Romeo Langford

32 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I've been away over the week-end and was wondering what the big news tonto had or made up......

Yeah, what FK1MO1, said . But also promised a big reveal on "TheShiver.com" for Sunday.  Which never happened.

I hope you had a good week-end away. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all those who can't wait 7 more days, me included, just think about this little fact, and maybe it will at least ease a few minds as of the way the wind is starting to turn in Indiana's direction.

On March 25, 2017, Archie Miller was hired to be the new Head Coach at Indiana University. One year and one month is a very short period of time looking at it in recruiting time frames.

At that point in time, what were Indiana's chances of landing Romeo?

Looked at from a recruitment time frame, 7 days is incredibly short. It also underscores the success and impact CAM has had in such a short amount of recruitment time.

Makes me look at a very bright future as to what is beyond the horizon of next week, and will hopefully give you a good thought to make the week move a little quicker!

4 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

For all those who can't wait 7 more days, me included, just think about this little fact, and maybe it will at least ease a few minds as of the way the wind is starting to turn in Indiana's direction.

On March 25, 2017, Archie Miller was hired to be the new Head Coach at Indiana University. One year and one month is a very short period of time looking at it in recruiting time frames.

At that point in time, what were Indiana's chances of landing Romeo?

Looked at from a recruitment time frame, 7 days is incredibly short. It also underscores the success and impact CAM has had in such a short amount of recruitment time.

Makes me look at a very bright future as to what is beyond the horizon of next week, and will hopefully give you a good thought to make the week move a little quicker!

Hey, prof.  Always good to hear from you.

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Doesn't seem like most people on that board trust him either...otherwise,  doubt he would have a 2 out of 5 stars for his reputation lol. 

You beat me to it...he's been labeled a troll by his home forum.  Looks like he's just an attention whore...doesn't care what kind of attention it is.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You beat me to it...he's been labeled a troll by his home forum.  Looks like he's just an attention whore...doesn't care what kind of attention it is.

Hey guys I have two sources in the indy area too, and they both think indiana based off of nothing.  Also my sources are my brothers.

29 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Tonto speaks. Completely ignores the Self visit he said happened.

image.thumb.png.a2218576a083bb58145622d6b1edd762.png

What a bunch of nonsense. Attempt at translation:

So I know a couple of guys in Indy that are made up and/or KU fans, and one of them thinks Romeo may go to KU still, but both of them thought he would go to KU after UL got busted, but since Self didn't close the deal and he didn't commit right then, his recruitment was still open which allowed him time to actually make his decision. KU is still there in his final 3 so there's still a chance he picks KU because they haven't been eliminated and he is friends with Grimes and enjoys playing with him (even though Grimes predicted he'll go to IU when asked at the all-star game) and one of my sources is sticking with his guess that it's KU.

7 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Hey guys I have two sources in the indy area too, and they both think indiana based off of nothing.  Also my sources are my brothers.

I had Easter dinner with my parents!! They voted for Indiana too!(also cracked me up that we discussed Indiana recruiting at Easter dinner lol) 4>2 tonto or should I say toto

6 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

What gets me is the KU fans saying that if Romeo chooses IU it's only because he was pressured to stay home,  as if there's no other reason why he'd pick IU over Kansas.  Their arrogance,  and ignorance,  knows no bounds.

Eh not to give them a pass, but If we didn't have our down years and had some stupid string of conference titles. We would be pretty snooty too.  Hopefully on the 30th we can pop one of their balloons. I sure will enjoy it when their string of strong coaches hits a snag. It will happen just a matter of time. 

1 minute ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

What gets me is the KU fans saying that if Romeo chooses IU it's only because he was pressured to stay home,  as if there's no other reason why he'd pick IU over Kansas.  Their arrogance,  and ignorance,  knows no bounds.

One of my favorite posts was from one of them that claimed that if Romeo went to IU and not KU, he is basically saying that all he cares about is racking up individual stats. Suggested that guys like Ben Simmons and Fultz only went to their respective schools for the same reason. 

Since when did having the "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality become commendable? I have more respect for a kid who has confidence in his own abilities and wants to showcase them AGAINST other elite players/ teams. Going to a school because you feel it's the easiest path to win a title isn't exactly something you should be praised for. There's a reason so many people got on Kevin Durant when he went to Golden State. 

Now, that isn't to say that I don't want a bunch of top ten players all coming to play at IU. I certainly do. But I definitely wouldn't hold it against players if they decided they wanted to go to another school because they love competition. 

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I don't have the details, but Peegs just posted an article and includes statements from Daniels, Snow and Meyer. All are hearing IU and think that the nature of the announcement (open to the public) strengthens their resolve in what they are hearing. Nothing new.

Of all of those guys Daniels is the one to note — when he says something publicly he has generally been right, because he usually doesn’t say anything specific until he’s confident based on some backchatter or stuff coming out from coaches.

meyer is the one to watch if he changes his pick within day(s) of announcement. 

With Daniels making some kind of statement publicly, that’s a real signal 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah, what FK1MO1, said . But also promised a big reveal on "TheShiver.com" for Sunday.  Which never happened.

I hope you had a good week-end away. 

Thanks Mile! We own an RV and after a miserable and cold (for us) Spring, I told the wife we are going camping! The state park has no internet service, so it was nice to take a little break from this epic thread.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Of all of those guys Daniels is the one to note — when he says something publicly he has generally been right, because he usually doesn’t say anything specific until he’s confident based on some backchatter or stuff coming out from coaches.

meyer is the one to watch if he changes his pick within day(s) of announcement. 

With Daniels making some kind of statement publicly, that’s a real signal 

Do you know if he ever said anything about Zion’s recruitment?

Archived