Romeo Langford

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I remember Dakich saying he had those 2 on campus but Knight wouldn't come to Btown for the visit because he had a preplanned fishing trip.

Yes that is accurate.  When Knight got back to town and Vaughn wanted to visit Michigan he told Dakich to call and take back the offer

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Same here.  Both programs have advantages over the other and I don't think anyone could question why Romeo would want to play for a perennial contender.  The Vanderbilt thing seems to offer nothing but the opportunity to play with one of his friends.

Do not dismiss the power of coaching relationships. RL will dread making the, "thanks, but no thanks call to Drew".

5 hours ago, cybergates said:

I see what you're saying. My three didn't make it can be taken both ways. My interpretation is that he means all 3, but I guess it could mean that my 3 didn't make it but 1 or 2 of them did. You're right that it doesn't clearly state that all 3 didn't make it, but I'd say it heavily implies it.

After his list was cut to seven schools — Indiana, Kansas, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Kentucky, North Carolina and UCLA — Romeo, Tim and Sabrina each wrote down a top three. 

Tim admits his list included North Carolina.

"My three didn't make it," Tim said. "My wife's three didn't make it. Romeo's three made it. So we made sure it's going to be his decision. And the three schools that he has are three great universities, any way you want to put it." 

UNC and UL were the spoilers

8 minutes ago, dyedinthewool said:

Do not dismiss the power of coaching relationships. RL will dread making the, "thanks, but no thanks call to Drew".

Regardless of who he chooses, he'll have two of those calls and no, they are not fun.  Great character builders though.

15 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Regardless of who he chooses, he'll have two of those calls and no, they are not fun.  Great character builders though.

Agreed. That is what builds character, and he knows what needs to be done.  Hand wringing in the next fortnight. It doesn't matter which way he decides to go, it will be a  few gut wrenching  phone calls. Which staff, at this point has the most invested in this recruitment?

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Character builder for sure, made me think of the time my son said he wanted to quit his basketball team! he was only about 8 and the smallest kid in school so nobody passed the ball to him! I said OK, but you are going to have to tell the coach yourself. 

9 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Character builder for sure, made me think of the time my son said he wanted to quit his basketball team! he was only about 8 and the smallest kid in school so nobody passed the ball to him! I said OK, but you are going to have to tell the coach yourself. 

Like yourself, he will remember that life lesson Dad.

10 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Ought to be rebranded as "An Ocean of Ignorance".

Alex, I'll take UK excuses for missing on another blue chip recruit.:

"Kentucky dodged a bullet"

"We didn't want him anyway"

"No blueblood programs are chasing him" 

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

He seems to have a pretty good track record at 94% accuracy or 34/36 picks correct this year. Let's hope he's wrong on this one. As the world turns. 

I’d be more concerned if it was anybody other than a Kansas homer making the pick.  Also, the fact these guys can change their pick 1 second before an announcement is comical.

14 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

I’d be more concerned if it was anybody other than a Kansas homer making the pick.  Also, the fact these guys can change their pick 1 second before an announcement is comical.

Exactly.  More interesting to see how early these correct picks are made.

This is a really lame headline out of the Atlanta newspaper.    Nothing has changed. I am going to link it for you guys to see....how clueless people in the South (Georgia and Kentucky in particular) in terms of Romeo's recruitment, really are.

A commitment may be coming for 5-star SG Romeo Langford

See.... it gives the impression a decision is imminent.  And there is no mention of IU  in the first paragraph.  

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

This is a really lame headline out of the Atlanta newspaper.    Nothing has changed. I am going to link it for you guys to see....how clueless people in the South (Georgia and Kentucky in particular) in terms of Romeo's recruitment, really are.

A commitment may be coming for 5-star SG Romeo Langford

See.... it gives the impression a decision is imminent.  And there is no mention of IU  in the first paragraph.  

I wonder when we will start hearing that Romeo is headed to Georgia because Tom Crean arrived?

14 hours ago, dyedinthewool said:

Agreed. That is what builds character, and he knows what needs to be done.  Hand wringing in the next fortnight. It doesn't matter which way he decides to go, it will be a  few gut wrenching  phone calls. Which staff, at this point has the most invested in this recruitment?

IU and it isn't even close. Romeo may only have to call Archie, but we have put the full court press on him as a program in ways the other two could never have. 

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Truth be known. Though Coach and I are good friends. And have communicated about recruits and "IU Stuff" in the past.  We really haven't communicated in terms of Romeo.

My other sources are not hearing anything... as I have said last week.... anything we can put our teeth into in terms of Romeo. 

Does Birdman still post and if not do you communicate with him at all?

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Does Birdman still post and if not do you communicate with him at all?

Though I have seen a post here and there on various sites..... not much. I was not aware he was still posting.

I have not communicated with him since he took the gig at Crispus Attucks. 

Archived