Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

1 hour ago, Tru123dt said:

If Kansas was within driving distance then your logic would be correct.

If KU was located in Bloomington game over!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

The only college I've seen that can match IU is ASU.  

Yup. Close but not too far behind: UCF, Texas, Ole Miss. 

Edit: Need to add...some of the best I've ever seen were at TCU. 

Edited by RoadToZion

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe we have the same sources. Do u by chance work in New Albany

No but the ultimate source(s) is possibly mutual.

McHoop

4 minutes ago, McHoop said:

No but the ultimate source(s) is possibly mutual.

McHoop

I dont either thought i might know u from your handle

40 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

University of Georgia was amazing  and it was during the summer when Louisville played them in baseball for regionals.  Heard everyone would dress up in their Sunday finest when going to the football game.  It would have been a sight to see if could have made it to a football game there.  

10 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

University of Georgia was amazing  and it was during the summer when Louisville played them in baseball for regionals.  Heard everyone would dress up in their Sunday finest when going to the football game.  It would have been a sight to see if could have made it to a football game there.  

Not doubting your experience, but living in GA for 17 years now I'm not impressed. Perhaps the co-ed's you saw hadn't let their bodies get away from them yet. But I have lamented the thought many times that here where the weather is warm and the ladies dress accordingly, that most of them need to put something on! 

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not doubting your experience, but living in GA for 17 years now I'm not impressed. Perhaps the co-ed's you saw hadn't let their bodies get away from them yet. But I have lamented the thought many times that here where the weather is warm and the ladies dress accordingly, that most of them need to put something on! 

Maybe, I was there on a special weekend.  Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tru123dt said:

Match

C450CE75-EE18-47FF-87C7-363526B70625.jpeg

The one on the right is my former neighbor....if it isn’t then my former neighbor has a twin.

13 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

The one on the right is my former neighbor....if it isn’t then my former neighbor has a twin.

For the sake of humanity.....i hope your former neighbor has a twin. 😁👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

The fact that my wife went to both UCF and IU makes me happy to see this list 😁

9 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

The fact that my wife went to both UCF and IU makes me happy to see this list 😁

You my friend, are a lucky man. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Kansas 3 National Championships

Indiana 5 National Championships

🏆

The problem is IU hasn't won a National Title or been in the hunt for one in 20 years.  Kansas is in the hunt every year.  They have won 13 straight B1G 12 titles and are national contenders.  We have an up and coming coach who might get us there, might not.  Just don't know yet.  If he is truly a 1 and done, i just don't see why he would choose IU over Kansas. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The problem is IU hasn't won a National Title or been in the hunt for one in 20 years.  Kansas is in the hunt every year.  They have won 13 straight B1G 12 titles and are national contenders.  We have an up and coming coach who might get us there, might not.  Just don't know yet.  If he is truly a 1 and done, i just don't see why he would choose IU over Kansas. 

By that logic, IU and Vandy shouldn't be in the final 3. It should be Duke, Kansas, UNC, fUK, etc. His final 3 tells us that recent program success isn't the only factor in his decision.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Tighten it up.  IU in the title game in 2002.  Kansas has 14 straight conference titles.  

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not all 5 stars care about that... prestige and status are always important, but those recruits will go wherever they’re comfortable. Romeo isn’t a sheep. 

58 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Because he would be "the guy" at iu. Watching Romeo play, he is a little passive, that could change, but it may be hard to stand out at ku, and if anyone saw the mcdonalds game, it may be hard to get garland to share lol

17 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

Will this ensue the whole backlash debate again?

We can only hope!

1 hour ago, CrimsonV said:

Tighten it up.  IU in the title game in 2002.  Kansas has 14 straight conference titles.  

Yes, we were there in 2002 (16 years ago) (1992 Final 4, 26 years) (1987 national Title, 31 years ago), I was talking relevance to being title contender. Its been a while since we were.  Hope that changes with CAM

And yup, 14 straight.  I stand corrected.

There are a few things I want to share with you guys, and make a couple of confessions, as well. Thanks to lots of great people I have met over the years, I have been able to share with you information, both good and bad. 

For instance, two weeks before Gunner Keil decomited, I was able to bring you the news, first. Thanks to a couple of trusted sources.  Many scoffed at me. Other berated me. Many were in disbelief. Of course, until it happened.

Another was Cody Zeller. Many great sources helped out on that one.  And word traveled behind the scenes, as well. Convincing me, the intel was solid on Cody... all the way down to the package from IU to Washingtion High School  The Zeller's did a good job when it came to the recruitment of their sons.  But I guess they just had too many friends in the Washington area, they were willing to talk to about Cody and his plans.

Then of course there was De'Ron Davis.  Word kept coming to me.... even when, late in the process that De'Ron had added one school to his list...that IU was the choice.  To the point I felt extremely confident in giving the strong Easterly wind direction prediction from Denver to Bloomington.

And then Billy Donovan.... not saying I got it wrong.  Still believe very strongly in my sources, and there were a handful of them telling me that Billy was in play for the IU gig. Also, that Mr. Glass just got tired of setting deadlines that Billy never made, and Mr. Glass just decided to move on.  Consider that a miss... that's ok with me. 

-------------------------

Now, we get to Romeo Langford, and another confession I have to make.  Early on, I was getting solid intel on Romeo,  from more than one source,and passed it along here.  All of that came to be accurate.  Then nothing solid has come my way for weeks.  I feel that is a testimony to the Langford's, knowing what to say, and who to say it to.

Reading this thread, the past couple of weeks.... I see many of you relying on me to give up what I have on Romeo.  I just want to thank you for your trust in me, and can only believe that trust has been built up literally over the years. Not just for the examples, I gave above, but for others as well. Remember, I don't get paid to seek out information, like some on pay per view sites.  That is a job for them. I do this out of a passion for IU.... and have been blessed over the years, with people who share and understand my passion.... to the point they are willing to share information with me, whenever it comes available to them.

So I want to say to you.. At present,  I have no info, nor do I have any clue, what is going to be Romeo's choice. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

And just another "boring" day on the "Romeo thread"!  Aye corumba.