Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

They’re really starving for angry IU clicks. The article is 75% Tom Davis defending himself and taking jabs at Tom Crean for his own wrong doings. 

It’s tools like this that make me cheer the death of print media.  This guy grew up in Indiana and went to Butler, but he’s a big Duke fan.  Imagine that.

It's funny how as a member of the media he tweets a high school student that he should switch his commitment, then takes absolutely no blame for that being a ridiculous thing to do, yet blames everyone else for the ensuing backlash. It is an absolute no-no for actual, accredited reporters to send the tweet he sent to Hartman several years ago. It was completely amateurish. 

His writing kind of amazes me that he has a job. 

On 12/13/2017 at 5:40 PM, KoB2011 said:

Was the last time we loved the team the Vic/Cody year or Yogi's senior year?  You said both.

Is your point that IU has not loved two teams that missed the tournament and a team that was a double-digit seed?  Gee, how spoiled of us.  We loved and supported three teams that combined to win 28 games, but let's ignore that because it doesn't fit your spoiled fan agenda.  

Yes, we really only loved 2 of the last 5 years teams.  Like I said, pretty accurate.  I don't think we have been spoiled for a long time.  What's not true about that.  I guess I have an agenda now?  I don't take myself that serious nor do I think I'm that important.

Another point.  Half of the guys on this board brag about not caring one lick about a guy like Noah vonleh.  

Did we like verdell jones until his senior year?  Did we every really like jbjr?  Did we like Thomas Bryant last year or Troy Half the time?  No no and no.  Bracey wright.    I'm confused.  Are we spoiled or not spoiled.  And we can point to our love affair with Vic and aj moye to the opposite extreme.  

In case anyone wasn't sure on the Collin Hartman tweets referenced here is a blog that outlines it:

http://www.hoosierchronicles.com/2011/03/ethics-in-journalism-and-ncaa.html?m=1#comment-form

It looks like the News Sentinel is trying to play good cop/bad cop with IU fans. I didn't read the Part IV article because the third one was so bad. The Duke fan either 1) wrote an article entirely to generate traffic or 2) doesn't understand how athletes think. No competitive player would even think about picking a school because of low fan expectations. As far as being a superstar, going to IU he would be THE story. At Vandy the story is the 3 highly ranked recruits. 

All three schools he's considering have something to offer. Completely discounting one is just stupid. 

On 12/14/2017 at 3:28 PM, cohete15 said:

They’re really starving for angry IU clicks. The article is 75% Tom Davis defending himself and taking jabs at Tom Crean for his own wrong doings. 

I can't believe that was a professional article, and I can't believe I read the drivel in its entirety. It reads like something I would have thrown together as a drunk college student for a class I didn't care about.  

On 12/13/2017 at 2:53 PM, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't read the article but that quote right there is pretty doggone accurate. Last team the Hoosier Nation loved was with Vic hulls Watford Zeller.  Hoosier Nation didn't get behind Yogi until his senior year when he pulled the team around and last year we were frustrated with blackmon and Bryant the whole entire time to go along with Crean.  

Sorry dude, I LOVE every IU team! I can and will be critical of them when it’s appropriate. It’s my(our) love of this program and players who come through that I(we) can be critical of the team!

1 hour ago, Hoosrnight said:

Sorry dude, I LOVE every IU team! I can and will be critical of them when it’s appropriate. It’s my(our) love of this program and players who come through that I(we) can be critical of the team!

Man of my own heart.  Some of the IU teams I enjoyed most were the first couple of years of the Crean era.  Limited talent wise.... but played with great heart. 

11 hours ago, Hoosrnight said:

I agree with everything you're saying.  I can also admit that these boards have discussed who we would like to transfer out or wouldn't mind if they went ahead and went pro.  Team, all love.  Some individuals, I can admit I didn't love every one of them.  If that makes me a spoiled fan oh well, not that big a deal to me.  

I work with a father of one of the top players in the senior class here in Indiana. He said to me to day that there is no way Romeo will go to IU.  He also said his son was recruited by IU but the process did not go well a was told his scholarship was still there. After two commits they never heard form Miller again.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I work with a father of one of the top players in the senior class here in Indiana. He said to me to day that there is no way Romeo will go to IU.  He also said his son was recruited by IU but the process did not go well a was told his scholarship was still there. After two commits they never heard form Miller again.

Did he give any reasoning on Romeo?

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I am to the point now, where I could care less where Romeo ends up.  We will survive.

I agree. I gave up on him going to IU a few weeks ago. It's frustrating to see these guys leave the state and I'm just curious why. 

IU, PU, ND, and Butler should all be concerned about it. 

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If we keep on missing out on recruits like Romeo, we’re not going to be doing much more than just surviving.

Listen, many of the guys clamor too much about a recruit.  Archie already has locked up some Indiana boys and going after more.  There are only so many schollys.  If Romeo climbs aboard that is great.  If he doesn't, I want lose any sleep over it.

I am with Rico 100%.  

I like the class we have and think they will come together in time.  If Archie builds up class, position, and skill balance, once we reach equilibrium, we should be fine.  It won't happen tomorrow.  I also think we will get some occasional big fish.  I am just not going to obsess over any individual kid.  Good luck to Romeo.  I would love to see him at IU but vaya con dios.  Either way, both IU and Romeo will be fine. 

Archived