Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, zerawkid said:

Yeah, but Dorothy’s home was Kansas. He clicks those ruby reds together and maybe they take him to Kansas.

I’m totally with you, bro, it’s asinine that I’m reading into his outfit, but, at this point, it’s kinda all any of us have left, barring a leak or any new, legitimate news. 

Its a byproduct of sitting around waiting. And, hearing some drum beats coming from Lawrence in recent days. Just hoping they have no legitimacy.

Somebody talk me down.

Get down 

I got a fever... Only cure is the awakening of the sleeping giant who's hibernation is almost complete.Archie Millers defensive principals and inside out approach to our state will be successful. His staff also makes a huge difference in so many ways. The defensive development he offers prospects is appealing to those who aspire to become NBA players .. Today is the start of a huge recruiting summer.. Lets just say I've heard things from a recruits brother who I play pickup games with.. We should all be ready for this 19 class to start popping very soon.  GO BIG RED!!! 

On 8/9/2017 at 2:56 PM, 5fouls said:

Any article that automatically assumes Romeo is a one and done is poorly researched. IU is very much in contention and has just a good chance as anyone.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:06 PM, 5fouls said:

Ear to the ground. Will not teveal sources. IU had zero shot with Crean. Archie is the type of coach that has appeal in this situation. Just has to make up ground. We have a chance but no guarantee. But its a much better chance than before.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:37 AM, 68Hoosier said:

I think that IU has a real shot with Romeo.   I am hearing some similar things from the area.  No shot with Crean, but now that Archie is on board there is a lot more interest from him and his family. 

On 8/19/2017 at 3:57 PM, FKIM01 said:

I've thought for awhile that Romeo would not go to Kensucky...just a hunch. I think in the end, Kansas will be the biggest obstacle. I think the Hooker U scandal will take it's toll despite what Romeo has been saying.

On 8/20/2017 at 7:27 PM, Parakeet Jones said:

I'm friends with a varsity coach I'm state who has some info (it's not the NA coach so).  From what he has passed not me it's between IU, UL, and Kansas.  He thinks it will end up being Kansas.  

On 8/28/2017 at 9:18 AM, 68Hoosier said:

I work in New Albany and was at a fight party this weekend to watch the big fight.  During the evening I was talking to a guy that was a neighbor of Romeo (UK fan).  He said that he talks to him and his dad quite a bit.  He confirmed that Romeo and Cal did not mesh well on the trip.  Cal told him that he could get him to the NBA in one season and that if he didn't want to be a one and done he did not need him.  Romeo's parents didn't care for that approach.  He also said that Cal told them he had regressed over the summer.  He believes that it is down to IU and UL, with IU in the lead because Romeo is loyal to the state.  He wants to be Mr. Basketball and play for his home school.  He also said that IU had 0 chance at him when Crean was there.  Said that Crean was not really recruiting him very hard. 

Anyway take it for what it's worth.  Just thought I would add to the topic! 

Just for fun I went back to page 1 and cherry picked a few of the best (IMO) posts...

My only qualms in what should be a no-brainer for the boy stem from the fact that the Langfords have continued to consider a known and egregious mercenary program (and reportedly highly considered another before it blew up).  People respond to incentives, with the greatest response being to short-term ones, and Romeo would hardly be the first blue-chipper to, at the last minute, find himself unable to refuse the cash proffered by Dollar Bill and his intermediaries.  I hope that the Langfords realize that even from a purely monetary standpoint, in the long term choosing IU is likely considerably more lucrative.  The problem is that the monetary benefits of choosing IU over Kansas would accrue over a lifetime, and people tend to over-discount long-term benefits, both due to their inability to postpone gratification and due to long-term benefits' greater uncertainty.  So it will be very interesting what he decides.

6 minutes ago, bryan200088 said:

Evan Daniels saying we should be excited. Anyone hearing of anymore potential big news besides Romeo?

Saw also Romeo retweet Evan Daniels saying Romeo announcing tonight and what Evan's CB pick was. Wasn't a story or anything, just a link to all his CB predictions.

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Saw also Romeo retweet Evan Daniels saying Romeo announcing tonight and what Evan's CB pick was.

Here is a quote from Daniels from the 247 board 

As we come down the stretch of Romeo Langford's recruitment, I feel more confident than ever about my Crystal Ball pick of Indiana. 

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a GREAT day for Hoosier fans.”

45 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Saw Bryce Drew at the EYBL yesterday. Was going to ask him if Romeo told him he's not going to Vandy yet, but he was in the NCAA coaches only section every time I saw him.

Page 294. Come on guys let's get 300!

NCAA rules prohibit coaches from talking about a recruit to the public, before a commitment. 

Archived