Romeo Langford

10 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Poster named tonto is sticking with the rumor that Self did "meet" with Romeo yesterday, and there will be news this weekend that won't be bad for KU.

https://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455/Contents/Romeo-Langford-116823649?Page=13

Not be bad for KU in the sense that Romeo wont tell the NCAA about all of the violations KU attempted during the recruitment.  Romeo just wants to play close to home and does not need or want the incentives to go elsewhere.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Poster named tonto is sticking with the rumor that Self did "meet" with Romeo yesterday, and there will be news this weekend that won't be bad for KU.

https://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455/Contents/Romeo-Langford-116823649?Page=13

Well Tonto probably still lives in his moms basement and pays to use the WiFi. Nothing to see here! It would’ve been much more widely publicized

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Looks like the other posters are really taking him to task about a "meeting", especially when one poster said Mr. Langford says no coaches met with Romeo last week. And it looks like Tonto is playing semantics.....

When this is over, he may be the Lone Ranger......

Most of the posters taking him to task look to be IU fans.

1 minute ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Also, just passing along what KU posters are saying, not saying I believe them, but on the KU Scout board there's a poster saying that when Romeo and Self did "meet" on Wednesday that he verbaled to KU.

Damn that would make us the smokescreen but I doubt it.

39 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Also, just passing along what KU posters are saying, not saying I believe them, but on the KU Scout board there's a poster saying that when Romeo and Self did "meet" on Wednesday that he verbaled to KU.

But there are some that said no meeting took place? I think they are messin' with Hoosier fans......

24 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

If they met and some random poster knew about it. I would expect some media source to spill that news at some point getting that scoop would be huge. 

Hence the "there will be news about the visit this weekend" talk.  If nothing else it's keeping things interesting, and will add several more pages of discussion.  Guess we'll find out for sure, if nothing new comes out by Monday, then it was definitely bunk.

1 hour ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

If there's anything this recruitment has proven, it's that 2 out of the 3 schools in this fight are getting completely inaccurate intel about Romeo. I have yet to see a forum that at some point wasn't convinced that their source knew for a fact that he was "a lock". I still believe that he comes to IU. The ways reporters are putting it, it seems like Romeo is announcing in the NA gym as a way to show appreciation for his supporters. He is well aware of what specific school these supporters are rooting for. He's a smart kid. If he wasn't IU bound, I'd doubt he'd want his announcement to be remembered as one filled with complete shock & silence from the crowd. 

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If Romeo had verballed wouldn't you think some of the recruiting experts would have heard about it and reported.  Unless you see these experts start changing their predictions I wouldn't believe a word of this.

Didn't say I believe it, just passing along what the other schools vying for Romeo are hearing.  

I really shouldn't have strayed over to the Kansas board, should have stuck to the IU boards, those KU fans are so arrogant, I mean the Vandy fans are sort of like that with their current recruiting class, but Vanderbilt has never won anything so it's kind of funny how they act, but KU has won and is a great program so their arrogance is at a whole different level.  However they aren't all bad, there are a few who have been respectful to IU and Archie.

The feeling I have gotten lately is the Vanderbilt insiders aren't as confident to land Romeo now, and Kansas insiders seem split, some feel he's an IU lean, others are certain he's heading to Kansas, and of course many IU insiders like IU's chances.  

Archived