Romeo Langford

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dated a girl in college named sunshine so I guess..... oh thats for a different board:D

29 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

I dated a girl named Sunshine in college too....hey wait a minute....

From Padanaram or another hippy commune? Sunshine's younger sisters Moonbeam and Rainbow were very popular too. :D

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Man we need a beating a dead horse emoji...... either that or beating my head against the wall

Haha, there used to be a "beating my head against the wall" emoji on one of the previous HSN sites. Maybe dates all the way back to the scout days. It was a brick wall.

15 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Since it hasn't been said in a while...

If Romeo was going to commit to IU, he would have already done it. He's just holding out so he doesn't get booed by IU fans.

:coffee:

Unfortunately, that's my thought process too. Recently seen some good news here so I was hopeful, but trying not to get my hopes up too high.

10 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I really appreciate the post and this is the type of feedback I can respond to. 

I'm negative IU guy. I'm sorry. I don't want to be that way but it's clear as day that our results have given me that right. I still project IU as a blueblood and we don't have those results. I'd like to chime in with my two cents but I don't want to be quoted X amount of times with disagreements and be the only one. My problem is that I feel like I'm one of the few being ostracized for posting anything that the older hierarchy doesn't like.

I know for a FACT that mile doesn't want it to be this way either. dmb being the joke of the forum doesn't help either. I don't think dmb is a joke either. He just pushes his opinions because you push him.

Here's what I think you're missing...

I don't think it's folks having a negative outlook that gets things stirred up.  I think what annoys more people is the absolutes in which some posters speak.  When you give OPINION as FACT without any more inside knowledge than 400 other fans here, that is going to be challenged.  Read the posts that get the most flack carefully and odds are, you'll see opinion (both positive and negative) laid out as the absolute truth.  I've absolutely challenged some of that and I always will. What you're missing is that I'll challenge it whether it is pro or anti-IU.  If you don't know for sure, don't pretend that you do.

No question, some folks have been challenged solely based on the fact that their opinion wasn't one the challenger agreed with, and no question, we've had some fun with DBM calling him Eeyore at times when he's been pretty negative, but more often than not, it has to do with opinion being stated as fact.

...and DBM can call me a Sunshine Pumper if he wants.  It's all in good fun here anyway and I find the term as funny as I do Eeyore.  We're surely not so thin-skinned that we can't take a little trash talking once in awhile.  What I've seen here is mild compared to other forums and I don't recall ever being personally offended.  Life is too short to take it so seriously anyway.  We're just talking basketball here.

33 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Here's what I think you're missing...

I don't think it's folks having a negative outlook that gets things stirred up.  I think what annoys more people is the absolutes in which some posters speak.  When you give OPINION as FACT without any more inside knowledge than 400 other fans here, that is going to be challenged.  Read the posts that get the most flack carefully and odds are, you'll see opinion (both positive and negative) laid out as the absolute truth.  I've absolutely challenged some of that and I always will. What you're missing is that I'll challenge it whether it is pro or anti-IU.  If you don't know for sure, don't pretend that you do.

No question, some folks have been challenged solely based on the fact that their opinion wasn't one the challenger agreed with, and no question, we've had some fun with DBM calling him Eeyore at times when he's been pretty negative, but more often than not, it has to do with opinion being stated as fact.

...and DBM can call me a Sunshine Pumper if he wants.  It's all in good fun here anyway and I find the term as funny as I do Eeyore.  We're surely not so thin-skinned that we can't take a little trash talking once in awhile.  What I've seen here is mild compared to other forums and I don't recall ever being personally offended.  Life is too short to take it so seriously anyway.  We're just talking basketball here.

I have no problem with that but when 0708 says "this one's over with boys" you give him no flack whatsoever.  There is a double standard.  People can speak in absolutes on this board as long as they're positive.

42 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

Have we heard any additional info on when he plans to announce. Still after the run towards state and potentially at the McD's game

Yes.  Announcement date may get pushed all the way to April now.  It all depends upon how far NA goes in the state tournament.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I have no problem with that but when 0708 says "this one's over with boys" you give him no flack whatsoever.  There is a double standard.  People can speak in absolutes on this board as long as they're positive.

0708 has taken hiatuses from this site for receiving flack.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

True. And it is a shame, because he had some great intel on Romeo he shared with me, and perhaps with you as well, just yesterday. 

Is he currently not posting? I always look forward to seeing his post and to try and crack his identity since we live in same town

16 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I remember him taking a fair amount of abuse when a recruiting story changed but some of us definitely defended him as well.  This board absolutely leans SP but there's plenty of skepticism too. I just appreciate the fact that it's usually fairly polite.

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I remember him taking a fair amount of abuse when a recruiting story changed but some of us definitely defended him as well.  This board absolutely leans SP but there's plenty of skepticism too. I just appreciate the fact that it's usually fairly polite.

I remember him taking some abuse on things he posted that later turned out to be correct as well due to his tone of absolutes at the time he posted. What I don't remember is 0708 running around on other boards bashing this board and even IU as dbm has made a habit of doing. 

28 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

I remember him taking some abuse on things he posted that later turned out to be correct as well due to his tone of absolutes at the time he posted. What I don't remember is 0708 running around on other boards bashing this board and even IU as dbm has made a habit of doing. 

Now that is grounds for a flogging.

Just my little two cents. Call it what you want but anyone with half a brain that has either A) came here from other boards or B) banned from other boards and came here....should pay very close attention to 0708 and a few others. As dialed in a free board as it gets. Again..just my two cents. 

Archived