Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Are people actually tyring to work or something not much traffic today

Unless something pops up raising doubt on his decision, what is left to say that hasn't already been said in the last 245 pages? With the wind hopefully blowing to Bloomington, we just need to sit tight and start planning the Romeo to IU celebration party. Wasn't someone going to be running around naked?

13 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Unless something pops up raising doubt on his decision, what is left to say that hasn't already been said in the last 245 pages? With the wind hopefully blowing to Bloomington, we just need to sit tight and start planning the Romeo to IU celebration party. Wasn't someone going to be running around naked?

Sitting around does not get us the 250 to ensure it

Looking at ESPN.com they had an article about top recruits that have not decided yet.  It was an insider article but under Romeo's picture it said something like most likely head to IU.  So it looks like more and more that people are thinking Romeo to IU is more than likely going to happen.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/

Scroll down just a little bit to see the article about the uncommitted players

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looking at ESPN.com they had an article about top recruits that have not decided yet.  It was an insider article but under Romeo's picture it said something like most likely head to IU.  So it looks like more and more that people are thinking Romeo to IU is more than likely going to happen.

DbmHoosier said it was IU the whole time.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This isn’t more and more people thinking it. It’s more and more people just following suit with a couple people that likely do know. 

I have a bad case of reverse psychology (or whatever the term is) going on.  The more optimistic the basketball world becomes about Romeo coming to IU, the more pessimistic that I become.  Not that I don't think he's not going to come here, as I've believe he will, but all of these people saying it is messing with me. 

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

I have a bad case of reverse psychology (or whatever the term is) going on.  The more optimistic the basketball world becomes about Romeo coming to IU, the more pessimistic that I become.  Not that I don't think he's not going to come here, as I've believe he will, but all of these people saying it is messing with me. 

The good news for you is that it almost never happens that everyone swings to one school and then the recruit chooses another. Not saying it hasn't happened, but the tide is shifting based on some that are perceived to have inside info and it's shifting majorly. That's good. Fool proof? No. Good? Yes.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

DbmHoosier said it was IU the whole time.

I clearly got this one wrong or at least I hope so.  In my defense I did say all along to pay close attention to the announcement location and that if he was going to IU he'd be announcing at NA.   It looked like for a while that he'd be announcing at the McDonald's game. 

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I clearly got this one wrong or at least I hope so.  In my defense I did say all along to pay close attention to the announcement location and that if he was going to IU he'd be announcing at NA.   It looked like for a while that he'd be announcing at the McDonald's game. 

It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. And for that I congratulate you.  However, as once was said, by the famous Yogi Berra.... "it ain't over, till it's over".  My fall back is always going to be Jeffries.

As for me.... I got notin' .  Tightest recruitment, of an IU prospect, I have ever followed. 

I am tapped out on information.  There's literally nothing out there as far as fresh news.  Hats off to Romeo and his family for keeping some suspense in "the decision".  It's got to be tough when seemingly the whole world wants to know.  I was just thinking the same thing Jacario was...it's a little too quiet.  That doesn't mean anything either way to me. It just means that I'm gonna log off and get some work done rather than sitting here starved for information.

25 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Dude...I think I’m with you...but that (unintended?) double negative really threw me off.

Seriously, I think I just read and reread your post like eight times. 

37 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I am tapped out on information.  There's literally nothing out there as far as fresh news.  Hats off to Romeo and his family for keeping some suspense in "the decision".  It's got to be tough when seemingly the whole world wants to know.  I was just thinking the same thing Jacario was...it's a little too quiet.  That doesn't mean anything either way to me. It just means that I'm gonna log off and get some work done rather than sitting here starved for information.

I received word that all is good but do not expect to hear anything else. Also feel that the leaks were intentional out of respect for the other schools.

27 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Dude...I think I’m with you...but that (unintended?) double negative really threw me off.

Seriously, I think I just read and reread your post like eight times. 

Lol I posted it so quick I didn’t catch it.  I meant “Not that I don’t think he’s coming here....”, but put the ol’ triple negative in there.  See, this recruitment has me talking in so many negatives and positives, I can’t keep up with myself.

8 minutes ago, ephul said:

Vandy just took a transfer from Syracuse.... Weren't they already at 13 scholarships?

I just scanned 14powers and it could be the case - can't confirm. Big surprise, they don't have a scholarship numbers/table page like ITH....

2 minutes ago, Max said:

I just scanned 14powers and it could be the case - can't confirm. Big surprise, they don't have a scholarship numbers/table page like ITH....

They had two players transfer and thus they were going after both Romeo and EJ Montgomery...article also states they have one left...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2018/04/19/vanderbilt-basketball-lands-syracuse-transfer-matthew-moyer/533387002/

Archived