Romeo Langford

Not seeing the logic in the above posts basically calling Colin worthless in terms of on-court contributions...did he have a down year this year? Yes. Could it have been impacted by his injuries? Seems like a probable scenario. 

Just because he underachieved this year, doesn't mean you can discredit his role as an important glue guy in other years. IowaHoosierFan...I know Colin's season this go around fit nicely with your narrative that Colin has always been a complete non-factor, but that doesn't change the fact he did impact the court in prior seasons in a positive way.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No... I didn't take a pot shot at you, I asked you a question. If you took it that way, sorry I guess. But, it was a legitimate question because if you had coached or currently coach, then you would understand CH value and we wouldn't be having this discussion. It wasn't a shot at you at all. 

Well fair enough. My apologies. No I haven’t coached but I played AAU under a decent coach that coached a few D1 players on our team so I can understand the ‘little things’ and the ‘he wins games’ comments. I get that. I just didn’t think he was good enough. Just my opinion. We typically all have a boo boy on our teams and he was mine. 🤷🏼‍♂

This all started because I really liked him at the 4/5 and not the 3/4 lol.

36 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’m an eye test guy as well. I try to factor everything. That year that bbq keeps talking about had 6 nba quality players. To act like Collin Hartman played any significant part of that title team is just silly. What did that eye test tell you when he was constantly beaten off the dribble and always in foul trouble? If Collin Hartman was black kid for Arizona and not a good looking clean cut kid from Indiana then he wouldn’t be adored the way he is.

I just don't understand how you can't see Hartman played a key role in the team.  You really need to look deeper than just stats when looing at a team and who played key roles in winning.

3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Well fair enough. My apologies. No I haven’t coached but I played AAU under a decent coach that coached a few D1 players on our team so I can understand the ‘little things’ and the ‘he wins games’ comments. I get that. I just didn’t think he was good enough. Just my opinion. We typically all have a boo boy on our teams and he was mine. 🤷🏼‍♂

This all started because I really liked him at the 4/5 and not the 3/4 lol.

Alright. You've said your last part in regards to me. I want respond anymore to this. I have played my part in derailing this topic. 

5 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Not seeing the logic in the above posts basically calling Colin worthless in terms of on-court contributions...did he have a down year this year? Yes. Could it have been impacted by his injuries? Seems like a probable scenario. 

Just because he underachieved this year, doesn't mean you can discredit his role as an important glue guy in other years. IowaHoosierFan...I know Colin's season this go around fit nicely with your narrative that Colin has always been a complete non-factor, but that doesn't change the fact he did impact the court in prior seasons in a positive way.

If it came off like I was calling CH worthless that’s not what I meant. I understand you need role players but I want my role players to at least be elite in some specific thing. Can he rebound exceptionally well liken mcSwain? Could he bang home threes like max b and Collin when he played the 4/5? Can he lock down the D like Roberson on the Thunder and hopefully McRoberts can? For me Collin was just pretty good at everything. That’s not terrible at all. I just want our players to excell at their defined role.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I still don't know what number Romeo will wear. I am thinking 23 because he is a big LeBron fan. 

Heard he use to wear 22 then changed to 1 because somebody already had that number.  I know Moore has 22 but he could change it and Romeo would wear 22

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Heard he use to wear 22 then changed to 1 because somebody already had that number.  I know Moore has 22 but he could change it and Romeo would wear 22

He has always worn 22. I just don't think anyone on the team will change their numbers. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

22 was Bailey, right? 

Its always been my favorite. 

23 is good. So is 40.

28 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think it'd be cool if he wore #4. Fans would love it if he and Oladipo repped the same number. 

That's my one negative with him...Romeo...emulate Vic!  A true role model and a rising star in the NBA!  Don't emulate crybaby, taking-my-skills-to-south-beach LeBron...ughh...

43 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

If it came off like I was calling CH worthless that’s not what I meant. I understand you need role players but I want my role players to at least be elite in some specific thing. Can he rebound exceptionally well liken mcSwain? Could he bang home threes like max b and Collin when he played the 4/5? Can he lock down the D like Roberson on the Thunder and hopefully McRoberts can? For me Collin was just pretty good at everything. That’s not terrible at all. I just want our players to excell at their defined role.

I generally agree with BTown and IU Scott on this one, and I think you've been a little over-the-top in your Hartman criticism. He did provide value and play a key role in both 14-15 and 15-16. It wasn't his fault in 15-16 he had to play center much of the year. But with that said, I agree with you on the role player have a specialty thing, and I think your message may have been better received if you had led with that.  I agree that you generally want to have your role players have a specific skill that they're excellent at and that forces the opposing coach to do some game-planning around it. 

Ziesloft is a great example. The guy played hard, tried his best on D, didn't really turn it over, was a leader, etc., which is all great stuff, but the kid could also flat out shoot and opposing coaches would have to spend time prepping their guys for when Zeisloft came in. Same thing with Beilfeldt, especially being able to shoot so well from 5, a coach might even need to alter his defensive scheme for that. Hartman didn't really have anything he was great at, he was just solid across the board. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I generally agree with BTown and IU Scott on this one, and I think you've been a little over-the-top in your Hartman criticism. He did provide value and play a key role in both 14-15 and 15-16. It wasn't his fault in 15-16 he had to play center much of the year. But with that said, I agree with you on the role player have a specialty thing, and I think your message may have been better received if you had led with that.  I agree that you generally want to have your role players have a specific skill that they're excellent at and that forces the opposing coach to do some game-planning around it. 

Ziesloft is a great example. The guy played hard, tried his best on D, didn't really turn it over, was a leader, etc., which is all great stuff, but the kid could also flat out shoot and opposing coaches would have to spend time prepping their guys for when Zeisloft came in. Same thing with Beilfeldt, especially being able to shoot so well from 5, a coach might even need to alter his defensive scheme for that. Hartman didn't really have anything he was great at, he was just solid across the board. 

Appreciate the post BG. I got myself into this mess last night and didn’t do a great job at presenting my thoughts clearly and I appreciate your efforts at reading between the lines because this is what I was going for all along. It was over the top and I can see that now. I kind of knew my message wasn’t going to be received well so that’s on me for doing a little bit of exaggeration and digging the hole deeper.    

I was big fan of both Max + Nick. Shouting Nicky Z for three while tipping a few back with my boys during games when he was on fire was always a blast.

Cheers guys.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

wow. 6th man on a big ten championship team would suck lol 

this is honestly an unbelievable comment 

Did Collin win 6th man of the year on our B1G champion season team?

Really though @btownqb you are letting your opinion of him as a human and young man cloud your opinion of him as basketball player.  By all accounts, he is fine human being, great young man, and leader within the locker room. But was an average basketball player who never lived up to his potential.

Now don't get me wrong.  You need role players on your team.  All great team who win championships have those players.  But they are the Will Sheehey's of the game who have high motors and the ability to change the flow of the game.  Collin could occasionally do that, but was more likely to get hurt than help over a complete season.  I would take 2 Will's every day of the week on our team.  But i do not want a two 5-year players who are constantly hurt and under achieve. 

Here are Collins stats for his career.  And please don't use the he has the intangibles that cannot be measured which is your go to every single time someone says anything not of wholly praise of Collin Hartman.  I get it, there are thing some guys can do that never make a stat sheet.  But there are alot of stats that say he wasn't as impactful as everyone thinks he was.

image.png.e019e2e1d9f13f075c849c96357a5e8c.png

I would take two McBobs as long as we aren't arguing that they both need to start :)

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Appreciate the post BG. I got myself into this mess last night and didn’t do a great job at presenting my thoughts clearly and I appreciate your efforts at reading between the lines because this is what I was going for all along. It was over the top and I can see that now. I kind of knew my message wasn’t going to be received well so that’s on me for doing a little bit of exaggeration and digging the hole deeper.    

I was big fan of both Max + Nick. Shouting Nicky Z for three while tipping a few back with my boys during games when he was on fire was always a blast.

Cheers guys.

Classy and thoughtful reply!

Archived