench apparently. Kidding aside. We need and want to show 5 star talent you come to IU you end up being lottery pick. Romeo picking us and leaving us might be the biggest thing for Archie on recruiting front. 

I am passionate about the college game.

Curse's on the NBA for not changing their rules, like they promised last year.

I hate OAD's.

I dislike guys who stay for just two years.

Three year guys are some what ok with me. Considering the rules.... and the opportunity for big money.

I absolutely love 4 year guys.  Guys like Juwan, who came back for his 4th year. And oh by the way.... just etched his name into IU basketball history.  Something money can't buy.

That's something the guys who left early never got a chance to do.

Thank you Juwan for staying the course, instead of chasing the buck. 

Romeo, you've got free will. Do what you think is right.  But, take an example from Juwan, and Victor Oladipo.  Both who will be go down in IU history.... because they stayed the course for more than just one year. 

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am passionate about the college game.

Curse's on the NBA for not changing their rules, like they promised last year.

I hate OAD's.

I dislike guys who stay for just two years.

Three year guys are some what ok with me. Considering the rules.... and the opportunity for big money.

I absolutely love 4 year guys.  Guys like Juwan, who came back for his 4th year. And oh by the way.... just etched his name into IU basketball history.  Something money can't buy.

That's something the guys who left early never got a chance to do.

Thank you Juwan for staying the course, instead of chasing the buck. 

Romeo, you've got free will. Do what you think is right.  But, take an example from Juwan, and Victor Oladipo.  Both who will be go down in IU history.... because they stayed the course for more than just one year. 

Amen

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He would be the first top 6 lottery pick since who that decided to stick around? I'm not saying Romeo isn't different....but unless he's at the end of lottery pick lunch counter. He's gone. Either way the depth is there. Plus these boring 5 stars we might have come in off the bench apparently. Kidding aside. We need and want to show 5 star talent you come to IU you end up being lottery pick. Romeo picking us and leaving us might be the biggest thing for Archie on recruiting front. 

Bridges from MSU came back and was considered a lottery pick.  Also I saw 3 different mock drafts ad one had Romeo at 16 and another at 24 and another one had him 5 so there are a lot of different projections.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bridges from MSU came back and was considered a lottery pick.  Also I saw 3 different mock drafts ad one had Romeo at 16 and another at 24 and another one had him 5 so there are a lot of different projections.

The guy who has Romeo at 24 is a completely uninformed idiot. Anyone can have an opinion. The scouts have him as a lottery pick.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He will 100% be a top 10 pick. I have no doubt, maybe a little higher.

Archived