Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the heck!

so I just read the KU scout board they claim self visited romeo since he was in Louisville visiting with Charles bassey. Per Bassey’s HS twitter, self was in to see him yesterday. I can’t find anything that says self visited romeo. If so this would be quite the stealth visit. They’ve been trolling pretty hard so it wouldn’t surprise me if this is more bologna. 

@New Albany HSNers - what’s the word? 

11 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I clearly got this one wrong or at least I hope so.  In my defense I did say all along to pay close attention to the announcement location and that if he was going to IU he'd be announcing at NA.   It looked like for a while that he'd be announcing at the McDonald's game. 

You have said that lately. Just having some fun with you.

44 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Romeo wasn’t at NA high school yesterday.  He was at the middle school or elementary school for some kind of awards program.  I guess this could have been later, but I highly doubt it.  One of these other recruiting gurus would’ve been all over twitter about it.

New Washington Elementary 

One of my Louisville buddies runs in my office "Hey, great news! Word is Chris Mack has us back in good with Romeo!'

Me - 'You're stupid, no he doesn't. Stop talking'

Him- 'You're right, but I've got another week to f with your head! That's the only fun I can have now, we're recruiting middle schoolers'

I cleaned up the above dialog, a lot, Because we cuss like 11 yr olds that just discovered all those amazing words.

But he is right, we have like a week of people getting in our heads..including ourselves!

Just now, CapnRon said:

I like how the article puts a spotlight on RP, but seems like comparing apples to oranges.

I'm as much of a fan of RP as any, but I agree. The writer makes some illogical conclusions/comparisons:

If we get Romeo we're no Duke or fUK because they're getting 3-4 Romeos. Disagree because while Romeo is a 5*, not all 5* are Romeo. As oft discussed here, Romeo being an in-state high school legend 5* could have a far reaching impact beyond his time at IU. He's no "hired gun" 5* going to Duke or fUK for whatever reason$ player$ tend to go there.

Talks about how Final Fours teams had upperclass leadership from the PG position. Agree this is important but RP isn't going to be an upperclassmen until the 2020-2021 season. So many things can happen between now and then that could derail the RP is the most important recruit train and his point counters his own first point for Duke/fUK since they don't have upperclass leadership PG's often, if ever anymore.

Archived