Romeo Langford

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah what I've expected.  Doesn't have time?  He couldn't stay over in Bloomington tonight and then check things out tomorrow morning before heading back to NA.  He has time so if he doesn't it's Vandy all the way. 

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah what I've expected.  Doesn't have time?  He couldn't stay over in Bloomington tonight and then check things out tomorrow morning before heading back to NA.  He has time so if he doesn't it's Vandy all the way. 

Not sure why it double quoted but that could be it or it could be thr fact that they practice tomorrow morning at Seymour to prepare for sectional.  I find it humerous that anything that could be a negative you are thr first to say i told you its Vandy all the way but when its pro IU you are like i hope so. If so sure no reason to hope. The decision had not been made yet. Is their a leader i believe so.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He just going to skip sectional practice? Also.. every HS in the state makes their kids ride the bus back home with them after a game. You aren't allowed to have your own ride home, that applies to Romeo as well. Why do you still bother?

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I can tell you there is 1 goal and that is to win a State championship. The decision will come after the tournament as others have shared. 

Agree 110% here, once his run at the state title comes to an end, he will then make any necessary visits that he may think he needs/wants to make before deciding on a school.  

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He just going to skip sectional practice? Also.. every HS in the state makes their kids ride the bus back home with them after a game. You aren't allowed to have your own ride home, that applies to Romeo as well. Why do you still bother?

I let my kids ride home with their parents away games and meets.  All it took was the parent coming to me and telling me.  Either way, this is not a sign.  

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You’re so convinced that he’s going to vandy and so negative all the time that you’re forgetting a couple things. 

1.He’s a high school kid who has a lot going on mentally right now

2. He’s focused on his team and winning the championship because he owes it to his school,  his coach, his team and himself. He works hard at his craft and deserves to focus on just this for a little while 

how would you feel if he was at IU and we were number 1 seed in tournament and he kept being asked about going pro and right before the first round game in let’s say California he went and visited the Sacramento Kings facility because they were considering drafting him and wanted to bring him in... your negative Nancy self would rip him up and down. For once in your life can you sit back and just let him enjoy his last month of high school basketball. He’s been building relationships for 13 years and that all ends soon. Kids he talks to everyday he may not Talk to ever again. I couldn’t imagine trying to process that while making a life altering decision. 

Key words are He "may not" have time. It really depends on how things go in the ST. They are more than likely going to face the only team that beat them. RL's head is where it should be right now. Perhaps he has made his mind up at this time, maybe not. I am sure there is nothing more important to him than finishing his HS career with another State Championship.

Doesn't CAM have his in home left? If so, it would be very telling if it goes unused.

Saw this mentioned in a story about Luc Longley on The Ringer this morning. Thought it was especially funny, considering how much Vanderbilt talk we've all heard lately. 

Longley didn’t know about the casual wickedness Jordan dished out to big-man teammates like Bill Cartwright and Will Perdue (whom he called “Will Vanderbilt,” because he thought Perdue didn’t deserve to be named after a Big Ten school).

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Vanderbilt just named in the FBI case along with Kansas.  Hmmmm.......

I went over to the Kentucky message boards and it seems like there is somewhat of a melt down starting. I saw that one poster said that he thought he saw Jared Jefferies name somewhere. I was not able to find it. 

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I went over to the Kentucky message boards and it seems like there is somewhat of a melt down starting. I saw that one poster said that he thought he saw Jared Jefferies name somewhere. I was not able to find it. 

It’s on there too.  But he left in 2002 and these documents so far only go back to 2015.  Not sure what that means.

19 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Where is LongDukDong?  We need him to come and spread some reverse psychology while single handily ticking everyone else in the process.  I personally thought he was funny and just trying to be funny by being contrary.  Some fell hook, line, and sinker.  

When it came to recruiting info, "Bird is the Word"........

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

In HS you allowed that? 

Track and cross country.  Especially cross, when coming from an invite that may be an HR or more away.  Most kids would ride the bus with friends because it's a tight knit group but it's a Saturday, most of the time, and family trumps team even when team is family.  

Archived