Romeo Langford

53 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t know about his scoring average.  We will see how they mesh.  But, scoring average hasnever been the be-all and end-all for me.  There are always guys who put up big numbers on crappy teams.  The kid on Minnesota puts up numbers and I don’t think he’s very legit.  We have more balance on the roster so he may not get 18 ppg.  

But, regardless, we have an athletic and talented potential five if you put Morgan, Smith, Hunter, Langford, and Green out together.  Green is a critical guy.  That spot has been a weakness.  But, in his third year, does he make the jump we need?  I think most of us think he’s capable.  He just needs to be smart and concentrate every single possession.  

Agreed...point guard play will be essential. Being able to get to the basket and draw defenders...actually get Romeo some open looks. I love Hunter and what Smith can help bring. PG play has been so critical for us. When we haven't had it the teams just haven't been very good. Al and Green will need to have a big year.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/22/2018 at 8:43 AM, Hoosierhoopster said:

You never know with measurements but saw a recent picture of him and he just looked bigger to me. He has the makings of a genuine elite NBA 2-guard prospect, and 6-6 and 215 with his mobility and shooting is sounding nice 

Very NBAish... Michael Jordan played most of his career at 6'6" and 200lbs.

With the extra muscle, Romeo will be able to guard 1-4 in college providing a lot of versatility. There are not many guards that will be able to defend him down low. I hope he has been working on that aspect of his game. Let some 6'3" 180lb guard try to defend him. Very few teams will have 6'6" + 2s and 3s so if you put a bigger defender on Romeo, that will create a mismatch for Smith or any of our 3s not named McRoberts.

MSUs Joshua Langford (Jr) is listed at 6'5", 210. Michigans Charles Matthews, a Sr, is listed at 6'6", 205lbs. As a freshman, Romeo looks to match up well with the elite guards of the B1G.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:52 PM, RoadToZion said:

I think JuWan will score more than Romeo. He averaged 16-17 a game last year. I could see him pushing 20 honestly. Romeo will be GOOD, but I see him scoring around 16-17 a game. He may not need to score a ton for us to be successful. We have some weapons this year, finally....

Juwan was at 16.5 last year and is the highest scoring player under Archie Miller (Dayton and IU). With a 1-2 punch of Morgan and Langford, I agree that Romeo will probably be around 16-17 game, but think that's where Morgan ends up too.

1 hour ago, Tru123dt said:

That’s better analysis than most national stuff you read.  Still think they’re underestimating the team a bit, but I guess the guys are going to have to go out and prove it coming off a bad season.

16 hours ago, loviubb said:

I don't know how to post SI article at bottom of Tru's  Romeo and IU. Its by Molly GEARY. BIG 10 Power Ranking and Burning Questions. It has IU 4th 

Just cut and past the link - here you go:

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/08/23/big-ten-power-rankings-michigan-state-indiana-questions

• 4 weeks later...

Thought it was interesting that Archie said Romeo is “more of a scorer than a shooter.”  I’ll be really interested to see how he shoots it from deep this year.  

Archie also followed up that assessment by saying Romeo is a better in-game player than practice player, which is definitely what you want.

Archived