Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

So nowadays a top 15 pick needs a coach to fix their flaws?  No wonder I don’t watch that crap league.  

Now you're getting it. The NBA shifted from seeking finished products to drafting on potential in the mid/late 90s. Nothing wrong with that philosophy. MLB has done that all along.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DISCLAIMER : The following is not to be construed to be a harbinger of things to come. Or, what I know, or don't know.  It is for entertainment purposes only. ____________________________________

Hope everyone lets Romeo have his moment.  This could start coming out fast.  He’s earned his time to commit without someone spoiling it for him.

Could it be some of the rumors we’ve been hearing are coming out.   I’m starting to get really excited.  Just heard this morning TJD wants to commit to IU but mom wants him to wait until after all his

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

You mean that same wrist injury that was never disclosed or gone public?  Why not come out and say it when it happened vs hiding it and looking like an excuse for the poor shooting later on?  What about that back injury during the NIT Tourney?  Some say If it was the Tourney of 64 he would’ve played?  His play last season is far from spectacular and now we’re saying because he was hurt.  Doesn’t matter because he is gone so my thoughts are irrelevant. 

Ultimately, because it's none of our damn business. Colleges aren't bound by any disclosure rules to reveal the nature or extent of injuries. They often do as a courtesy, simply because of the nature of major college sports, but they have no obligation to release information about athletes or any other student.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

You mean that same wrist injury that was never disclosed or gone public?  Why not come out and say it when it happened vs hiding it and looking like an excuse for the poor shooting later on?  What about that back injury during the NIT Tourney?  Some say If it was the Tourney of 64 he would’ve played?  His play last season is far from spectacular and now we’re saying because he was hurt.  Doesn’t matter because he is gone so my thoughts are irrelevant. 

You'll be back here posting in this thread next June when Romeo makes the all-NBA Rookie team.  Right?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

So nowadays a top 15 pick needs a coach to fix their flaws?  No wonder I don’t watch that crap league.  

So you admit you don't watch the NBA, but you have opinions on what a top 15 pick looks like?  Makes total sense.  YCMTSU.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Maybe I should have clarified, I don’t think Romeo as a Frosh proved he is a first rd pick.  I just don’t think he was that big of a difference maker for this IU team in his Frosh season.  Maybe it was the HYPE but when I think of a top 15 pick I didn’t see that in Romeo.  Maybe It was the fact IU didn’t make the tourney and felt we should have with a top 15 pick?  I will tell you this, he does not have a shot worthy of a 1st rd pick so to call me clueless I question your basketball IQ?

What was your stance on Noah Vonleh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Maybe I should have clarified, I don’t think Romeo as a Frosh proved he is a first rd pick.  I just don’t think he was that big of a difference maker for this IU team in his Frosh season.  Maybe it was the HYPE but when I think of a top 15 pick I didn’t see that in Romeo.  Maybe It was the fact IU didn’t make the tourney and felt we should have with a top 15 pick?  I will tell you this, he does not have a shot worthy of a 1st rd pick so to call me clueless I question your basketball IQ?

Ben Simmons was the first overall pick and he did not lead LSU to the tournament.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Maybe I should have clarified, I don’t think Romeo as a Frosh proved he is a first rd pick.  I just don’t think he was that big of a difference maker for this IU team in his Frosh season.  Maybe it was the HYPE but when I think of a top 15 pick I didn’t see that in Romeo.  Maybe It was the fact IU didn’t make the tourney and felt we should have with a top 15 pick?  I will tell you this, he does not have a shot worthy of a 1st rd pick so to call me clueless I question your basketball IQ?

You do realize tat he had a tor ligament in his thumb for most of the year

Link to post
Share on other sites

Romeo will be an impactful player.  His injury keeps him from being a top 10 draftee here in a few weeks IMO.  However he will be a very good NBA player.  My guess is he goes between 12-16 come draft night and whoever gets him, will get great value for his pick.  With playing hurt most of his freshmen year he was limited some, when he isn't hurt watch out.  I for one hope he slides to the Pacers at 18(one can dream right?).  He could play SG or SF in the NBA at  6 feet 6 inches. 

 

Do I think he starts from day 1for whichever team drafts him, no I do not.  However I think he eventually becomes a starter sooner rather than later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

You mean that same wrist injury that was never disclosed or gone public?  Why not come out and say it when it happened vs hiding it and looking like an excuse for the poor shooting later on?  What about that back injury during the NIT Tourney?  Some say If it was the Tourney of 64 he would’ve played?  His play last season is far from spectacular and now we’re saying because he was hurt.  Doesn’t matter because he is gone so my thoughts are irrelevant. 

So, you're saying that the coaching staff should have alerted all potential opponents that one of the key players on the team had an injury?  Why not just let opposing teams know that if, early in each game, they take a swipe or two at his wrist and make him even less effective, they've essentially taken him out of the game? Worth putting a guy out there just to get a foul or two...don't you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Maybe I should have clarified, I don’t think Romeo as a Frosh proved he is a first rd pick.  I just don’t think he was that big of a difference maker for this IU team in his Frosh season.  Maybe it was the HYPE but when I think of a top 15 pick I didn’t see that in Romeo.  Maybe It was the fact IU didn’t make the tourney and felt we should have with a top 15 pick?  I will tell you this, he does not have a shot worthy of a 1st rd pick so to call me clueless I question your basketball IQ?

Thumb aside, his ability to get to the rim (which is outstanding) and his ability to finish at the rim (which is the best I've seen in quite a while) are huge assets in today's NBA. Not to mention his length, athleticism and drama free personality. His shooting can be developed - that's not scaring anybody. I'm not sure Romeo will be an all-star, but I can eventually see him as a solid starter on a majority of teams - easily a first-rounder. JMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Langford was not on the Celtics injury report yesterday. Hopefully he’s active tonight for the first time. Game is on ESPN. 

Yeah, but with Game 7 of a fantastic World Series being played, Romeo better see his floor time between innings or I won't see him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Langford was not on the Celtics injury report yesterday. Hopefully he’s active tonight for the first time. Game is on ESPN. 

Thank you sir. I am not one to watch the NBA on a regular basis, as I am sure you are aware.  Unless it is the Nuggets. Which are currently banned on Denver TV due to a contract dispute.  And since Jeopardy will not be broadcast tonight for me, due to the World Series.  I just might tune into the Celtics game tonight on ESPN.  Appreciate the head's up.  Celtics rule !

And a special shout out to Indy Time for the prank on Romeo.  Loved the video. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you sir. I am not one to watch the NBA on a regular basis, as I am sure you are aware.  Unless it is the Nuggets. Which are currently banned on Denver TV due to a contract dispute.  And since Jeopardy will not be broadcast tonight for me, due to the World Series.  I just might tune into the Celtics game tonight on ESPN.  Appreciate the head's up.  Celtics rule !

And a special shout out to Indy Time for the prank on Romeo.  Loved the video. 

Best Basketball Prank

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you sir. I am not one to watch the NBA on a regular basis, as I am sure you are aware.  Unless it is the Nuggets. Which are currently banned on Denver TV due to a contract dispute.  And since Jeopardy will not be broadcast tonight for me, due to the World Series.  I just might tune into the Celtics game tonight on ESPN.  Appreciate the head's up.  Celtics rule !

And a special shout out to Indy Time for the prank on Romeo.  Loved the video. 

You're welcome. First year in a long time I haven't been able to get into the MLB playoffs. I'll watch the C's and then flip to baseball during commercial breaks. Not expecting a ton of minutes for Langford tonight, but you never know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

You're welcome. First year in a long time I haven't been able to get into the MLB playoffs. I'll watch the C's and then flip to baseball during commercial breaks. Not expecting a ton of minutes for Langford tonight, but you never know. 

My family and I were pulling for the 'Stro's'.  Not because we are fans. But rather, since we gather for dinner around Jeopardy. And our local Fox station carries Jeopardy, as well as the World Series.  Jeopardy is not being broadcast, due to the World Serious. 

Regardless.  Wishing the best for Romeo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Love the Celtics but man their offense is lacking at the moment. I feel like I’ve seen this before

The offense has been really frustrating the first several games, but man they exploded in the second half. Hopefully we get more of that as they get comfortable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...