Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

8 pts and 2-3 from 3 in 23 mins tonight. Glad to see him getting some meaningful minutes. Was playing in regular rotation not after they got up a lot in the fourth. 

Yup, despite the final score, Charlotte led most of the first half and Langford played regular minutes. Played good D too. Stevens inserted him specifically for D on Charlotte’s last possession of the half, and then mentioned specifally in his postgame that it’s comforting that he can count on a rookie like Langford to play solid D. 

30 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, despite the final score, Charlotte led most of the first half and Langford played regular minutes. Played good D too. Stevens inserted him specifically for D on Charlotte’s last possession of the half, and then mentioned specifally in his postgame that it’s comforting that he can count on a rookie like Langford to play solid D. 

Maybe Archie can coach some D! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

For those who choose not to click on the link, here are a couple of excerpts.

Even before the NBA season kicked off this past year, Romeo spent a lot of his time over the summer in Bloomington, hanging out with his former teammates and sleeping on Rob Phinisee’s couch.

His father said that whenever Romeo returns to his home state, he’ll go to IU first before visiting his parents.

“For all those negative fans out there, they don’t know how much Romeo loves IU,” Tim Langford said. “He’s pretty crazy about IU. Even though with all the negativity and stuff like that, Romeo loves IU.”

and

It was revealed right around the NIT that Romeo had sustained a torn ligament in his right thumb, but that had been around for most of the season. It happened against Duke on Nov. 27, 2018.

Romeo elected not to have surgery, and he didn’t tell his parents about it until March because he wanted to finish out the season.

“When he got hurt, he could’ve done like any other kid and shut it down,” Lee said. “Look at all the high draft picks that year that got hurt and just shut it down. But he made a commitment to the university and the team.”

“I would’ve told him to get that taken care of. Our goal wasn’t one-and-done, they label players like that. I only wanted him to get it taken care of so it didn’t get hurt anymore,” Tim Langford said. “Romeo’s tough, that’s my son, and he wanted to finish out the season.”

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For those who choose not to click on the link, here are a couple of excerpts.

Even before the NBA season kicked off this past year, Romeo spent a lot of his time over the summer in Bloomington, hanging out with his former teammates and sleeping on Rob Phinisee’s couch.

His father said that whenever Romeo returns to his home state, he’ll go to IU first before visiting his parents.

“For all those negative fans out there, they don’t know how much Romeo loves IU,” Tim Langford said. “He’s pretty crazy about IU. Even though with all the negativity and stuff like that, Romeo loves IU.”

and

It was revealed right around the NIT that Romeo had sustained a torn ligament in his right thumb, but that had been around for most of the season. It happened against Duke on Nov. 27, 2018.

Romeo elected not to have surgery, and he didn’t tell his parents about it until March because he wanted to finish out the season.

“When he got hurt, he could’ve done like any other kid and shut it down,” Lee said. “Look at all the high draft picks that year that got hurt and just shut it down. But he made a commitment to the university and the team.”

“I would’ve told him to get that taken care of. Our goal wasn’t one-and-done, they label players like that. I only wanted him to get it taken care of so it didn’t get hurt anymore,” Tim Langford said. “Romeo’s tough, that’s my son, and he wanted to finish out the season.”

Thanks for posting. It's really unfortunate that some have posted negative things about Romeo including the ridiculous rumors -- this pretty clearly reflects his extreme level of dedication to the team, not even telling his parents about the torn ligament, and playing through it, for his team, and then coming back and hanging out with the guys before the NBA season. Great kid.

Archived