Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t even see Malik Newman on any draft boards for the 1st or 2nd round?  Am I missing something on him??

I think he probably upped his stock in the tourney, which just ended.  I could see him sneaking into the second.  Either way, his stock will probably never be higher regardless.  And I buy that it was always his plan to go regardless, like the KU fan said.

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Apparently, according to this late breaking story, today..... Calipari was not the only coach that Romeo did not want to play for.  He really did not like how Ol' Roy ran his practices.

What happened between Romeo Langford and North Carolina?

Yeah this was in the Courier Journal story earlier this week.  I would love to know specifically what Romeo did not like.  

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Wow, those guys a ready to hang a banner if they get Romeo.  Will they be good? Sure, but probably still the 3rd best team in the SEC with him.  Without him, they probably don’t make the tournament.

I don't think they are even third with him. UT, Auburn and UK are all almost better than Vandy. 

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Is it just me or is anyone else just starting to not care about this kid any more? He is obviously a great player, seems to be a great kid but seriously....I don't think I can waste another second on fawning over this kid or worrying about him coming to IU. We have a great recruiting class WITHOUT him... Miller, I believe, has moved on and started recruiting other kids for his spot...I'm done with checking this thread 20 times a day for the same info...Lets focus on class of 2019

. My team is on the floor.......and you kids get off my lawn

Yes, it's just you and no, Archie hasn't moved on. 

Romeo is doing nothing wrong. If a fan is getting impatient that is on the fan. 

16 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Is it just me or is anyone else just starting to not care about this kid any more? He is obviously a great player, seems to be a great kid but seriously....I don't think I can waste another second on fawning over this kid or worrying about him coming to IU. We have a great recruiting class WITHOUT him... Miller, I believe, has moved on and started recruiting other kids for his spot...I'm done with checking this thread 20 times a day for the same info...Lets focus on class of 2019

I have a feeling you will still be checking this thread often until he announces.

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think they are even third with him. UT, Auburn and UK are all almost better than Vandy. 

Yeah. Vandy has to replace by far its top three players from last year. Even with Romeo, it will take great years from the freshmen plus leaps forward from their few returning players to even make the tournament at all.

14 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Just listened to a podcast and Bozich (who has watched a ton of Romeo's games in person) said that he thinks if Romeo comes to IU he'll average 20+ ppg. Hard to see anybody matching that. 

That said, I think he will be the focal point, but not to the degree that Trae Young was. Let's not forget that Morgan will most likely be a pre-season top 5 player in the BIG with or without Romeo. 

These will be great problems to have!

Morgan doesn't need to dominate the ball to get his points so I see him being a nearly perfect compliment to Romeo. They would both make each other better but I would expect Romeo to end up scoring more simply because he will have the ball in his hands a lot more. 

58 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Yeah it's only you

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Wow, those guys a ready to hang a banner if they get Romeo.  Will they be good? Sure, but probably still the 3rd best team in the SEC with him.  Without him, they probably don’t make the tournament.

I'd say they are 4th best, at best.  Tennessee brings literally everyone back, UK will be really good, and Auburn will be top 12-15, also.. there still a good possibility UF is better. 

In all honesty SEC is a lot better of a conference then us (currently). This past season and next season. 

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'd say they are 4th best, at best.  Tennessee brings literally everyone back, UK will be really good, and Auburn will be top 12-15, also.. there still a good possibility UF is better. 

In all honesty SEC is a lot better of a conference then us (currently). This past season and next season. 

The B1G looks to be really down again.  I honestly think we have the best team on paper if by some chance Romeo comes.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

If Auburn doesn't have anyone go pro they may be top 5. They had some key injuries this year and two of their best players suspended for the season. 

Archived