Romeo Langford

I expect to see a general shift in the Crystal Ball towards Kansas over the next few days. I don't expect them to be educated shifts, but just based off "it's Kansas" and the fact that Newman and Vick both declared. So, no real info behind them, just kind of group think. Doesn't mean he is or isn't going there, I'd just expect to see that shift in some picks.  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, iualum01 said:

"Blown away" is a bit harsh. Creans first class was Dumas, verdell, etc. Granted, he took over in April and had a short window to recruit but that class didn' blow me away.

Archie has managed to get one of the better pg prospects in Lafayette, a kid out of South bend where we haven't gotten a recruit in 20 to 30 years, Jerome out of Ohio where it was thought osu was a safe bet, an under the radar top 150 kid out of PA that will hustle his ass off and do all the little things for you, and convinced race to come a year early to red shirt and be ready to play college ball. All of these kids are top 150 players. 

No silly offers to kids that don' deserve one. CAM will recruit kids that will get more No's than Yes's (grammar police don' kill me there).  For the time he was in the job, I think it's fantastic he got the commitments he did.

We weren't on Romeo's short or long list when Archie took over. He's shown a thoughtful plan on who to go after for the 19 class and been consistent with his contact with them. This first class may not have blown you away but I'm willing to bet as we go forward, the talent level will continue to rise 

Mile must be on hiatus, so WELCOME to HSN 3.0!!! The very best IU board in the entire Universe!!!

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

The coaches at Northern Iowa, Rutgers, TCU, Princeton, and Dayton all landed a player in 2018 that is better than Phinesee, Anderson, Forrester, or Thompson.   Wade at LSU was hired right when Archie was and he multiple 5 stars coming in.  At freakin LSU.

Did you just conveniently leave Hunter off of your list to suit your agenda?  He’s ranked top 50, and he’s consistently outplayed 5* guys he’s played against.  If you’re going to throw stuff out, you have to look at the whole picture.

I am going to leave Romeo out of this right now.  But Archie plucking a kid from Lafayette and another from South Bend speaks volumes as to his recruiting ability.  I mean he got two kids that were on Purdue and Notre Dame's front porch.  I like that.

Also... don't care how many stars or crossbones or whatever they attach to their name... I care about winning. I want guys like Bridges from Nova that molds themself into a top 20 pick (because he wasn't even close two years ago). Don't care about 1 star or 7 stars...  I want tough dudes. When's the last time we had a dude get a technical or commit a hard foul? Or get inn someone's face? We're soft right now. 

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I am going to leave Romeo out of this right now.  But Archie plucking a kid from Lafayette and another from South Bend speaks volumes as to his recruiting ability.  I mean he got two kids that were on Purdue and Notre Dame's front porch.  I like that.

And Ohio State's front porch, as well.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also... don't care how many stars or crossbones or whatever they attach to their name... I care about winning. I want guys like Bridges from Nova that molds themself into a top 20 pick (because he wasn't even close two years ago). Don't care about 1 star or 7 stars...  I want tough dudes. When's the last time we had a dude get a technical or commit a hard foul? Or get inn someone's face? We're soft right now. 

Doesn’t seem like Romeo, Phinisee, or Anderson really fit that bill at all.  From what I’ve seen, Forrester does, and Hunter might.

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also... don't care how many stars or crossbones or whatever they attach to their name... I care about winning. I want guys like Bridges from Nova that molds themself into a top 20 pick (because he wasn't even close two years ago). Don't care about 1 star or 7 stars...  I want tough dudes. When's the last time we had a dxude get a technical or commit a hard foul? Or get inn someone's face? We're soft right now. 

When I read this technical part,  I couldn't help but think about Crean's last yr when the coaches held up the "No Hop"  sign with the bunny on it.   

I’m excited for this class, either way. IU should be a force within the next couple of years.... aaand a consistent force at that. In my opinion, that’s why Crean was canned. He brought in decent talent, but all too often had mixed results, or inconsistencies, which is why I believe he’s in Georgia now. 

29 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Not worried about Kansas.  Coach SS says IU.  Mile said he'd be shocked if Kansas was the pick.  0708 has said its over with.  

I said it was over with after HH, since I’ve been told otherwise.  Still have been told our chances are high. 

36 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Not worried about Kansas.  Coach SS says IU.  Mile said he'd be shocked if Kansas was the pick.  0708 has said its over with.  

Haha you're a character...0708 has said about a zillion times in the past month or two it's definitely not a done deal. This is probably more related to his previous BD done deal call though.

1 minute ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Haha you're a character...0708 has said about a zillion times in the past month or two it's definitely not a done deal. This is probably more related to his previous BD done deal call though.

No I got info right after HH that said he had his mind made up.  However it wasn’t accurate. He’s just trying to stir the pot I think.

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I said it was over with after HH, since I’ve been told otherwise.  Still have been told our chances are high. 

Our chances are high but it has never been over with.  If you mean that there has been a decision after HH.  

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

No I got info right after HH that said he had his mind made up.  However it wasn’t accurate. He’s just trying to stir the pot I think.

Yea I just know he follows this board way too close to not see you've been adamant it's not a done deal recently. But yea, good ol dmb just trying to stir the pot:cheers:

These comments are coming from a guy in NE Indiana, about as far away from New Albany as you can get and still be in the same state. And I have only seen Romeo on tv or things posted here, never in person. Also, siap earlier.... this thread is just too long to go back and read the entire 199 pages.

With that preface, my questions are- does Romeo come across as wanting to be "the guy " or does he want to be " one of the guys"? In crunch time, is he going to demand or is he going to defer? 

If the answers to those questions are the former, IU makes the most sense. He won't get those opportunities at KU. I hope he's that kind of leader. 

Archived