Jump to content

Romeo Langford


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m not nervous.  I think he comes to IU and I want him too but I’m not going to worry about 1 player even though he’s that good.  

Yeah, same.  I'd love to have Romeo, and the pro-IU vibe is encouraging, but if he chooses KU or Vandy I'm not going to fret about it, Archie gave it a good shot.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

The only guy not nervous is Pervis Ellison. He knows Louisville has not shot.  

I played high school ball when Pervis Ellison played for Louisville, and one day after practice we were talking about "Never Nervous" Pervis, and our coach told us that if you're not nervous before a game, then you don't care about winning...come to think of it, it kind of makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Only thing that makes me doubt is he has said a couple times that his fans will support his decision even if he dont pick IU.  I dont think they will though. 

I’m kinda with you here. For some reason my gut says Kansas even though I think that would be a mistake. The whole “Garland is the Alpha” crap was total BS. In interviews Romeo only mentioned Grimes. He’s never said a word about Phinisee so I’m not sure why anyone would say they’re “close”? I’m ready for this to be over but I’m not as confident as others seem to be. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Only thing that makes me doubt is he has said a couple times that his fans will support his decision even if he dont pick IU.  I dont think they will though. 

It is just too easy to read into what Mr. Langford says, especially since he is trying to give no tells out. Also we are looking for any little bit of reverse psychology, and it is easy to use that in his answer.

In my opinion, and under those conditions, I just believe he is saying he wants people to come who are there to support Romeo, his fans, and not necessarily going because you are a fan of a school. If I was a father, I would feel the same way. Basically saying if you go, please be there to support my son, not the decision, which I think is fair considering all the good will seemingly built up over the years between the Langfords, who seem very classy, and the New Albany area. That's my take on it. I believe it is IU, but I believe his father wants Romeo fans there, pure and simple who will support him regardless. There are only so many seats, and there are a lot of IU fans.

Edited by Iuprof
another thought to add
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My only cause for nervousness is just how many elite level players we've lost over this last 20 years/generation. In terms of whether I'll cheer for him if he chooses elsewhere? I'll add him to the list of Harris, Oden, Conley, Randolph, Wilkes, Guy, Lyles, Thomas, Sean May...and could care less how they do. Just the way I feel. 

I saw Lyles on the canal last summer in Indy. While I didn't say a thing because I'm supposed to be an adult (haha)....someone else more close to his age yelled something about making the wrong choice and why don't you spend the summer in Lexington. Hat tip to the kid who said something is the way I feel. 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My only cause for nervousness is just how many elite level players we've lost over this last 20 years/generation. In terms of whether I'll cheer for him if he chooses elsewhere? I'll add him to the list of Harris, Oden, Conley, Randolph, Wilkes, Guy, Lyles, Thomas, Sean May...and could care less how they do. Just the way I feel. 

I saw Lyles on the canal last summer in Indy. While I didn't say a thing because I'm supposed to be an adult (haha)....someone else more close to his age yelled something about making the wrong choice and why don't you spend the summer in Lexington. Hat tip to the kid who said something is the way I feel. 

I am kind of there with you, particularly on the ones who leave the state.  I will pull for a Hammond in his pro career before I will a Lyles.  At least Hammond stayed in state.  The guys who leave Indiana to go out of state to another school give me no reason to root for them.

Romeo goes to Kansas or Vanderbilt, I will not wish him any ill will, but I will not actively be rooting for him either.  I just will not care at that point.

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Only thing that makes me doubt is he has said a couple times that his fans will support his decision even if he dont pick IU.  I dont think they will though. 

Unless he's really, really stupid, he knows that if he doesn't choose IU, he will be discarded like yesteday's garbage by everyone in this state except a few people in his little town.  So I'm guessing he's saying that because he knows that his statement won't be tested by future events.  Then again, the average person seems to be capable of believing almost anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BoomBaby said:

Unless he's really, really stupid, he knows that if he doesn't choose IU, he will be discarded like yesteday's garbage by everyone in this state except a few people in his little town.  So I'm guessing he's saying that because he knows that his statement won't be tested by future events.  Then again, the average person seems to be capable of believing almost anything.

It’s possible he’s mature for his age and he doesn’t care about being “discarded like yesterday’s trash.” He may well know that his future prospects will go on according to his own performance and it won’t matter where it happens or if he leaves a few thousand Hoosier fans disappointed. 

That said, it won’t matter, as he is going to pop for us on Monday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

It’s possible he’s mature for his age and he doesn’t care about being “discarded like yesterday’s trash.” He may well know that his future prospects will go on according to his own performance and it won’t matter where it happens or if he leaves a few thousand Hoosier fans disappointed. 

That said, it won’t matter, as he is going to pop for us on Monday.

:nansplit::nansplit::nansplit:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Thoughts on Romeo, I would think that majority of Romeo fans would want him to go to IU and play for a local team. I can't see a lot fans making a trip to Kansas or Vandy to watch him play.

I'm from New Albany and an IU fan. I want him to choose IU, but I would definitely travel to Nashville to watch a game if he chose Vanderbilt. Kansas, not so much. A little bit more difficult to take a trip to Lawrence than to Nashville. Langford has done so much for our community, especially with kids, that I would support him no matter where he goes. I would definitely feel a little down and disappointed if he doesn't choose IU, but I wouldn't stop following his career because of it. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

I'm from New Albany and an IU fan. I want him to choose IU, but I would definitely travel to Nashville to watch a game if he chose Vanderbilt. Kansas, not so much. A little bit more difficult to take a trip to Lawrence than to Nashville. Langford has done so much for our community, especially with kids, that I would support him no matter where he goes. I would definitely feel a little down and disappointed if he doesn't choose IU, but I wouldn't stop following his career because of it. 

 Good for you. So glad to hear he has done a lot in the community, it's obvious the youth in NA and southern Indiana LOVE Romeo, heck the adults do. I think at the end of the day he won't be able to say no to all of us. Honestly the fans were the difference maker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...