Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Only way he’s not top 10 is if there are a bunch of Euros that are unknown right now 

Saw a top5 on ESPN watching a game today and it doesn't help that the Dukies have 3 of them......

15 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Saw a top5 on ESPN watching a game today and it doesn't help that the Dukies have 3 of them......

Add at least one UK guy and it’s not out of the norm for Romeo to not be a top 10 pick. Again, depends on what is most important to the family 

Fellas, don't get all caught up in the "click bait".  Or just pull some random mock draft out of hat.  Romeo IS a lottery pick.  Anybody that thinks otherwise needs to send me what they are smoking.  Now whether he goes or not is up to him.  Now that is where it gets dicey.  He is a smart young man, maybe he looks at the ping pong balls and doesn't like the teams that have the best chance of getting him.  Or, conversely, a team might tell him that a trade has been worked out because we want you.  Who knows.  Lots of scenarios going on behind closed doors.  At the end of the day, it is Romeo's decision.

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

I’m going to go out on a limb and say there could be a correlation between Romeo and Keion. As in, maybe Keion prefers IU but is waiting to see what Romeo does. Keion benefits by waiting, and lets be honest, MSU is a good consolation prize. Count me as someone who is not convinced Romeo will leave. He is hungry to make IU a winner. He is hungry to represent his home state and home town. And his family is patient and would stand behind him if he decided to stay at IU and chase Hoosier immortality by going after #6. Not to satisfy his own ego, but to pay his fans back for their support. If he really does slip outside the top 10 in draft projections, he could decide to stay, like Cody did.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo featured on The Journey on BTN tonight.  Watch or record.  The young man is special.

Sort of on topic and off. After seeing the previews of this show as well as other interviews. I'm sure Romeo does love IU but he's gone and I'll reiterate what others have said....his stock is rising as he gets more and more comfortable with his game at this level. That's the one thing I'm really impressed with. He doesn't force or press. He takes what's given to him. Never thought I'd say this but sometimes I wish he would shoot or drive more. No one guarding him has speed and strength to stay with him. 

Sam Vecenie from the Athletic is a great guy and has an extremely enthusiastic basketball podcast (“Game Theory”).   He gets into high level minutiae about the sport.  Since it’s in podcast format, he will do a deep dive into evaluations without any time limit.  On of his frequent guests is Cole Zwicker. 

I was listening a couple of weeks ago and they liked Romeo but had some negative comments.  At that time, Romeo was struggling with his shot. They also seemed to agree that Romeo had trouble separating for himself.  

I have to say that I bet Sam takes that back. I think Romeo is brilliant at separating for himself.  I’m very curious if Romeo starts hitting the jumper consistently the rest of the way.

With his long arms and quickness, he has the ability to really defend.  He’s got a great frame and will get stronger.  He has an elite mindset.  And I strongly believe character matters.  This kid has it.  If he develops consistent shooting range (and I wouldn’t bet against that with a teenager) when all is said and done, there may be nobody in this class who becomes a better two way player.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have said many times since first seeing him in middle school.  This kid is different in a great way. I believe not only can he be an NBA all star I think he will be in the MVP discussion first a big portion of his career. Not saying he is the next Kobe but he could be

Maybe it's just the pro Romeo homer in me but I see a kid who is gaining confidence each and every game....just now starting to scratch the surface on what he now knows he can do in this conference. The shot will continue to fall and very few (if any) can guard him 1 on one when he drives. Only will get better once RP gets back health wise or if JS can knock down the open midrange shot. If those things happen wouldn't surprise if Romeo has a game in the not so distant future where he has a dozen assists in a game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe it's just the pro Romeo homer in me but I see a kid who is gaining confidence each and every game....just now starting to scratch the surface on what he now knows he can do in this conference. The shot will continue to fall and very few (if any) can guard him 1 on one when he drives. Only will get better once RP gets back health wise or if JS can knock down the open midrange shot. If those things happen wouldn't surprise if Romeo has a game in the not so distant future where he has a dozen assists in a game.

Agreed on Romeo. We could also be on the cusp of having four really good players in Romeo, Juwan, Rob and JS...probably in that order. We know we already have two stars, but if we can keep expanding our options that will do us wonders. Throw in Al, Devonte and DD that's a solid core 7. Maybe an eighth can emerge as a role player too...I think Mcrob can be that guy for us again at some point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have said many times since first seeing him in middle school.  This kid is different in a great way. I believe not only can he be an NBA all star I think he will be in the MVP discussion first a big portion of his career. Not saying he is the next Kobe but he could be

Character-wise, he's way better than Kobe right now.  I hope he stays that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Character-wise, he's way better than Kobe right now.  I hope he stays that way.

He needs to be more selfish as Kobe always was.  That's his only real fault IMO.  I want to see him look at Devonte and say "give me the damn ball".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He needs to be more selfish as Kobe always was.  That's his only real fault IMO.  I want to see him look at Devonte and say "give me the damn ball".

I don't mind him being more selfish on the court as long as he leaves the housekeepers alone when he stays at motels.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I was just looking at these over the weekend for something I did.

https://bigten.org/confstats.aspx/2018-19/mbb/confonly

What?!!!  Romeo Langford is statistically better than  POTY Carson Edwards?!!!

Still looking for Nojel's name anywhere in those rankings, but hey...he's gonna shut Romeo out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't mind him being more selfish on the court as long as he leaves the housekeepers alone when he stays at motels.

Not exactly a motel. But an exclusive 4 Star Mountain Resort in Edwards, Colorado. West of Vail. Overlooking the Vail Valley. Not as exclusive as Aspen.  Not that shabby, either.

However, I do get your point.

c620x376.jpg

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

What?!!!  Romeo Langford is statistically better than  POTY Carson Edwards?!!!

Still looking for Nojel's name anywhere in those rankings, but hey...he's gonna shut Romeo out!

Noshot Eastern put his name in the NBA draft process, didn't you hear?

• Haha 1