Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

On 1/4/2019 at 11:15 AM, 5fouls said:

I wish the NBA would pass a rule that states that anyone named after a Shakesperean character has to stay in college 4 years.  :coffee:

King Edward III is definitely staying 4 years.

Edited by Officer Obie

8 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Great to see good for him! Definitely outplayed Brazdeikis last night and should be the favorite for FOY.

2 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Great to see good for him! Definitely outplayed Brazdeikis last night and should be the favorite for FOY.

Pisses me off that a 20-year-old "freshman" is even eligible for consideration.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Pisses me off that a 20-year-old "freshman" is even eligible for consideration.

Will piss me off if Brazdeikis gets it just because his team's better. Especially when Romeo has to create all his shots on his own. 

Neither one is in the same stratosphere as Eastern though.

:coffee:

Edited by SIHoosier26

9 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Neither one is in the same stratosphere as Eastern though.

:coffee:

I't's a good thing he's not a freshman or he'd be stealing all of Romeo's press space.

As it is, I'm not looking forward to Eastern shutting down Romeo twice and becoming the blueprint for how to hang a zero on IU's star freshman.  Then again, that may be what keeps Romeo at IU for a 2nd year...:coffee:

On NBAdraft.net, Romeo has slid to 19th in their mock draft.  I do not see how there are 18 better things players than Romeo, but if this holds then I would think that he will have serious thoughts about coming back.  Plus he has always have said that education is very important to him and his family.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

13 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

On NBAdraft.net, Romeo has slid to 19th in their mock draft.  I do not see how there are 18 better things players than Romeo, but if this holds then I would think that he will have serious thoughts about coming back.  Plus he has always have said that education is very important to him and his family.

These days it doesn't matter what the mock drafts say. Underclassmen can now go straight to the horse's mouth.

22 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Most mock drafts have him in the top 10. He will 100% be a top 10 pick.

Conference-only numbers so far for Romeo Langford (5 games): 22 points, five rebounds and two assists per game. Shooting 54.7 percent from the field, 40 percent on 3s and 88.9 percent from the foul line. He's playing 34.6 minutes per game. #iubb

For anyone to complain about Romeo I think your expectations must have been way out of whack.  these stats to me show that he is carrying this team and that he needs help from more that Juwaun.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Conference-only numbers so far for Romeo Langford (5 games): 22 points, five rebounds and two assists per game. Shooting 54.7 percent from the field, 40 percent on 3s and 88.9 percent from the foul line. He's playing 34.6 minutes per game. #iubb

For anyone to complain about Romeo I think your expectations must have been way out of whack.  these stats to me show that he is carrying this team and that he needs help from more that Juwaun.

Gosh where would we be if we didn't have Romeo? 

Here’s what the subtweet says:

Among the 388 players in Division I to take at least 50 shots at the basket in half-court settings, Romeo Langford ranks No. 1 in finishing efficiency at 78%. (per Synergy) So no, I don’t think this is an exaggeration. There legit has not been a better finisher than Romeo.

Edited by StLHoosier

Looks like Romeo has finally adjusted his outside shot for all the all the summer strength training he did. :coffee:

He's a lottery pick and he's gone.  Thinking otherwise is just going to leave you disappointed in May.

• Like 2

Romeo looks great !! I hope coach tells him to take over earlier. Justin Smith’s dad might not like it but if Romeo and Morgan take over games, we should be in the win column.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Looks like Romeo has finally adjusted his outside shot for all the all the summer strength training he did. :coffee:

He's a lottery pick and he's gone.  Thinking otherwise is just going to leave you disappointed in May.

Sip that coffee sir ;)

I want Romeo to go after this season. He deserves to and there is no reason to chance getting hurt. We just need to go out and get some more tip kids to take his place. 

Romeo seems to be a very level headed kid and seems to be surrounded by people who are the same. Unless something completely out of character happens, he will be well guided towards his future.

I am still not 100% positive he is going after this year. He at least appears to be a kid that might enjoy being in school 

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Romeo seems to be a very level headed kid and seems to be surrounded by people who are the same. Unless something completely out of character happens, he will be well guided towards his future.

I am still not 100% positive he is going after this year. He at least appears to be a kid that might enjoy being in school 

I think that there is a small possibility that he would stay and it is small.