Romeo Langford

40 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

"Everyone"???  Or just those with the IQ of a banana?  Will you ever learn that you do not speak for everyone, or know everything?

Well almost everyone at least.  I doubt there are more than a couple on here who truly think Romeo will be here 2 years if they had to bet the farm.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

Damezi is the most questionable recruit in this class IMO.  I’m not that impressed with his game, and tweeting Romeo’s choice shows me he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

I don’t think he thought it was that big of a deal. He’s a good kid, minor mistake. Have you watched him in person? He could’ve averaged 40 easily.  Team player and can shoot.  It will take him a year or so but he will be good.

17 hours ago, Rev_AK said:

No reason for us to freak out... after all, wasn't it Rabjohns who went to Nashville? He could be trying again to break the story first. And didn't the Langford's say they were going to discuss before Prom and then he comes out wearing white and red? ( arch rival Jeffersonville colors, NA has black) I wish I had more local news on Shawn, except that no one finds it odd that he hasn't announced where he intends to play yet? I'm trying to be rational and not get too excited or disappointed yet...

THIS.  I've noticed that Rabjohns has a way of planting something like this so he can point back to it later and make it look like he knew something.  He's going to be "right" no matter what Romeo says.

I highly doubt romeo stays more than a single season. This next draft class is supposedly weak and he’s already projected 9th if I’m not mistaken. I expect he’ll transition smoothly and might even top that projection. He talks about being in college for only a few months. If he stays two years I think that’s a long term negative on Archie and a ‘slight’ on our staff because that absolutely needs to be an ace in our pocket later on. I know many of you guys don’t want an OAD nba farm factory but if we want top players later on we need  that sales pitch. I’ll be ‘disappointed’ if he’s here two years. What did that do for Miles Bridges? 

12 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t think he thought it was that big of a deal. He’s a good kid, minor mistake. Have you watched him in person? He could’ve averaged 40 easily.  Team player and can shoot.  It will take him a year or so but he will be good.

This. 

I hope people (and I know most do) realize how good Damezi, Hunter, RP, Jake, and Race are....the base has been set. Pepper in a few 5 stars over the coming classes and that's how a roster is built. 

10 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I highly doubt romeo stays more than a single season. This next draft class is supposedly weak and he’s already projected 9th if I’m not mistaken. I expect he’ll transition smoothly and might even top that projection. He talks about being in college for only a few months. If he stays two years I think that’s a long term negative on Archie and a ‘slight’ on our staff because that absolutely needs to be an ace in our pocket later on. I know many of you guys don’t want an OAD nba farm factory but if we want top players later on we need  that sales pitch. I’ll be ‘disappointed’ if he’s here two years. What did that do for Miles Bridges? 

He never said anything about only being n college for a few months.  What he said was that he will stay in college until he thinks he is ready to play in the NBA.

15 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think he can get some minutes at the 3 this year.  When Romeo and Juwan are on the floor together the guy at that position is going to get a lot of open 3s.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This. 

I hope people (and I know most do) realize how good Damezi, Hunter, RP, Jake, and Race are....the base has been set. Pepper in a few 5 stars over the coming classes and that's how a roster is built. 

Agree completely , a strong team of players in the 26th to 150th range, with one or two 5* 1&done mixed in is the best formula. I don’t think the UK or Duke route is working - they both caught lightning in a bottle the last 10 years with freshman heavy teams - but both those teams had upperclassmen that hit some clutch shots - 

31 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well almost everyone at least.  I doubt there are more than a couple on here who truly think Romeo will be here 2 years if they had to bet the farm.

But him staying two years or one year, has nothing to do with the majorities opinion. No one having an opinion has information. 5fls said he talked to a guy, and he lives in that area.. pretty close to NA in fact. Everyone said he would go to prep school as well (the people outside of NA said that)... but everyone I talked to in NA said he was always leaning more towards staying.. he wanted the Indiana Mr basketball and the scoring title. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He never said anything about only being n college for a few months.  What he said was that he will stay in college until he thinks he is ready to play in the NBA.

He said man we could really be there in 8 months while taking in a game with quinton grimes. 

56 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

In mile and 0708 I trust, though.

Thank you.  I hope you are doing well.  Last time we talked, I believe you were looking to change occupations.  But I do talk to a lot  of people as a result of this glorious site.  So, if I am wrong, please forgive me.  And if recall correctly, hoping all is working out for you.

Also, Don't forget about CoachSS.  He is dialed in.  But he has been very quiet in terms of Romeo.  Probably with good reason. As this is one of the toughest recruitments, to crack, in the 10 or so years I have been following recruiting related to IU BB. 

Also, pay attention to this guy :Recruiting  | Zagsblog

Zagoria has already been very active today. Tuned in as well.   Possible he could be leaking something today. 

Funny thing. 0708, CoachSS and I have talked very little, in private, about Romeo.  In my case, I have had some great people tell me about their experiences, in and around New Albany, as well as with people associated with Romeo.  I am here to tell you, and as before... as of right this minute... I have nothing substantial to stand on.

My piece for tonight, is for fun only. 

Romeo would not be staying two years due to academics.  The Langfords are perfectly aware he can go back to school at any time.  Romeo's decision on whether to stay a second year will be based on positioning himself best for a long and successful NBA career.  Getting drafted 13th as a freshman and spending part of the year in the G league is not on the agenda.  Getting drafted 13th and having a Donovan Mitchell type impact after his sophomore year has much more appeal.    

At the Nike Hoops Summit, he attended a Portland Trail Blazers game. As he sat with Kansas recruit Quentin Grimes, the two talked about the NBA.

“I think about it more now,” Langford said. “I’m coming closer to it. I think, ‘Just in like eight more months, then I’ll be out there playing with these guys.’ Watching that game in Portland, I was with Quentin and it was like, ‘We could be out there in a couple months.’

@IU Scott

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo would not be staying two years due to academics.  The Langfords are perfectly aware he can go back to school at any time.  Romeo's decision on whether to stay a second year will be based on positioning himself best for a long and successful NBA career.  Getting drafted 13th as a freshman and spending part of the year in the G league is not on the agenda.  Getting drafted 13th and having a Donovan Mitchell type impact after his sophomore year has much more appeal.    

Yeah but a bunch of these random guys on the internet said everyone thinks he should go pro... where does that factor into the decision?

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo already has the skills to be a solid NBA contributer.  He just needs to spend 9 months with Coach Marshall and he'll be good to go.

14 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I've seen about every angle imaginable on Romeo's decision.  For my last piece before the decision I decided to go with tying in the move Hoosiers and specifically Shooter Flatch.  Hope you enjoy.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-romeo-langford-announcement-no-matter-what-he-says-your-reaction-should-be-the-same/

Wow. Just wow.  Fantastic.  So glad you are a part of Hoosier Sports Nation, now. Wait, have I said that before ?   I think I have.  LOL  But it's true. 

11 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s going to be a Hoosier folks.  Everyone has been informed.  Coaches, players, etc.  Relax and enjoy.  Anderson spilled the beans on his twitter account and had to go back and delete it.  He was asked to by Romeos dad via Coach Miller.  We are good!  Good night all!!

From the moment I first heard about the DA and his "tweet", I took that to be a yreV, very good sign.  Whether he was told to take it down, or realized his mistake, by all indications he had a reason to post it (and not add any disclaimer).

31 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Romeo already has the skills to be a solid NBA contributer.  He just needs to spend 9 months with Coach Marshall and he'll be good to go.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  I have a direct quote from someone very close to the situation that said something to the effect that "There is no interest in being a one and done'.  Admittedly, that was said in 2017.  But, I've watched Romeo play several times since then.  I personally feel his pro career would benefit from a second year of college.  His offensive potential alone is not going to make him an NBA star.  His defense needs some attention.  And, he needs to get a lot stronger.  There's been a LOT of 2 guards get drafted after their freshman year that take time to develop, or never develop at all, because their confidence gets shot.  And, the quote above seems to indicate that those close to Romeo may feel the same way.  

48 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

To clarify, I’m not saying he’s a bad kid.  Just shows a lack of common sense by posting the choice.  

I want to be as confident as you are, but I’m going to have to see a lot more for my opinion to change.  I have only watched him once in person and that was the Carmel game in the playoffs this year in Lafayette.  He was very quiet in that game so that may be skewing my opinion a little.  Regardless, I’ve watched most of his highlight videos and I’m not sold.

5 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

To clarify, I’m not saying he’s a bad kid.  Just shows a lack of common sense by posting the choice.  

I want to be as confident as you are, but I’m going to have to see a lot more for my opinion to change.  I have only watched him once in person and that was the Carmel game in the playoffs this year in Lafayette.  He was very quiet in that game so that may be skewing my opinion a little.  Regardless, I’ve watched most of his highlight videos and I’m not sold.

Not picking a fight or anything, but as an 18 year old kid I knew right from wrong but that didn’t mean I always did right. Unlike the guy who stole Yogis Thunder I’m sure Anderson didn’t mean any ill will.  Go Hoosiers!

Archived