Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll take the grief for saying “it’s over” because that’s what I was told by a reliable source whos been right more than wrong.  Not different than DBM or DMB saying it’s always been Vandy and always will be.  He then has since backtracked saying we have a shot.  Something happened after HH and it wasn’t just Garland but most importantly we are back in the mix and in WAY better shape than most of us even think.  When I was told what I shared with Mile I was frankly shocked in a good way.  Is the news correct?  We have to wait and see...

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ll take the grief for saying “it’s over” because that’s what I was told by a reliable source whos been right more than wrong.  Not different than DBM or DMB saying it’s always been Vandy and always will be.  He then has since backtracked saying we have a shot.  Something happened after HH and it wasn’t just Garland but most importantly we are back in the mix and in WAY better shape than most of us even think.  When I was told what I shared with Mile I was frankly shocked in a good way.  Is the news correct?  We have to wait and see...

Maybe I missed the post or posts. Just to make sure. Are we in good shape? Or did I miss the "it's over" part somewhere along the line? If someone can paraphrase it would be appreciated. 

I personally haven't seen much flack, if any, unless someone posts something as fact without stating it is their opinion, or giving any sort of background information.

For example, a random post of "it's over boys, he is going to vandy".  It has nothing to do with the content.  It's the fact that you go between "insider info" and personal opinion, then take credit for it regardless, for ego purposes.  It's unnecessary and obvious.  Mile never does that and people respect him.

Now if you post something positive like: "it's over boys, we got him".  People are going to ask you how you came to that conclusion.  Is that less accusatory and angry, of course, because people are hopeful it is true.  That's the nature of people. Now if you are unable to give any sort of info to back that up, I guarantee the same thing will happen.  

Why is this a problem for some people? Because multiple definitive statements like that have been made about romeo, and he still has yet to make a decision. And it is an easy fix, just don't post things as absolutes.  That is all people want, it's really simple and should be common sense.  How about: "I have intel stating romeo is choosing vandy" as opposed to "romeo is gone", you may get a small amount of flack still, but people are very reasonable on this site.

This playing the victim stuff is overplayed and pathetic to me.  Sorry if that's harsh, but the readers of hsn deserve the respect of posts being thoughtful, and worded appropriately to convey what's actually intended. Posting absolutes should be rare, and carefully done.  

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Thanks 0708 I really appreciate your information  you and hickory hoosier and some others are one of the main reasons I have followed this and other boards for years. Your input makes thing more exciting for all of us some just choose to be negative! Coach ss seems to have a good way about him too thanks to all and keep it rolling!

1 hour ago, hoosierBGH said:

I remember him taking some abuse on things he posted that later turned out to be correct as well due to his tone of absolutes at the time he posted. What I don't remember is 0708 running around on other boards bashing this board and even IU as dbm has made a habit of doing. 

I sure we will hear from 0708.  However don't expect any "good" stuff.  At least as to how it relates to Romeo.

As for those who think 0708 is a sunshiner..... lest we forget that he got banned by John Decker on Hoosier Nation.... for letting us know about what was happening to Kelvin Sampson.  Even though 0708 was spot on.

0708 and others ARE locked in.... whether some want to admit it or not.  And I can share and understand with them.... their reasons to remain quiet at times. 

Just as Birdman used to bring us the goods... I am telling you people.... that when... in addition to 0708.... when CoachSS stands up to speak.... pay attention. 

Here's one thing I absolutely love about Romeo...this young man is already thinking about life after basketball.  He's chasing an academic honors diploma in high school.  Could he have skated and taken easier classes knowing that he will likely make millions playing ball? Absolutely.  The fact that he chose the harder road just speaks volumes to me about his character and how smart of a ball player he likely is.  For a player like Romeo or OG or Vic, it's not just the athleticism.  It's also about intelligence and that's what makes these guys so special.

Romeo, here's some cheap but IMO valuable advice from a financial planner/advisor: Give strong consideration to a finance or accounting major in college.  Those are the areas that will serve you best when you are managing your millions after the NBA.  It's much cheaper to pay a guy to design your house than it is to pay accountants and financial advisors to manage your fortune.

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I sure we will hear from 0708.  However don't expect any "good" stuff.  At least as to how it relates to Romeo.

As for those who think 0708 is a sunshiner..... lest we forget that he got banned by John Decker on Hoosier Nation.... for letting us know about what was happening to Kelvin Sampson.  Even though 0708 was spot on.

0708 and others ARE locked in.... whether some want to admit it or not.  And I can share and understand with them.... their reasons to remain quiet at times. 

Just as Birdman used to bring us the goods... I am telling you people.... that when... in addition to 0708.... when CoachSS stands up to speak.... pay attention. 

I'm sure that's all very true it's just after the Donovan hoax and 0708 saying Romeo was a done deal many are skeptical.  Then there was also HickoryHoosier, another supposed big time insider, saying certain players wouldn't be making the trip to GTech, the decision on whether Crean would be back or not would be 100% Crean's decision alone, etc.  There seem to have been a lot of misfires lately.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm sure that's all very true it's just after the Donovan hoax and 0708 saying Romeo was a done deal many are skeptical.  Then there was also HickoryHoosier, another supposed big time insider, saying certain players wouldn't be making the trip to GTech, the decision on whether Crean would be back or not would be 100% Crean's decision alone, etc.  There seem to have been a lot of misfires lately.

And it may be time to pump the brakes on speaking in absolutes for a bit.  Sampson was over 10 years ago. I trust they have sources. I just want a little effort in the posts people make.

Anyone else here on Instagram?  Romeo Langford posted this on his IG account today.  Just thought I would share a screenshot from my phone. The screenshot cut off the hashtags that he had on the post, which were #RedSleeveRo #BlueSleeveRo #GoldSleeveRo

Hope it's OK and nobody minds.

Romeo Langford IG (3-7-18) small.jpg

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You can’t criticize it when you do the same thing and don’t even have inside info. 

10 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

I really don't understand why Romeo would care about academics for 1 year.  I really don't believe that's realistically a factor.

One, maybe two years is what I've been told and based on everything I've read, I see him either finishing while he is a pro like Cody Zeller or finishing after his playing days are over.  I'd bet good money he'll eventually have his college degree and it won't be the typical communications or sports training degrees.

...and I'd just about guarantee he won't be an AFAM major.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's the whole point.  Everyone knows my posts are pure opinion.

I don't think they do...at least not people newer to the forum.  You speak with great confidence and I could see people believing you had an insider information pipeline.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's the whole point.  Everyone knows my posts are pure opinion.

So this means you are afforded the luxury of being wrong since you are posting opinions that often read like fact whereas he has inside info, and has to be right?

Please, correct me if I am wrong, but that is how its reading to me.

I posted about the "absolute " issue a couple of weeks ago.

It really isn't that hard to add "imo" to any post that is just that, an opinion.

No one on here, to my knowledge, is a professional journalist thus anyone on here who is conveying that they have a "scoop " is doing so for the sake of having their ego stroked, imo. There are certainly people who post here who are well connected and whose track record has allowed them a degree of latitude as to the veracity of their content. What I have read from the majority of their posts is a surety in what they say but also a bit of humility in that they acknowledge that the source of their information is not "absolute ".

I wish that all posters here would set their egos aside for the greater good of the board 

24 minutes ago, IUredhead said:

Anyone else here on Instagram?  Romeo Langford posted this on his IG account today.  Just thought I would share a screenshot from my phone. The screenshot cut off the hashtags that he had on the post, which were #RedSleeveRo #BlueSleeveRo #GoldSleeveRo

Hope it's OK and nobody minds.

Romeo Langford IG (3-7-18) small.jpg

I think this seals it...he put us furthest left of the three. Since everyone reads left to right, this can only mean we are first on his mind and thus IU will be his pick. 

:coffee:

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

One, maybe two years is what I've been told and based on everything I've read, I see him either finishing while he is a pro like Cody Zeller or finishing after his playing days are over.  I'd bet good money he'll eventually have his college degree and it won't be the typical communications or sports training degrees.

...and I'd just about guarantee he won't be an AFAM major.

Thanks for the info!

1 minute ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I think this seals it...he put us furthest left of the three. Since everyone reads left to right, this can only mean we are first on his mind and thus IU will be his pick. 

:coffee:

Plus he is in front of the iu jersey, done deal lol

Archived