Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HoosierFaithful said:

He's retweeting folks who congratulate him -- not indicating this/that way for a decision.

KDB -- missed opportunity to shout out HSN and get Romeo to RT!  VBG.  Now, someone else do it.  I'd do it myself but I don't want you jokers knowing who I am.

I know who you are.   But, not to worry.  Keeping it to myself.  LOL

8 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Damnit Dave, those aren’t Romeo’s feet! 

Except, maybe the whole family is having a go at everyone at this point.

I know I should, but I can’t turn away. This is worse than the Billy Donovan thing...ugh...

Rumor is that Romeo will reveal his selected school by holding up the foot of the family member that has the matching nail polish. 

34 minutes ago, IUSNC said:

Ha! That’s my group Mile. That’s why my mind went immediately there and why SNC is in my handle. Great stuff, great song and great days ahead for our cream and crimson school. 

Ditto what Mile said! SNC rocks!! 

Apologize for this brief interruption; now back to regularly scheduled programming and moving forward to 300 pages..

Was reading the peegs board and find it funny how Rabjohns is literally saying "Im hearing IU strongly, but just not enough to make a prediction. Kansas is kansas so they're still in it" (paraphrased a little but the basic comment) he's just trying to do what I think Mile said a few pages back of just making sure he isn't wrong one way or the other

35 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Was reading the peegs board and find it funny how Rabjohns is literally saying "Im hearing IU strongly, but just not enough to make a prediction. Kansas is kansas so they're still in it" (paraphrased a little but the basic comment) he's just trying to do what I think Mile said a few pages back of just making sure he isn't wrong one way or the other

I think Rabby is still stinging over what went wrong with the way he followed the Garland recruitment.  All the while, guys like Meyer, Daniels, Snow and Zagoria are saying it is IU.

Personally, by not coming out with a prediction.... I think Rabby is losing cred.  He lost a lot of cred over the Garland thing. And IMHO is losing even more by not coming out with a prediction. After all, he is the one getting paid to find out what is going on. And again, I ask.... why pay for this, when other guys like Zagoria are coming out with free tweets. The other guys may be wrong.  But at least they are man enough to make a prediction, and in most cases, except the ones hiding behind a paywall on 247, are willing to share what is coming their way, in terms of commitment. 

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think Rabby is still stinging over what went wrong with the way he followed the Garland recruitment.  All the while, guys like Meyer, Daniels, Snow and Zagoria are saying it is IU.

Personally, by not coming out with a prediction.... I think Rabby is losing cred.  He lost a lot of cred over the Garland thing. And IMHO is losing even more by not coming out with a prediction. After all, he is the one getting paid to find out what is going on. And again, I ask.... why pay for this, when other guys like Zagoria are coming out with free tweets. The other guys may be wrong.  But at least they are man enough to make a prediction, and in most cases, except the ones hiding behind a paywall on 247, are willing to share what is coming their way, in terms of commitment. 

Making a prediction on a recruitment does not make one a man.

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Making a prediction on a recruitment does not make one a man.

Ha. Ha.  Whatever.  The guy is getting paid. His members should expect more, than they are getting. Here, you have a guy (Zagoria )who lives miles and  miles from Indiana.... tweeting out on Sunday.... "Romeo to IU".   How can that be ? 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Ha. Ha.  Whatever.  The guy is getting paid. His members should expect more, than they are getting. Here, you have a guy (Zagoria )who lives miles and  miles from Indiana.... tweeting out on Sunday.... "Romeo to IU".   How can that be ? 

Very manly of Adam Zagoria to piggy back off of all off the other national writers who already made picks for IU.

If a guy who lives in Manhattan can feel confident in what other national writers are telling him.  Then why can't a guy who lives in Indiana do the same ?  Actually, the Indiana guy, due to proximity should be out there beating the bushes in Indiana to find out what is going on.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

If a guy who lives in Manhattan can feel confident in what other national writers are telling him.  Then why can't a guy who lives in Indiana do the same ?  Actually, the Indiana guy, due to proximity should be out there beating the bushes in Indiana to find out what is going on.

I am sorry that crystal ball picks are not my be all end all of basketball journalism. 

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

So what do you expect to get from a paysite from said writer?

Ageed.  And I don't believe that Rabby has joined the CB club as of yet.  May be forced to by 247 in the future.  So.... what's he got to lose by not at least saying something ? 

Heck.  I over the years gotten better information from members...... for free !

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

My favorite thing about this site is that the mods here are very reluctant to use that hammer no matter how idiotic one can be.  Unlike the old Peegs site where any criticism of say Bill Lynch was an automatic ban.  Or unlike the nutjobs over at BB who ban people not for anything they said over there but rather for asking people on this site if a rumor that was started on BB had any validity.   Some real keyboard warriors moding that joke of a board.

2 things:

1) The reason they banned you was because you took info that wasn't being posted on the board but through DM and brought it here. However, someone did post it on the board so technically you didn't do anything wrong in my opinion and shouldn't have been banned.

2) Outside of a few people on that board it is actually excellent as well. Personally I just don't think a lot of people appreciated your pessimistic outlook on things.

I've been reading both boards and participate over there frequently. What I've learned is that both are awesome and I enjoy browsing some intelligent fan boards. I do not understand the rivalry between the 2 sites. I see many duplicate posters and great info is fed from both sites to the other. Rather than having a pissing match on who is better or who has more/reliable "insiders" I think everyone should appreciate how awesome it is that we have 2 very knowledgeable boards that we can go to in order to feed our Hoosier appetite and at no cost! Sorry this was a long 1st post lol.

4 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Fair enough but if you’re paying you should be getting exclusive information and he’s seemingly out on an island by himself right now. 

So you're telling me he should be providing exclusive information....that nobody else is providing....and currently he is "on an island by himself"? I'm trying to connect the dots here. 

Archived