Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Colonialcrester

Romeo Langford

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I miss indiana basketball living out of state now.  This is a great month in the state.

The days get longer, you can play hoops outside more comfortably, the post season frenzy is on. 

It is fantastic.  Nothing quite like it. 

One of the special things about High School hoops is that the great players are not one and done.  You get to see groups of kids grow over the course of 3-4 years.  Usually, the teams loaded with freshmen and sophomores struggle to beat the more experienced teams, regardless of talent.  But, it all builds up to that magical year when that special group of players are seniors. 

I still remember seeing Romeo for the first time as a freshman, telling my son to remember the moment because he may never see another player that good come through Southern Indiana in his lifetime.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the mystery and intrigue, it all seems clearer now! IU played poorly against Rutgers intentionally, so that the coaches and players could get out on the recruiting trail this weekend! What brilliance!! :coffee:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Ah the mystery and intrigue, it all seems clearer now! IU played poorly against Rutgers intentionally, so that the coaches and players could get out on the recruiting trail this weekend! What brilliance!! :coffee:

You could be on to something.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Thanks for sharing. Confirms what mile told us a week ago. 

I don't tweet hunt. So even if that tweet is from a week ago.... it is the first I have heard about a possible April announcement time. Everything else is pretty much what I had heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Those are great pictures.  Thanks for posting.

Looks to me like more than just sitting in the stands.  Our guys were actually interacting with Romeo.  If only I were a fly on the wall..... LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I posted separately, I was happy to see Archie skip the New Albany game. 

He has a plan in place and I'm hopeful he'll execute it perfectly. 

The Seymour Regional next week offers the chance for the IU staff to take stock further of a kid like Anthony Leal and be front and center for Trayce Jackson-Davis and, if they wish, Romeo Langford. 

Exciting times ahead. 

Edited by CoachSS
*The Seymour Regional...
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Those picks don't mean a ton in the big scheme, but have to have Vandy fans sweating.

I think one of the was at a Magic the Gathering event last night and the other was watching a Lord of the Rings marathon, but yes, when they find out about our players being there, they will BOTH be upset.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm salivating at the possibility of Justin and Romeo running together. Man, imagine the highlight reels with those two. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It is fantastic.  Nothing quite like it. 

One of the special things about High School hoops is that the great players are not one and done.  You get to see groups of kids grow over the course of 3-4 years.  Usually, the teams loaded with freshmen and sophomores struggle to beat the more experienced teams, regardless of talent.  But, it all builds up to that magical year when that special group of players are seniors. 

I still remember seeing Romeo for the first time as a freshman, telling my son to remember the moment because he may never see another player that good come through Southern Indiana in his lifetime.  

Idk if you've been to Southridges gym or not.. but it's an excellent gym. They have a wall dedicated to the top 10 games played in that game in its history. Very cool venue. I'll be pulling for the Dragons this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BEKA said:

I'm salivating at the possibility of Justin and Romeo running together. Man, imagine the highlight reels with those two. 

After watching Mich. win their back to back BTT championship, I can't help but dream......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

As I posted separately, I was happy to see Archie skip the New Albany game. 

He has a plan in place and I'm hopeful he'll execute it perfectly. 

The Seymour Regional next week offers the chance for the IU staff to take stock further of a kid like Anthony Leal and be front and center for Trayce Jackson-Davis and, if they wish, Romeo Langford. 

Exciting times ahead. 

Can you give more info on Anthony Leal,first time I have heard that name

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leal plays for Indiana Elite with Galloway. Has been to IU a number of times but not surprising since he lives in Bloomington. 

A prospect to monitor, for certain. I think IU saw him in an open gym in November and believe he was at IU 2-3 times during this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Leal plays for Indiana Elite with Galloway. Has been to IU a number of times but not surprising since he lives in Bloomington. 

A prospect to monitor, for certain. I think IU saw him in an open gym in November and believe he was at IU 2-3 times during this season. 

Coach.... coming through with the goods.  Once again !

I love it when a possible IU prospect lives in B-town.    Just makes it easier for them to make multiple unofficials.

Go get him,  Archie !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Those are great pictures.  Thanks for posting.

No problem. Saw it on Twitter and thought you guys would appreciate it. 

I had to smile for a bit thinking about people on this board getting anxiety over the fact that Archie wasn't there. I think we'd all agree that having players show up instead ended up being the right call. The result was everything we could have asked for and more. Didn't burn a coaching visit, guys on the team got to chat with Romeo, and the players showed the community that even they like to partake in the Hoosier Hysteria. An overall positive look for the IUBB brand.

I was also imagining that if we were to land Romeo, what a recruiting tool it would be to have Romeo sitting in the stands next year watching KBJ and TJD play!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Idk if you've been to Southridges gym or not.. but it's an excellent gym. They have a wall dedicated to the top 10 games played in that game in its history. Very cool venue. I'll be pulling for the Dragons this weekend. 

Have never been before, but will be there on Saturday.  The whole town of Huntingburg sounds pretty cool, with all of the movies filmed there and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Have never been before, but will be there on Saturday.  The whole town of Huntingburg sounds pretty cool, with all of the movies filmed there and stuff.

I grew up in/around Huntingburg and graduated from Southridge.  If you're in town for the game, eat at the Gaslight.  Great pizza and sandwiches.  If they're too crowded, go to the Overtime just down the street. Good bar food. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×