Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing mocks where Cody was predicated to go 2nd/3rd behind Anthony Davis in 2012. He ended up going 4th in the following draft, but it’s happened here. I really wish OG would’ve stayed, and understand why he couldn’t... I do think that a couple more years in college would’ve been beneficial.

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Winning a championship means a lot to this young man. Bringing one to IU means even more. Not saying he will be back but it is far from a sure thing

And that is another kicker that only Romeo knows.  Does he want to win a collegiate championship?  Or is the focus completely on the NBA?  Only he can answer those questions.  

3 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I remember seeing mocks where Cody was predicated to go 2nd/3rd behind Anthony Davis in 2012. He ended up going 4th in the following draft, but it’s happened here. I really wish OG would’ve stayed, and understand why he couldn’t... I do think that a couple more years in college would’ve been beneficial.

I remember seeing Cody at #7. No doubt he was projected lotto by several services.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I remember seeing Cody at #7. No doubt he was projected lotto by several services.

He would not have gone top 5 the first time around, but was projected as a mid to late lottery pick by most. But he received feedback he had some stuff to work on and coupled with where he was with school he wanted to come back.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Brazdeikis getting  a lot of pub for freshman of the year. Romeo is going to be some tough competition!

Last night's Romeo was the one we've been waiting to see all year. If he can knock down a few more 3's/long jumpers...man kid will be almost impossible to stop. He KNEW he could take his man at will last night and did......heck 1 time he almost cracked a SMILE!!!! He had fresh legs and looked good. I welcome more of this Romeo and he will show why he is clearly the best freshman in the B1G. He is a much bigger part of our success and more pressure than Brazds is for Michigan. If Romeo isn't clicking....we most likely won't win.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Pisses me off that a 20-year-old "freshman" is even eligible for consideration.

Will piss me off if Brazdeikis gets it just because his team's better. Especially when Romeo has to create all his shots on his own. 

Neither one is in the same stratosphere as Eastern though.

:coffee:

9 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Neither one is in the same stratosphere as Eastern though.

:coffee:

I't's a good thing he's not a freshman or he'd be stealing all of Romeo's press space.

As it is, I'm not looking forward to Eastern shutting down Romeo twice and becoming the blueprint for how to hang a zero on IU's star freshman.  Then again, that may be what keeps Romeo at IU for a 2nd year...:coffee:

Archived