Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

10 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

My goodness some of you are thick.  Yes that is what I said.  Thank you for explaining my own comment to me.  Questionable as in I don’t think he’s going to make a large impact for us.  I really hope I’m wrong, but that’s my opinion right now.

Did I call out his character?  No. That’s what I’ve been trying to defend.  

That’s at least twice you’ve alluded to members of this community being less than intelligent, myself included among them. 

My suggestion to you moving forward, contrary to your belief that this place is inhabited by a bunch of folks of questionable intelligence, try to assume some of us are at least as sharp as you. A lot of us have a great deal of experience posting in this community or communities like it, and many of us are very careful with our words. It’s a quality you may wish to emulate.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

My goodness some of you are thick.  Yes that is what I said.  Thank you for explaining my own comment to me.  Questionable as in I don’t think he’s going to make a large impact for us.  I really hope I’m wrong, but that’s my opinion right now.

Did I call out his character?  No. That’s what I’ve been trying to defend.  

All I said is you disrespected DA about as much as you possibly could, and the response is I'm Thick. Not to toot my own horn, but I do have a MENSA ID number! You better find a different commentary to disrespect me!

6 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

That’s at least twice you’ve alluded to members of this community being less than intelligent, myself included among them. 

My suggestion to you moving forward, contrary to your belief that this place is inhabited by a bunch of folks of questionable intelligence, try to assume some of us are at least as sharp as you. A lot of us have a great deal of experience posting in this community or communities like it, and many of us are very careful with our words. It’s a quality you may wish to emulate.

So I’m just supposed to sit here and take it while I’m called out for stuff I never said?  I defended and stated my position three times. Two posters didn’t seem to understand what I clearly explained three times, so I called them thick.  

The comment that you are referring to about me calling you unintelligent was literally me saying “You’re really overthinking this”.  That’s calling you less than intelligent? Toughen up buddy.

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

All I said is you disrespected DA about as much as you possibly could, and the response is I'm Thick. Not to toot my own horn, but I do have a MENSA ID number! You better find a different commentary to disrespect me!

Pulling out the Mensa card.  Haven’t seen that on the internets in quite a while. r/iamverysmart

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

So I’m just supposed to sit here and take it while I’m called out for stuff I never said?  I defended and stated my position three times. Two posters didn’t seem to understand what I clearly explained three times, so I called them thick.  

The comment that you are referring to about me calling you unintelligent was literally me saying “You’re really overthinking this”.  That’s calling you less than intelligent? Toughen up buddy.

You tend towards glibness (referring to people as “thick”), you’re generally rude, and you actually do attack members of the community all the while. It’s against community guidelines, you should take a gander through and refamilarize yourself.

As for my level of toughness, I’m fine where and how I am. I am in no need of your postulating and suggesting I am somehow insufficient in that area.

5 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

You tend towards glibness (referring to people as “thick”), you’re generally rude, and you actually do attack members of the community all the while. It’s against community guidelines, you should take a gander through and refamilarize yourself.

As for my level of toughness, I’m fine where and how I am. I am in no need of your postulating and suggesting I am somehow insufficient in that area.

Is it possible for you guys just to PM each other with your senseless bickering on a RL thread?

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

As for “sitting there and taking it?” Sure, when people call you out and you then walk back your comments to better explain yourself, generally, a bigger man would swallow their pride and politely excuse their initial comments and then open up about either what they really meant to say or would now say based on what others have brought to the conversation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

The argument we had earlier in this thread was after a poster called my comment “the dumbest thing I’ve read all day”.  Sorry that I took offense to that. 

How am I generally rude?  I make sure to never name call on here and the worst I’ve done is call someone thick after being falsely accused of attacking Damezi’s character.  I’m not the one crying about community guidelines.  Toughen up buddy.

1 minute ago, Maud'Dib said:

Is it possible for you guys just to PM each other with your senseless bickering on a RL thread?

Apologies. To be fair, we aren’t getting in the way of any breaking news at the moment. This will all be over shortly.

2 minutes ago, Maud'Dib said:

Just trying to get the page count up

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maud'Dib said:

Agreed.

You have all made your points. Let's get back to the thread and excitement. please and thank you.  :)

• Like 2

Just now, hoosier10 said:

The argument we had earlier in this thread was after a poster called my comment “the dumbest thing I’ve read all day”.  Sorry that I took offense to that. 

How am I generally rude?  I make sure to never name call on here and the worst I’ve done is call someone thick after being falsely accused of attacking Damezi’s character.  I’m not the one crying about community guidelines.  Toughen up buddy.

Sure, and that was offensive towards you, and that wasn’t right. But, you responding in kind doesn’t make it any better, 10.

Please, stop taking shots at me. I don’t appreciate the denigration. I’m asking nicely.

2 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

As for “sitting there and taking it?” Sure, when people call you out and you then walk back your comments to better explain yourself, generally, a bigger man would swallow their pride and politely excuse their initial comments and then open up about either what they really meant to say or would now say based on what others have brought to the conversation.

I don’t want to excuse my initial comment it’s exactly what I meant to say. 

1 minute ago, zerawkid said:

Sure, and that was offensive towards you, and that wasn’t right. But, you responding in kind doesn’t make it any better, 10.

Please, stop taking shots at me. I don’t appreciate the denigration. I’m asking nicely.

Toughen up buddy.  You can’t be all soft and then act like internet tough guy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, hoosier10 said:

Toughen up buddy.  You can’t be all soft and then act like internet tough guy.

Ok, absolutely...this stops now.

Keep ignoring my polite requests and a vacation may be passed out. Move on!

• Like 5

If we land Romeo in combination with louisvilles issues, I wonder how much it will help with recruiting in SE Indiana.  Seems most in that area are louisville fans first.  Could potentially help locking down the state.

28 minutes ago, Maud'Dib said:

Good grief, guys.....you're starting to sound like the posters over on Peegs.. We are all better that here.

Edited by Artesian_86

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If we land Romeo in combination with louisvilles issues, I wonder how much it will help with recruiting in SE Indiana.  Seems most in that area are louisville fans first.  Could potentially help locking down the state.

Seems most in that area are louisville fans first.

That’s a negative.

11 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Seems most in that area are louisville fans first.

That’s a negative.

Thats good to know.  

This might be a little OT, but at little diversion never hurt.  Romeo just posted this to Instagram.  Fingers crossed that he's wearing more crimson next year. 

--Jeri

Romeo Langford Prom Pic IG.jpg