Romeo Langford

5 hours ago, BoomBaby said:

Unless he's really, really stupid, he knows that if he doesn't choose IU, he will be discarded like yesteday's garbage by everyone in this state except a few people in his little town.  So I'm guessing he's saying that because he knows that his statement won't be tested by future events.  Then again, the average person seems to be capable of believing almost anything.

I grew up in that little town of New Albany that happens to have a small population of 36,000 residents. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Good for you. So glad to hear he has done a lot in the community, it's obvious the youth in NA and southern Indiana LOVE Romeo, heck the adults do. I think at the end of the day he won't be able to say no to all of us. Honestly the fans were the difference maker. 

Agree btown...... I've said a few times on this epic thread that if Romeo goes elsewhere it won't be because of anything the coaching staff or fans haven't done to show RL we really want him.

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

It’s 7 pm eastern 6 central right?

New Albany is in the Eastern Time Zone.  The gym doors open at 6 p.m. EDT.  Announcement scheduled to begin 7 p.m. EDT.

Comes on at 5 p.m. Mountain Time.  I always get the greatest news two hours before you EDT'er's .  LOL

Kind of a time clock in this link :

Current Local Time in New Albany, Indiana, USA

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am kind of there with you, particularly on the ones who leave the state.  I will pull for a Hammond in his pro career before I will a Lyles.  At least Hammond stayed in state.  The guys who leave Indiana to go out of state to another school give me no reason to root for them.

Romeo goes to Kansas or Vanderbilt, I will not wish him any ill will, but I will not actively be rooting for him either.  I just will not care at that point.

yet Hammond left the state to finish his high school career

38 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

New Albany is in the Eastern Time Zone.  The gym doors open at 6 p.m. EDT.  Announcement scheduled to begin 7 p.m. EDT.

Comes on at 5 p.m. Mountain Time.  I always get the greatest news two hours before you EDT'er's .  LOL

Kind of a time clock in this link :

Current Local Time in New Albany, Indiana, USA

Daggone it!  I will be in the middle of a root canal!  Seriously.  That is a bunch of crap.

4 hours ago, BoomBaby said:

Unless he's really, really stupid, he knows that if he doesn't choose IU, he will be discarded like yesteday's garbage by everyone in this state except a few people in his little town.  So I'm guessing he's saying that because he knows that his statement won't be tested by future events.  Then again, the average person seems to be capable of believing almost anything.

I don't live in his 'little' town, and I will still root for him and follow his career regardless of his choice.  You must have missed all of the news stories about the quality of the young man off the court.  His college choice does not change his level of character.  If he does not choose IU, he would be doing it for reasons that are best for him.  How someone could talk about 'discarding him like garbage' when he makes HIS choice is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Thoughts on Romeo...I would think that majority of Romeo fans would want him to go to IU and play for a local team. I can't see a lot fans making a trip to Kansas or Vandy to watch him play.

I would not necessarily travel to those places to watch him play, but I would be 8,000,000 more times likely to sit and watch a Vandy game than I would be otherwise.

Just a thought on my part.... relative to Romeo's comment about not wanting to alienate his NA fans.  Perhaps he was referring to NA people who are Vandy fans rather than IU fans.  As I say... just a thought.  May not hold water. Just seems to me that being close to Vandy... there may be a few Vandy fans in NA.

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

yet Hammond left the state to finish his high school career

I pulled a recent Purdue guy out of my rear.  I still would be more likely to root for him than Lyles because he made his way back here.

Honestly, without the IU connection I really do not care much what they do.  Just my personal opinion.  Without the IU connection they are just another guy to me.

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't live in his 'little' town, and I will still root for him and follow his career regardless of his choice.  You must have missed all of the news stories about the quality of the young man off the court.  His college choice does not change his level of character.  If he does not choose IU, he would be doing it for reasons that are best for him.  How someone could talk about 'discarding him like garbage' when he makes HIS choice is beyond me.

Well said Fouls, there are many reasons all of these kids - athletes choose a school and program, and all are their own. 

If he chooses IU fantastic, if he chooses to go elsewhere then best of luck to him.

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Agree btown...... I've said a few times on this epic thread that if Romeo goes elsewhere it won't be because of anything the coaching staff or fans haven't done to show RL we really want him.

Unlike years past with top recruits, if Romeo chooses to go elsewhere, it won't be because OF the staff at the time.

Archived