Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2018 at 11:04 PM, dbmhoosier said:

It was always Vandy.  Everyone with a brain knew that. 

OMG, here we go again.  First it was “only the uninformed knew” and now it’s “everyone with a brain knew”?  Do you think anyone who thinks he actually might come to IU is stupid?  How about you grow up?  Your comments are getting ridiculous, and from all of your posts I can tell you have no inside info where he’s going.  You just speculate like the rest of us.

7 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

OMG, here we go again.  First it was “only the uninformed knew” and now it’s “everyone with a brain knew”?  Do you think anyone who thinks he actually might come to IU is stupid?  How about you grow up?  You’re comments are getting ridiculous, and from all of your posts I can tell you have no inside info where he’s going.  You just speculate like the rest of us.

It's the same schtick, posted over and over on multiple IU boards.

19 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Well no matter the reason, looks like Romeo was smart to wait.  Doubt he’s going to take a chance on IU now that our name is getting thrown around in the FBI investigation.

Um... did you already forget that players from Vanderbilt and Kansas were listed as receiving money in the documents from this morning? A lot of names have been thrown around. The only two schools hit with a smoking gun have been Louisville and Arizona (so far).

1 minute ago, Shooter said:

Um... did you already forget that players from Vanderbilt and Kansas were listed as receiving money in the documents from this morning? A lot of names have been thrown around. The only two schools hit with a smoking gun have been Louisville and Arizona (so far).

But only one of the three programs have had a coach implicated.  Kansas is for sure dirty, so hopefully the FBI has something on them.  Vandy, we’ll just have to wait and see what they have.  Drew might have lucked out that the wiretap warrant was expired when he paid Garland and Shittu.

Ex-IU coach Chuck Martin may very well be dirty, but these two former IU studs did not take Andy Miller's bait! It said in the latest article in the Indystar....

Neither Anunoby nor Bryant signed with Andy Miller's ASM agency after leaving Bloomington. Martin didn't respond to IndyStar's request for comment.

There was no crime here, besides, Chuck Martin doesn't work for IU anymore. 

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

But only one of the three programs have had a coach implicated.  Kansas is for sure dirty, so hopefully the FBI has something on them.  Vandy, we’ll just have to wait and see what they have.  Drew might have lucked out that the wiretap warrant was expired when he paid Garland and Shittu.

I wouldn't call Chuck Martin "implicated". It's an email from somebody else, dropping his name and referencing a deal that never happened. There is nothing currently out there that will penalize IU in any way.

Not saying we are clean for sure, who knows what will come out tomorrow, but we aren't in any worse shape right now than Kansas or Vanderbilt.

10 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Vandy has a player that is mentioned as receiving $10k.....

5 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Ex-IU coach Chuck Martin may very well be dirty, but these two former IU studs did not take Andy Miller's bait! It said in the latest article in the Indystar....

Neither Anunoby nor Bryant signed with Andy Miller's ASM agency after leaving Bloomington. Martin didn't respond to IndyStar's request for comment.

There was no crime here, besides, Chuck Martin doesn't work for IU anymore. 

Excellent contribution.  My personal thanks for providing this.

26 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

OMG, here we go again.  First it was “only the uninformed knew” and now it’s “everyone with a brain knew”?  Do you think anyone who thinks he actually might come to IU is stupid?  How about you grow up?  You’re comments are getting ridiculous, and from all of your posts I can tell you have no inside info where he’s going.  You just speculate like the rest of us.

Just leave him alone. He wants you to react to him. Clearly he knows nothing. 

SInce now IU is supposedly linked to this FBI debacle, Vandy and Kansas are linked too, there may be no clear front runner for Romeo until either the second he sits at a table to announce or he pushes back his commitment day to early summer just before he becomes eligible to be on a campus and working out with that team.  Maybe by the time he is eligible to be on campus working out and training, enough information will be released that will help him choose one of these three schools. 

6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

SInce now IU is supposedly linked to this FBI debacle, Vandy and Kansas are linked too, there may be no clear front runner for Romeo until either the second he sits at a table to announce or he pushes back his commitment day to early summer just before he becomes eligible to be on a campus and working out with that team.  Maybe by the time he is eligible to be on campus working out and training, enough information will be released that will help him choose one of these three schools. 

If I were Romeo I'd be feeling a couple things. First...blessed to have waited until Spring to see how the entire investigation shakes out. Secondly (maybe someone can help with official term) but I wouldn't be signing my actual commit papers until the last second. He can verbal but signing is a different thing.

10 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

There’s been nothing that has come out saying any money actually went to players that attended IU.  An agent reaching out and money actually trading hands are two different things.  Kansas and Vandy however, do have players linked that actually got to campus.

Archived