Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez...how many rabbit holes are we going to go down between now and Monday night...?

As 0708 said, R-E-L-A-X.  We've stretched this thing to 282 pages now. I think it's safe to say he knows he's loved by Hoosier Nation.  It's been fun, but when we are reduced to trying to get hints from his prom outfit, I'm out.

I'll be back on this thread Monday night expecting to be celebrating with you, but until then, I think I've fed this beast enough.

To switch it up I’ll change the subject a bit. A poster mentioned that he’d be forgotten in 10 years in Indiana if he didn’t pick IU. It had me thinking about DT, Sean May, Harris, Lyles, Teagues, Oden etc. I think Romeo has the highest ceiling of any of them outside of Oden. I’m sure he’ll be in the league for quite a while. 

I post this bout every 50 pages or so but I really want Romeo to come to IU but if he doesn't I still think we're in great shape going forward with CAM.

Maybe I'm too old for it or what not but I really don't want no stinkin leaks.  Just gonna be patient for Monday so that 7pm can dictate the evening's activities.

13 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

To switch it up I’ll change the subject a bit. A poster mentioned that he’d be forgotten in 10 years in Indiana if he didn’t pick IU. It had me thinking about DT, Sean May, Harris, Lyles, Teagues, Oden etc. I think Romeo has the highest ceiling of any of them outside of Oden. I’m sure he’ll be in the league for quite a while. 

10 years? 10 seconds in mind.

He would be on my Pippen list....speaking of which. I was getting tires this afternoon in Castleton and of all places Pippen and Kenyon Martin were having lunch at Hooters. Watching their sons AAU games in town this weekend. Heard Pippen was Upland in Carmel on Friday.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

10 years? 10 seconds in mind.

He would be on my Pippen list....speaking of which. I was getting tires this afternoon in Castleton and of all places Pippen and Kenyon Martin were having lunch at Hooters. Watching their sons AAU games in town this weekend. Heard Pippen was Upland in Carmel on Friday.

The point I was making is that he’ll be around for quite a while and not easily forgotten. But yeah, I’m getting old. Jamal Mashburn, Penny Hardaway, Pippen, and Kmarts kids are almost in college. the time really flies.

Just now, ADegenerate said:

The point I was making is that he’ll be around for quite a while and not easily forgotten. But yeah, I’m getting old. Jamal Mashburn, Penny Hardaway, Pippen, and Kmarts kids are almost in college. the time really flies.

Sorry I wasn't clear. He chooses elsewhere in mind he's gone. I won't think of him at all. I spend my energy on IU guys.

4 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Archie has spent a lot of time lately recruiting guards. It scares the hell out of me!

Well Romeo is one and done and I don't care what 5fouls says.  We're going to need a guard in 2019 regardless.  The fact that we passed on Ryan Taylor and aren't really going after any grad transfers makes one think Archie is confident.  But he was supoosedly confident on Garland as well.  It's possible that we're getting played yet again but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, iualum01 said:

Some serious cajonas on the Kansas 247  board. IU guy betting KU guy 10 grand on where Romeo goes 

THAT.... IU guy messaged me early Saturday morning..... with reasons why he felt so strongly about Romeo and IU.  And he referenced an IU guy, who I don't know personally... but do know of. So that part is legit.  Therefore, I can see why THAT IU guy is feeling confident.  Just to let you guys know....THAT IU guy, also said his IU contact so far is batting 0 for 2.  

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Only because it has happened before.  Think Gordon. 

I’ll never forget when I got the news about Gordon. I lived in Vegas at the time and a good friend of mine + roommate at the time is good  friends with Jeff Overton. We were with him all week following him during his Vegas tournament. Hanging out, playing cards, having drinks etc. My buddy had gotten the news that we actually got Eric Gordon and broke the news to me excited as can be on the golf course.I was down on the program and really thought Sampson could get us there so I was pumped. What happened with that leak? All I know is Sampson stole him from Webber.

6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’ll never forget when I got the news about Gordon. I lived in Vegas at the time and a good friend of mine + roommate at the time is good  friends with Jeff Overton. We were with him all week following him during his Vegas tournament. Hanging out, playing cards, having drinks etc. My buddy had gotten the news that we actually got Eric Gordon and broke the news to me excited as can be on the golf course.I was down on the program and really thought Sampson could get us there so I was pumped. What happened with that leak? All I know is Sampson stole him from Webber.

Just one link, among many about Gordon committing to IU.... before the official announcement. Yeah, his dad was the leaker.  But the media could have kept quite, in order not to steal his thunder.

Gordon to change commitment from Illinois to Indiana

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well Romeo is one and done and I don't care what 5fouls says.  We're going to need a guard in 2019 regardless.  The fact that we passed on Ryan Taylor and aren't really going after any grad transfers makes one think Archie is confident.  But he was supoosedly confident on Garland as well.  It's possible that we're getting played yet again but I doubt it.

How do we know we passed on Taylor. Maybe he chose Northwestern over us.

Archived