Romeo Langford

13 minutes ago, goonaha said:

So you're telling me he should be providing exclusive information....that nobody else is providing....and currently he is "on an island by himself"? I'm trying to connect the dots here. 

I’m saying you’re paying for information that isn’t particularly exclusive or unique. What has he provided that adds anything of value?  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

2 things:

1) The reason they banned you was because you took info that wasn't being posted on the board but through DM and brought it here. However, someone did post it on the board so technically you didn't do anything wrong in my opinion and shouldn't have been banned.

2) Outside of a few people on that board it is actually excellent as well. Personally I just don't think a lot of people appreciated your pessimistic outlook on things.

I've been reading both boards and participate over there frequently. What I've learned is that both are awesome and I enjoy browsing some intelligent fan boards. I do not understand the rivalry between the 2 sites. I see many duplicate posters and great info is fed from both sites to the other. Rather than having a pissing match on who is better or who has more/reliable "insiders" I think everyone should appreciate how awesome it is that we have 2 very knowledgeable boards that we can go to in order to feed our Hoosier appetite and at no cost! Sorry this was a long 1st post lol.

Welcome aboard. I'm going to be honest though...this is the first I've heard of a "rivalry" between the two forums.  You might find one or two people here that feel that way, but I'm here a lot and I've never once heard talk of a rivalry. The only mention I recall is DBM speaking of getting banned on another forum. The only IU forum I've seen mentioned here in a real negative sense is the old 247 forum and that's solely because the owners there dumped the moderators with no explanation. Personally, I save my rivalry for GBI.

43 minutes ago, goonaha said:

So you're telling me he should be providing exclusive information....that nobody else is providing....and currently he is "on an island by himself"? I'm trying to connect the dots here. 

Seriously...why would a person pay if the provider wasn't offering anything new or exclusive?  Other than a story about some Kansas confidence (which looks misplaced), what's he bringing  for the monthly fee?  The only island I see Rabby on by himself is the island of indecision.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Welcome aboard. I'm going to be honest though...this is the first I've heard of a "rivalry" between the two forums.  You might find one or two people here that feel that way, but I'm here a lot and I've never once heard talk of a rivalry. The only mention I recall is DBM speaking of getting banned on another forum. The only IU forum I've seen mentioned here in a real negative sense is the old 247 forum and that's solely because the owners there dumped the moderators with no explanation. Personally, I save my rivalry for GBI.

I've seen some snarky comments mostly ots honestly and mostly from 1 or 2 guys. From the way they act I kind of surmised that there was some bad blood somewhere along the line. Anyhow my larger point is how great it is to have these forums especially after seeing some of these other school's boards.....woof

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

First I have heard of a "rivalry" myself as well. You started out with us, literally days after we started up, HSN 3.0.   I can't count the times, and I am sure you, being one of our more frequent visitors, by your own admission,  can attest to the fact, that I have constantly referred to how much I enjoy having so many IU fan bases. That I welcome them all, and feel they all have their own place and niche.  And that is just one thing that sets IU fans apart from other schools. Just take a look at Kansas for example. SInce it is currently on the minds of so many IU fans, because of Romeo Langford.  They used to have two very well established and thriving fan boards.... "The Shiver" and "The Phog".  Today they are mere images of what they were once in their glory days.  Neither site, to the best of my knowledge has a Publisher. Though our old friend, Pat Tholey , who helps run things for 247, and was very helpful when we merged HSN 1.0 with 247, posted over the weekend that 247 has hired a Publisher for the remaining Kansas site, after the merger. But we saw how that worked out on our old Scout platform with Hutchens and Albers.  They both attempted to build the site back up after John Decker abandoned Hoosier Nation, by placing information behind pay walls. In fact that was the reason Decker bailed on the site. Before he left, I would get P.M. from him asking me to put my stuff on the premium boards, cause he was getting pressure from Scout, in terms of not generating enough revenue for them, and hence he was not making enough money to live on.  Both Kansas sites are due to merge soon, if they have not done so already.  And prior to the merger, members/posters have been running amuck over there.  Checking both of them the past couple weeks, a major complaint is not having any proprietary information being posted.   That's not the case over at Peegs.  I just think that in the most recent case of Rabjohn's, who the subject was brought up here earlier in this thread, by one of our members....that he should be doing a better job.   Or quit posting information that can be had for free on many social media sites... behind a paywall.  Personally feel, and I am not alone, and our recent partner TDH, who is doing a fantastic job, bringing material to HSN for free, also believes along with me, the paywall model is dying. Reference back to the two Kansas sites.  There are other ways to generate revenue, without hiding information behind a paywall.

And that I feel, Hoosier Sports Nation.... as young and small as we are, has already carved out our own special niche. We are growing by the day.  And I feel what we are doing is the wave of the future.... especially considering all the different types of social media sources out there today. And we do this free of charge.  What dumbfounds me is when something that is being posted all around the IU sphere, and is common knowledge to all IU fans.... or can be readily found for free.... is posted behind a paywall on some of the most established IU fan sites out there. 

Thanks for being an active member  !

38 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

This thread has devolved into side bars at least 30 times since its inception.....it would be nice to just see **crickets** until 7...

I was gonna say, myself, hoosier10, and a couple others got dinged pretty well for our little pissing match yesterday. This thing about Rabby and the difference between the IU fan boards is no more applicable to Langford’s recruitment.

6 hours ago, rcs29 said:

2 things:

1) The reason they banned you was because you took info that wasn't being posted on the board but through DM and brought it here. However, someone did post it on the board so technically you didn't do anything wrong in my opinion and shouldn't have been banned.

2) Outside of a few people on that board it is actually excellent as well. Personally I just don't think a lot of people appreciated your pessimistic outlook on things.

I've been reading both boards and participate over there frequently. What I've learned is that both are awesome and I enjoy browsing some intelligent fan boards. I do not understand the rivalry between the 2 sites. I see many duplicate posters and great info is fed from both sites to the other. Rather than having a pissing match on who is better or who has more/reliable "insiders" I think everyone should appreciate how awesome it is that we have 2 very knowledgeable boards that we can go to in order to feed our Hoosier appetite and at no cost! Sorry this was a long 1st post lol.

Solid post. Don't understand the necessity for pot shots by ppl about other's boards. 

Glad this day has finally arrived. Archie he said he knew where New Albany was when he arrived and barring any last minute changes we should be really, really impressed to close the gap in less than a year on a top 5 recruit and biggest commit since Gordon in my opinion.

Selfishly...will be nice to dive into the Brooks, TJD, Watford, Hurt and others of the world for a change. There's just no way I should know the name of Romeo's ex-girlfriend. Ever. 

Not gonna lie, for some reason I have a feeling it's Kansas. Taking into consideration his comments about wanting to win and then his comments about being in the NBA after next season, just seems like it could go that direction. I really hope I'm wrong, but he would have a better chance at more winning at Kansas. Now if he came to IU and stayed for two years, then I think they could absolutely be a force/contender on the national stage his second season more so than this upcoming season.

Again, I really hope I'm wrong, but at this point, who really knows what he's going to decide. Fingers crossed for the Hoosiers!

1 minute ago, T-Free20 said:

Not gonna lie, for some reason I have a feeling it's Kansas. Taking into consideration his comments about wanting to win and then his comments about being in the NBA after next season, just seems like it could go that direction. I really hope I'm wrong, but he would have a better chance at more winning at Kansas. Now if he came to IU and stayed for two years, then I think they could absolutely be a force/contender on the national stage his second season more so than this upcoming season.

Again, I really hope I'm wrong, but at this point, who really knows what he's going to decide. Fingers crossed for the Hoosiers!

I don’t disagree with your sentiment...but, I think IU is pretty well positioned to make significant noise as early as next year...especially with Romeo in the fold.

3 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

I have always thought RL seemed like your KU prototypical guard. We shall see. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

There is a rivalry between the boards.  GoColts posts over there I believe and likes to bash Ken now and then among others.  Says no one here knows anything essentially and that we just blow smoke out of our ass.

The rivalry between the two boards is a lot like the Illinois/IU rivalry in that it is almost entirely one sided. However, I find your comments rather interesting since your posts over there made it seem like you were a fairly willing participant in it until you were banned(wrongly in my opinion). It is understandable how that would change your opinion of the other board but it isn't a reason to try to stir up a rivalry on this end, IMO. 

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

There is a rivalry between the boards.  GoColts posts over there I believe and likes to bash Ken now and then among others.  Says no one here knows anything essentially and that we just blow smoke out of our ass.

Time to shut this place down since we don't know anything. Too bad, I was just starting to get comfortable here. :S

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Seriously...why would a person pay if the provider wasn't offering anything new or exclusive?  Other than a story about some Kansas confidence (which looks misplaced), what's he bringing  for the monthly fee?  The only island I see Rabby on by himself is the island of indecision.

I'm not hear to bash anyone over something they make a living off of but I've felt the same way about ITH. Not enough exclusive stuff provided to pay the money unless you really judt like the people on that site. Otherwise everything thing on there pretty well comes out on Twitter. Just my honest opinion. 

18 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

I could totally see him going Kansas as well, he really fits their typical big time 2-guard recruit. 

With that said, among others, a reason I think it might not be Kansas is that Langford seems to like that home/family atmosphere. Clearly we can see how much he values New Albany and the people there, and I just think the fact that he hasn’t been back to Kansas since his official visit, and not sure he was there too many times before that visit, makes me wonder about Kansas. He’s been to Vanderbilt a few times, and Bloomington numerous times, and I think those relationships you begin building are important to Langford. 

Just now, CoachSS said:

😀

As has been said, it's a great time to be an Indiana fan. 

I believe @CoachSS has referenced this  saying multiple times in the past month or so, I'm on board with him, @milehiiu and others who have some insight on Romeo and his recruitment.   Until I hear/see otherwise then I will begin to worry but as of right now, I am proud to be a Cream and Crimson fan.  

Archived