Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am hoping everyone that is predicting Romeo to IU is basing it on solid info.  I hope it is not just the fact that he is announcing it to the public in NA in front of a pro IU crowd.  I remember Zion Williamson was predicted to go to Clemson and announced for duke instead of his home state school.  Saying that I do think Romeo will be wearing the Cream and Crimson.

Agreed I’m kinda nervous now

4 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

It was an inside-out offense last season because our guard play was atrocious.  Of course with a great player like Juwan we’re going to get the ball inside, but I could definitely see Romeo averaging 20+ ppg.  Hell, RoJo averaged 14, and Romeo is twice the scorer he was.

As a point of reference Gordon averaged 20.9 and DJ White 17.4 points per game with White winning the B1G MVP. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am hoping everyone that is predicting Romeo to IU is basing it on solid info.  I hope it is not just the fact that he is announcing it to the public in NA in front of a pro IU crowd.  I remember Zion Williamson was predicted to go to Clemson and announced for duke instead of his home state school.  Saying that I do think Romeo will be wearing the Cream and Crimson.

Indiana basketball is a completely different animal than Clemson obviously, and he turned down the local school to go the blue blood only one state away to be coached by a living legend.  Romeo would be turning down the local blue blood in front of thousands of their fans to go to an out of state second rate basketball school?  Lol.  That’s ludicrous, but as an IU fan I understand holding back on being too optimistic.  Myself, I feel good about this one.

44 minutes ago, slojoe said:

As a point of reference Gordon averaged 20.9 and DJ White 17.4 points per game with White winning the B1G MVP. 

I looked up Gordon’s stats earlier today, but not White’s.  I could definitely see Romeo and Juwan putting up similar stats next season.

3 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Ya'll are very funny, some people forget how talented RJ and Blackmon Jr. were....   Unfortunately, RJ shot didn't fall this season because it was his first focusing on both ends of the floor.  Robert Johnson is a better shooter than Romeo Langford, sorry fellas.

Robert Johnson was an average, streaky at best shooter over the last season and a half that he played. It wasn't just last year. He basically shot 37% from three over the last two seasons, which is ok, but not great. Langford is head and shoulders better than RoJo and JBJ, it's not really close. The only area where we could see a drop off from RoJo to Langford is defensively. RoJo was fantastic defensively last season. 

4 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Ya'll are very funny, some people forget how talented RJ and Blackmon Jr. were....   Unfortunately, RJ shot didn't fall this season because it was his first focusing on both ends of the floor.  Robert Johnson is a better shooter than Romeo Langford, sorry fellas.

LOL, having to go back and find one of his high school highlight tapes sums it all up pretty well.  Nice troll job.

4 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Romeo Langford will shoot better than Johnson.

Langford's percentages do not tell the whole story. I thought the same thing until I watched him play in person a few times. Langford takes ridiculous shots, driving his percentage down. When he takes good shots, he's money. And he has a beautiful stroke.

He shot wherever he wanted to in high school. He won't do that in college. He'll take good, open looks. And he's got the consistent stroke to make them.

11 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Umm.. No. RJ isn't in the same relm shooting wise as Romeo. Nor is their distance comparable. Comparable defensively when they were both 18. RJ is a good shooter, Romeo is an elite one. 

On 12/20/2017 at 4:24 PM, hoosierdaddy said:

Anyone defending our seniors not named Priller need to remove themselves.  The Crean Curse will be with us as long as we have players on our team who grew up dressing up for ball instead of getting the job done.  We got beat by a 5'11 Indiana raised 2 star.  Robert Johnson was a 5 star recruit on some services.  You think Roy Williams is upset about missing out on that?  ABSOLUTELY NOT.  Josh Newkirk?  I doubt even Stallings would take him now.  I'm 31 and played basketball in high school, I honestly believe I could be better served on the floor than our two senior guards.  These guys play the game like the kids I used to senselessly beat at the park but would get all the accolades in AAU.  Clown show.  So excited to get these wannabe thugs.  /endrant. 

On 12/21/2017 at 12:57 PM, hoosierdaddy said:

You old timers must not pay attention to these kids' social media accounts..  Won't be posting anything else on this powderpuff board.  While RoJo, Newkirk and McSwain are busy posting photos of themselves in-game and styling out in Bloomington among other places, IPFW players are in the gym grinding.  Difference in attitude.  Difference in work ethic.  Doesn't mean they aren't good people.  Elated for RoJo and Newkirk to graduate so this team can be rid of the poison these upper classmen are.

Update - to the 'where did this come from?' posters, if you didn't play ball I understand you may not get it.  But these kids do not respect the opportunity they have to play on live TV in front of hundreds of thousands, the University they represent, etc.  It's a complete shame.  These kids play with 0 passion for the game, it's almost a contest for who can make the flashiest bad pass of the game every minute.

From a “poison”, “0 passion,” “wannabe thug” to a better shooter than Romeo Langford in four months... Interesting...

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

From a “poison”, “0 passion,” “wannabe thug” to a better shooter than Romeo Langford in four months... Interesting...

What just incredibly awful, downright horrible posts. 31 year old that pretends to be a tough guy when talking about 22 year olds. Bet he wouldn't say a cross word to McSwain in person. 

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:
  On 12/20/2017 at 5:24 PM, hoosierdaddy said:

Anyone defending our seniors not named Priller need to remove themselves.  The Crean Curse will be with us as long as we have players on our team who grew up dressing up for ball instead of getting the job done.  We got beat by a 5'11 Indiana raised 2 star.  Robert Johnson was a 5 star recruit on some services.  You think Roy Williams is upset about missing out on that?  ABSOLUTELY NOT.  Josh Newkirk?  I doubt even Stallings would take him now.  I'm 31 and played basketball in high school, I honestly believe I could be better served on the floor than our two senior guards.  These guys play the game like the kids I used to senselessly beat at the park but would get all the accolades in AAU.  Clown show.  So excited to get these wannabe thugs.  /endrant. 

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not to mention since he played HS ball and is better than RoJo and Newkirk, he's likely a better shooter than Romeo too! Sounds bitter/jealous and wished he was good enough to play for IU. 

16 minutes ago, ephul said:

Romeo Langford will shoot better than Johnson.

Langford's percentages do not tell the whole story. I thought the same thing until I watched him play in person a few times. Langford takes ridiculous shots, driving his percentage down. When he takes good shots, he's money. And he has a beautiful stroke.

He shot wherever he wanted to in high school. He won't do that in college. He'll take good, open looks. And he's got the consistent stroke to make them.

Plus he was often double-teamed/heavily defended.  He'll enjoy the fact that IU has several other options that must also be honored.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Plus he was often double-teamed/heavily defended.  He'll enjoy the fact that IU has several other options that must also be honored.

This x100. Main reason why Durant went to GS. He takes less shots but better ones, shoots a better percentage, and scores only 1-2 points less than his career average. Romeo has been double and triple teamed for years now. The fact that he was still able to score so much, shows just how great he is.

Anyone on here that's not retired - I'd love to wager that Romeo won't be shooting over 38% from 3-point his Freshman season.

My wannabe thug was in regards to Josh Newkirk.  I don't expect you old heads to follow these goonies' Instagrams, but skipping class & grabbing ass was their motif.

If you can't say that Robert Johnson had a complete turnaround mid-season - I won't be partaking in a back & forth with you on an online forum.  It is cute you guys remember my posts though, must be because of all the truth within.  Stay tuned.

2 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Anyone on here that's not retired - I'd love to wager that Romeo won't be shooting over 38% from 3-point his Freshman season.

My wannabe thug was in regards to Josh Newkirk.  I don't expect you old heads to follow these goonies' Instagrams, but skipping class & grabbing ass was their motif.

If you can't say that Robert Johnson had a complete turnaround mid-season - I won't be partaking in a back & forth with you on an online forum.  It is cute you guys remember my posts though, must be because of all the truth within.  Stay tuned.

He did have an excellent conference season. That has nothing to do with Romeo. How many times have you seen Romeo play?

Archived