Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Track and cross country.  Especially cross, when coming from an invite that may be an HR or more away.  Most kids would ride the bus with friends because it's a tight knit group but it's a Saturday, most of the time, and family trumps team even when team is family.  

We would never allow that and highly doubt any football and basketball teams allow it. 

11 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Jcbasketball was a fraud. One of the real connected guys fed him fake information via private message. Can’t remember which one it was now. 

Yeah I remember him saying Harris was a done deal and wondering if btowninsider was the same guy when he was saying Donovan was a done deal.

5 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Yeah I remember him saying Harris was a done deal and wondering if btowninsider was the same guy when he was saying Donovan was a done deal.

I vividly remember a post from him talking about the "Super Six" and how Tom Crean "Got. Them. All." Someone PM'd me back on the scout site and told me that one of the legit insiders was messing with him about Harris.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On top of obvious reasons ilability issues as well 

A parent taking their own kid makes the school less liable.  I look at it the complete opposite.  My athletic department at 2 different school corporations, one very small and one very large, did not care in the least so long as the parent took them.  Come to think of it at the large school they had to sign their name next to the roster.  That was it.  

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

A parent taking their own kid makes the school less liable.  I look at it the complete opposite.  My athletic department at 2 different school corporations, one very small and one very large, did not care in the least so long as the parent took them.  Come to think of it at the large school they had to sign their name next to the roster.  That was it.  

Was at a school several years ago in which a parent signed off for an athlete to ride home with parents. I was not the coach of that team.  Player instead went with boyfriend even though parent signed the roster form. They were involved in an accident nothing major but the  Parents sued stating that the school is liable until student was returned back to their school. Case was settled out of court and new rule was implemented. any coach not abiding would be terminated with casue.

9 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

It’s been stated multiple times that Romeo and the team stay/ride together. I believe they wait for him to finish signing. Maybe I’m wrong about that, but I’ve seen it a couple times. Him visiting IU after his game tonight was never going to happen. Why would it? 

When they came to our school, he stayed after for 2 1/2 hours to sign autographs and take pictures.  The entire team sat in the gym for the duration. A few administrators went to McDonalds and brought some food back for them.

59 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

ha...so he doesn't know. I can only respect the Langford family for their approach and how they've handled the recruitment. They are class act and that makes me want Romeo more. 

26 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

ha...so he doesn't know. I can only respect the Langford family for their approach and how they've handled the recruitment. They are class act and that makes me want Romeo more. 

I think Evan Daniels is being genuine. If you look at his CB predictions, he's only done like over 50 predictions, while guys like Jerry Meyer & Andrew Slater have done 100+. Seems like he's the type of guy to only make a prediction when he feels that he has really good intel. I also believe that Evan works in Nashville, so I'm sure if he was positive on Romeo to Vandy, he would have already put in his prediction. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think Evan Daniels is being genuine. If you look at his CB predictions, he's only done like over 50 predictions, while guys like Jerry Meyer & Andrew Slater have done 100+. Seems like he's the type of guy to only make a prediction when he feels that he has really good intel. I also believe that Evan works in Nashville, so I'm sure if he was positive on Romeo to Vandy, he would have already put in his prediction. 

Do these guys really know anything more than anybody else? It seems they change their CB predictions the day of. By that point, who cares. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Evan and I used to exchange info when he worked at Scout, and I was moderating John Decker's Hoosier Nation.  Unless he has moved, I think he is still operating out of Lexington, Kentucky.  At least he was back then.  Regardless.... you are correct.  Evan does not go with intel he is not 100% positive of.

Archived