Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Did not know that, thank you for that. Hope he can get it fixed and becomes a better shooter in the NBA

He's a big time shooter now. The injury has had a big time effect on his shooting numbers the last 1.5 years. 

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26439940/indiana-freshman-langford-says-enter-draft

This whole story is just a kick in the nuts.  Props to him for not just shutting it down in November though, kid’s got guts.  He’ll be just fine in the league.

I thought so too. I just hope our fan base will appreciate the time we got to see him in our uniform and not try and turn on him when he’s gone. 

Eric Gordon II.

Well, we knew he was more likely than not to go, but still can't help being just a little disappointed for him even though you can't fault the decision.  There really is no right or wrong decision here...someone will always second-guess you no matter what you choose, but agree...I hope we can appreciate the time he spent in Bloomington and not go all sour grapes about this decision on social media, like some of the nutty fringe in our fanbase undoubtedly will do.

Now...there are three available roster spots.  No need to fill them all, but I'd take a shooter and a banger anyway. (no 2nd amendment pun intended)

Just now, HoosierKix said:

Not to get hopes up but I don’t see a report to where he has signed an agent at all, anyone see any report on if he has or plans to at this time?

I wouldn't get your hopes up unless he really gets bad news on his draft stock.  Right now, he looks low lottery.  I don't see him not punching that ticket based on what he's said.

8 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I thought so too. I just hope our fan base will appreciate the time we got to see him in our uniform and not try and turn on him when he’s gone. 

I don’t see how anyone could... He gutted through an injury that required surgery when he could have just shut it down immediately, and still had a pretty darn good season.

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

Not to get hopes up but I don’t see a report to where he has signed an agent at all, anyone see any report on if he has or plans to at this time?

He's gone, and I think the indicator is the thumb surgery. He wouldn't be going forward with the thumb surgery if feedback from teams/workouts had any chance of causing him to come back. The surgery basically says, "I'm going to the NBA and not worried about team workouts, etc.".

13 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

In the article his statements about wanting to enjoy the college experience with his teammates pretty much indicate he is gone no matter what, IMO.  

2 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I hope he does well in the NBA and gets drafted as high as possible.  If he was coming out anyway, the thumb injury revelation might actually help his draft stock.

It's undoubtedly a contributing factor to his poor outside shooting.

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

In the article his statements about wanting to enjoy the college experience with his teammates pretty much indicate he is gone no matter what, IMO.  

Frankly, I hope so.  Archie doesn't need (more) uncertainty while evaluating possible transfers or late recruits for next season. I suspect Romeo has conveyed his full intentions to the staff.

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He's gone, and I think the indicator is the thumb surgery. He wouldn't be going forward with the thumb surgery if feedback from teams/workouts had any chance of causing him to come back. The surgery basically says, "I'm going to the NBA and not worried about team workouts, etc.".

Don’t read a whole lot into that particularly. The surgery has been on will call for a good while now.

Archived