Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

HoosierDaddy has been a troll and he has brought nothing to the board besides trying to pick fights

Oh, I see. He quotes CauseThatsMyDJ so I thought his comment was in reference to him.

I was confused. Not an uncommon occurrence. ;-)

4 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Oh, I see. He quotes CauseThatsMyDJ so I thought his comment was in reference to him.

I was confused. Not an uncommon occurrence. ;-)

We should ban DJ too.  Poor grammar in his screen name.  :coffee:

And, he's no smarter than a banana  :nansplit:

6 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy1020 said:

I have no information on Romeo, or anyone else from a Shakespeare play, but I am in the crowd that open to the public is very positive. 

I am am only posting because now seemed like a good time to point out that there are numbers at the end of my screen name :D:coffee:

What do those numbers mean? :)

53 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I wonder if Darius regrets not passing Romeo the ball at the end of the McDonald's game.  

I think Romeo and his dad came to the conclusion that Darius is an immature child and would be toxic to Romeo's year or two in college.  Romeo and Darius seem to have opposite personalities, and I always thought the relationship seemed a little forced.  I think this "friendship" was overblown and was never that strong.

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I assume Davis put weight back on with the inability to work out much with the leg injury.  I actually like him heavier than i did when he slimmed down.  I can't wait to see him own the pain and play some good defense this season

He is exposed in every pick and pop or pick and roll. He just can't defend it. 

20 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

I think Romeo and his dad came to the conclusion that Darius is an immature child and would be toxic to Romeo's year or two in college.  Romeo and Darius seem to have opposite personalities, and I always thought the relationship seemed a little forced.  I think this "friendship" was overblown and was never that strong.

Think of any sports team or group you were in.  Just because you were on those teams/groups didn't mean you were friends with everyone.  RL and DG may or may not be friends, but what this is really about is recruiting "experts" trying to look smart, be an "insider", and draw conclusions where there are none to be had.

18 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

Their relationship, for the most part, could be based on Darius's need and may lack 'personal' touch that's necessary in any personal relationship. 

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Romeo and Grimes are the closest, if we're being honest. 

This recruitment isn't coming down to playing w/ his buds. It's whats best for his future as a person and player. 

Not disagreeing with what you are saying.  Just adding to it, based on numerous quotes from Romeo and Tim.  Coaches and coaching, and how those coaches interact with their players is a big part of the equation, as well.

5 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Romeo and Grimes are the closest, if we're being honest. 

This recruitment isn't coming down to playing w/ his buds. It's whats best for his future as a person and player. 

I agree with this statement 100%.  I believe Romeo and Grimes are the closest, with Romeo and RP right after.  I think playing with a good group of guys but also whats best for his future and Vandy is not that option

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

If we just had Romeo on this years team he's 6-7 win difference. ISU/Fort Wayne don't happen. Nor does Wiscy or Illinois. Add to that Home games with Duke, Sparty, Purdue, and Ohio St??

In terms of 38%. That's a good number. Hulls went 40, 41, 49, 44 during his 4 years. JB Jr went 38, 46, and 42 during his 3 years.If I were betting I'd probably stay away from that bet because it's a bit close to say yes or no either way. 

and Robert Johnson went .388, .447, .370, .373 in his four years, but I don't have his Big Ten %. Romeo shot 36, 31, and 38 his last 3 years in HS. Not a reasonable bet to make since it includes only Big Ten play and doesn't account for the fact that Romeo will be taking a lot more 3s than RJ did. 

5 minutes ago, cybergates said:

and Robert Johnson went .388, .447, .370, .373 in his four years, but I don't have his Big Ten %. Romeo shot 36, 31, and 38 his last 3 years in HS. Not a reasonable bet to make since it includes only Big Ten play and doesn't account for the fact that Romeo will be taking a lot more 3s than RJ did. 

Without diving into much more my guess is RoJo shot his best his first 2 years because of Yogi. I'll have to think on it longer but I think I would probably take 38% from Romeo in year 1...if he says yes to us that is. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

or not coming to IU.. 

Exactly. If Romeo does indeed choose IU, DG would be playing with 1 5* either way and Romeo>Shittu, IU roster>Vandy roster, Archie>Drew, and IU basketball program>Vandy basketball program. Really the only things better about Vandy for DG are it is hometown (since they moved there in 8th grade) school and he can be the best player on the team without competition.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Without diving into much more my guess is RoJo shot his best his first 2 years because of Yogi. I'll have to think on it longer but I think I would probably take 38% from Romeo in year 1...if he says yes to us that is. 

I would take 38% from 3. Not a math guy but that's equal to 57% From 2 correct 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And less attempts. 134, 114, 189, and 177. 

Archived