Romeo Langford

7 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I agree. I gave up on him going to IU a few weeks ago. It's frustrating to see these guys leave the state and I'm just curious why. 

IU, PU, ND, and Butler should all be concerned about it. 

That is something that IU fans turn a blind eye to.  We got 4 schools in this state that are in power conferences.  And the kids leave?  Why is that?  The coaches?  The systems?  Hell, I dunno.  All 4 offer a quality education.  All 4 have been successful on the hardwood.  Why is this happening?  

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am with Rico 100%.  

I like the class we have and think they will come together in time.  If Archie builds up class, position, and skill balance, once we reach equilibrium, we should be fine.  It won't happen tomorrow.  I also think we will get some occasional big fish.  I am just not going to obsess over any individual kid.  Good luck to Romeo.  I would love to see him at IU but vaya con dios.  Either way, both IU and Romeo will be fine. 

I agree...good players coming next year...good group in 2019 to recruit from and the state looks to have good players for the foreseeable future 

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Did he give any reasoning on Romeo?

He just said that Indiana is not as a big of a deal to recruits in Indiana than it use to be.  He also said that with his son that the process did not go well and saying how Miller wanted to keep the kids in state.  His son is very good and a winner and they just stop contacting him.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He just said that Indiana is not as a big of a deal to recruits in Indiana than it use to be.  He also said that with his son that the process did not go well and saying how Miller wanted to keep the kids in state.  His son is very good and a winner and they just stop contacting him.

Was there ever a chance he would go to IU? Seems like if he felt that way he would’ve realized before now. 

10 minutes ago, rico said:

That is something that IU fans turn a blind eye to.  We got 4 schools in this state that are in power conferences.  And the kids leave?  Why is that?  The coaches?  The systems?  Hell, I dunno.  All 4 offer a quality education.  All 4 have been successful on the hardwood.  Why is this happening?  

I’ve thought this about a few recruits. PU could win the BT and ND has looked really good but only IU was considered. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I work with a father of one of the top players in the senior class here in Indiana. He said to me to day that there is no way Romeo will go to IU.  He also said his son was recruited by IU but the process did not go well a was told his scholarship was still there. After two commits they never heard form Miller again.

Archie locked up the top kids. Your co-worker must be a dad of someone 2019 or later?

sounds like your co-worker has sour grapes about Archie not prioritizing his son. 

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Archie locked up the top kids. Your co-worker must be a dad of someone 2019 or later?

sounds like your co-worker has sour grapes about Archie not prioritizing his son. 

That's how I read it too. Heck I don't blame the parent. Pretty easy to be jaded if IU stopped calling. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I work with a father of one of the top players in the senior class here in Indiana. He said to me to day that there is no way Romeo will go to IU.  He also said his son was recruited by IU but the process did not go well a was told his scholarship was still there. After two commits they never heard form Miller again.

I said this a week or two ago and was told that I am crazy..... But IU Scott I have heard the same thing for awhile now. 

8 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

So it’s Henry or Hunter. Sorry Archie didn’t want his son. 

That is what I'm thinking.  Archie was never too involved with them.  We got kids who committed earlier and are quite frankly better.  It's not like we have an infinite amount of scholarships to give out. We also have Schilling who is "the man" in Indiana.  

I think alot of this is smoke but I could be wrong.  Aaron Henry(If this is the kids dad we are talking about) could have committed to IU like the other four did, heck he could have been one of the first to commit to IU before Anderson or Jerome did.  IU showed alot of interest in him before the kids started committing to IU, once Archie got some rolling in I do not think as much attention was being put on Aaron Henry.    

I like how people don't agree with what the dad is saying we throw him under the bus and claim hurt feelings without knowing at all if what he has heard is accurate or not.

Thanks for bringing the info to the board. I love hearing things from people close to players or recruits. Just always take things with a grain of salt and we'll all be alright.

6 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I think alot of this is smoke but I could be wrong.  Aaron Henry(If this is the kids dad we are talking about) could have committed to IU like the other four did, heck he could have been one of the first to commit to IU before Anderson or Jerome did.  IU showed alot of interest in him before the kids started committing to IU, once Archie got some rolling in I do not think as much attention was being put on Aaron Henry.    

Henry not only had every opportunity to commit before Anderson and Jerome but by all public reports, still had the opportunity and was encouraged to do so after they committed. Definitely some sour grapes and revisionist history there if those comments were from Henry's father but I don't think that is the case. Hunter fits the description better. After some initial contact he never seemed to get any attention from the IU staff and understandably so since IU had much better in state talent to pursue. Some of his comments after that initial contact by IU seemed to fit the mentality of a player/parent that would think this way as well. 

Archived