Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

There's nothing suspicious about IU getting 5 star recruits. Crean was pulling in a 5 star per year for a while.

Yep. But the 5 stars he was getting didn't have family $ issues. Zeller, Yogi's Family, Blackmon Jr.....all aren't motivated by the short when they were thinking long. Only one that was close was Vonleh but he didn't even unpack his bags. He was done in 6 months regardless. 

As of tonight.... Feb. 19..... Tim Langford is still talking about making one more trip to IU.  I think that is significant..... especially considering the majority of schools who get the last visit.... actually wind up getting the recruit.  This is my opinion.  Not based on any inside information  And based on Mr. Langford's statements AFTER the Vandy visit.

The caveat, as I have stated before.... in this thread.... is IF this visit does not happen, IMHO... that as well could be very telling.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

As of tonight.... Feb. 19..... Tim Langford is still talking about making one more trip to IU.  I think that is significant..... especially considering the majority of schools who get the last visit.... actually wind up getting the recruit.  This is my opinion.  Not based on any inside information  And based on Mr. Langford's statements AFTER the Vandy visit.

The caveat, as I have stated before.... in this thread.... is IF this visit does not happen, IMHO... that as well could be very telling.

Hope so! I read earlier comments as we have one more chance to sell ourselves. IMO we don't need to sell ourselves. As I said yesterday or whenever....so tired of these state kids dragging us along. Not buying in anymore. I long for the day when a state kid says I'm going to IU. You can ride with me or not. 

One thing about the “dirty recruitment” talk, and this isn’t even specific to Langford, but a recruitment being dirty doesn’t have to mean a player/family is asking for cash to the highest bidder, or that a coach is going around offering cash. A dirty recruitment could be happening without the player even knowing it. 

So many outside forces (agents, shoe companies, runners, wanna be AAU guys, etc.) are at work in certain recruitments to stear kids in certain directions. So someone saying a certain recruitment is dirty isn’t necessarily an indictment on that particular recruit or his family.  

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

We've got a few posters that tend to speak in absolutes. I've learned to take them with a grain of salt even though the representation that they "know" what's going to take place is a tad annoying at times.  It's not just the negative folks...we've had plenty of people saying certain players/coaches were a done deal to IU only to find out that they were absolutely wrong as well.

Thanks for sharing. I don't think it's hopeless either but I also don't pretend to know something only to have a bunch of egg on my face later when proven wrong.

:snack:

underrated good post in this thread. nobody's 'sources' have been right about anything since one poster, forget his name, on the last version of this site confirmed the Crean firing about 15 minutes before it was announced. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

One thing about the “dirty recruitment” talk, and this isn’t even specific to Langford, but a recruitment being dirty doesn’t have to mean a player/family is asking for cash to the highest bidder, or that a coach is going around offering cash. A dirty recruitment could be happening without the player even knowing it. 

So many outside forces (agents, shoe companies, runners, wanna be AAU guys, etc.) are at work in certain recruitments to stear kids in certain directions. So someone saying a certain recruitment is dirty isn’t necessarily an indictment on that particular recruit or his family.  

Goes without saying. This is a pretty smart board. We all know that stuff. Some serious implications were made. As fans we all ask what's up. 

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

:snack:

underrated good post in this thread. nobody's 'sources' have been right about anything since one poster, forget his name, on the last version of this site confirmed the Crean firing about 15 minutes before it was announced. 

Shoot if I knew my credibility was going to shoot up I would have told the board Wilson was getting axed 7 weeks beforehand. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

And you are presuming he is innocent... Look, I know you like to go around and around arguing about what constitutes “proof” and “evidence.”  But I can tell you with great confidence that circumstantial evidence is admissible in a court of law, and people have been convicted of all sorts of crimes based on circumstantial evidence.  But we’re on an internet message board, not in a trial court — the burden of proof is much lower here.  I’m taking the bar exam next Tuesday, trust me on this one.

I'm not presuming innocence. Not pressuming guilt is not the same as pressuming innocence. 

No going around and around, but you've literally offered no proof other than you can't think of a more plausible explanation for Vandy to get recruits. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope so! I read earlier comments as we have one more chance to sell ourselves. IMO we don't need to sell ourselves. As I said yesterday or whenever....so tired of these state kids dragging us along. Not buying in anymore. I long for the day when a state kid says I'm going to IU. You can ride with me or not. 

^^ This

1 hour ago, ephul said:

Here is what is somewhat of a sign/could be a sign... From my understanding, the IU staff hasn't been to a New Albany game in awhile.... I've been told they are saving the visits for the end... well, we are nearing the end. Will the staff be at any of his remaining games??

53 minutes ago, ephul said:

I know of two games in particular that didn't conflict. 

Not saying it's anything. Just something to keep an eye on

From what I understand, CAM has almost used his allowable contacts and is saving them for the HS tourney. I'm sure someone on this board can correct me if I'm wrong......

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To that I say AMEN! But I think for that to happen, CAM is going to show he can turn IU into a "winning" program. Lets' face it, kids want to play for a winner

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Shoot if I knew my credibility was going to shoot up I would have told the board Wilson was getting axed 7 weeks beforehand. 

I’d have been impressed, it definitely took me off guard when he was fired...I live in columbus, Ohio though, so I never get hear about anything except what the Buckeye football team had for breakfast...

12 hours ago, BEKA said:

100% agree. This is how internet nonsense goes viral. It makes zero sense that a family, that by all accounts, are pillars of their community and have raised a fantastic, god-gifted son would go dirty this late in the game. Why would a family with a son that is set to make multiple millions of dollars in one or two years risk everything for a few bucks in some stupid college recruiting battle? This is some stupid fantastical garbage fed to fans by the likes of idiots like Dakich (and other know-nothings) for the sake of stirring the pot. As IU fans, we should be above this crap. 

It comes from the fact that Vanderbilt has no history of winning or getting top recruits then all of a sudden they might get 3 five star players in one class.  I am not saying any of it is true but that is where all the speculation is coming from.

14 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Part if that is if all of us were being completely honest we'd all have to admit that it was in the best interest of all of those guys.. May, Harris, Oden, Conley, Lyles,  etc to go elsewhere.  No one can honestly say it's in there best interest to play for Tom Crean or Mike Davis.  This situation is completely different.   IU is clearly a better fit for Romeo than Vandy.  You can't even debate that.  If he committed to Duke, UNC, or Kansas none of us would like it but we'd all understand it.  But Vandy?  Romeo would most certainly receive enormous backlash if he commits to Vandy and rightfully so

You seem to make a regular habit of posting rather questionable stuff but this one is a whole other level of silly. No kid, Romeo included, deserves backlash for committing to any school, including Vandy. That is the kind of crap that UK fans do, IU fans are and most certainly should be, better than this. 

11 hours ago, KDB said:

Is this a guess?

Yes it is just like everyone else on here.  We should just relax and let Romeo make his decision because it is his life and not ours so just sit back and not worry where a 18 year old kid is going to college.  He seems like a great kid from a great family so why not let them make the decision that is best for him and his family.

8 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

You seem to make a regular habit of posting rather questionable stuff but this one is a whole other level of silly. No kid, Romeo included, deserves backlash for committing to any school, including Vandy. That is the kind of crap that UK fans do, IU fans are and most certainly should be, better than this. 

Don't worry. He'll say something worse at some point. 

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I don't know what to make of a visit because it seems like they still have doubts about IU and that we need to make a last ditch effort to land him.

33 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

If he's pulling a Garland in that he's known all along where he's going but is simply stringing us along then he deserves any and all backlash.  He should've committed back in November and got it over with.  And had he done that I wouldn't have booed him or said anything bad about him i would've just ignored him.  Many would have though.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

If he's pulling a Garland in that he's known all along where he's going but is simply stringing us along then he deserves any and all backlash.  He should've committed back in November and got it over with.  And had he done that I wouldn't have booed him or said anything bad about him i would've just ignored him.  Many would have though.

Who cares what you would have done? And no.. he shouldn't have committed in Nov, he wasn't ready.... pretty simple stuff. It's nice to see a young person taking their time when making a decision. 

Archived