Romeo Langford

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

Rabjohns just said Kansas is acting confident. Doesn't know if it's them guessing or based on reality. But says that's how they're acting.

Dollar Bill has never been a Coach K or Cal type of recruiter but it does seem like he lands about 1 of these top 5 players every year almost like clock work and often at the last minute.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried a bit.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suspense is killing me. I’m pretty confident in IU, based on information around the Southern Indiana basketball community. However, he’s going to do whatever he wants and there’s nothing that any of us can do about it. 

I just find it funny that all three programs are confident.... like, every single fan that I’ve talked to from each program are confident about landing his services! There will be a couple disappointed fan bases come Monday night.

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

The suspense is killing me. I’m pretty confident in IU, based on information around the Southern Indiana basketball community. However, he’s going to do whatever he wants and there’s nothing that any of us can do about it. 

I just find it funny that all three programs are confident.... like, every single fan that I’ve talked to from each program are confident about landing his services! There will be a couple disappointed fan bases come Monday night.

One program is lacking confidence.

Vanderbilt.

2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I don't know if it means anything.  I heard that the IU staff was very confident on Garland shortly before the announcement and we saw how that turned out.

3 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

A theory about all three programs remaining confident:

I think this is a by product of utter secrecy. It’s as likely as not even programs who aren’t getting the nod know anything yet, hence the confidence.

Just now, CSprings Hoosier said:

IMG-0524.thumb.JPG.78041b9a4c2cca95db08205abd879ab7.JPG

It's very possible I'm reading too far into this, but this is what Romeo just posted on his Instagram story before Prom...Looks like crimson to me.

And the Beatles hid the lyrics "I bury Paul" what teases people can be!

16 minutes ago, KDB said:

Rabjohns also just said there is considerable speculation at the EYBL event that the Kansas confidence is coming from KU signee Quentin Grimes saying he thinks Romeo is going to join him.

If true, then I'm sure Romeo really appreciates Grimes stealing his moment.  

12 minutes ago, KDB said:

Rabjohns also just said there is considerable speculation at the EYBL event that the Kansas confidence is coming from KU signee Quentin Grimes saying he thinks Romeo is going to join him.

So, we’d better pay close attention to Daniels and the Crystal Ball Crew over the next 48 hours! If there’s any validity to that, then I’d imagine that there will be a Kansas spike in that time frame.

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

Looks like we might hit that 296 after all! Where you at @FKIM01? What’s your stance on this?

I think it's a diversion. Got no inside info to back that up and I don't believe for a minute that the decision has been known for more than a month. If this was a Vandy rumor, I'd be laughing but with it being Kansas, you have to leave open the possibility that it's a genuine threat. I laid out the rationale for choosing IU and I think it holds, but this kind of info opens a crack in my confidence. Frankly, I think that's what is desired. There should be some suspense in the announcement. I'm not changing my pick though.

Archived