Legendary female vocalists

milehiiu

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/5/2017 at 7:46 PM, milehiiu said:

Good choice, Rico !  Once again, I had even thought of her.  She is well known for many things.... and I am not even talking about the obvious. LOL.  But a great song writer, in addition her vocals. 

I do remember her back from the 1960's.... watching her on weekends on the Porter Wagoner show..... which inspired this song.

Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You (Live) - YouTube

My Mom is from Tennessee.  From a town not too far away from where Dolly was born and raised.  My Mother goes to any conced

On 9/8/2017 at 7:33 PM, 5fouls said:

Lundergaard.  Love the Norah Jones choice.  My favorite Norah song.

Yep. She is so good. My wife loves her as well, which makes listening to her even better 

On 9/3/2017 at 7:58 PM, Drroogh said:

Two of my favorites together! I didn't even know this happened. Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde. Mile you've got to love the broncos jersey! 

Ok.  You totally redeemed yourself with Chrissie!  I was getting upset with your Streisand and Middler picks...not fans of either of them.  

These may not be legendary vocals but all these are great singers and the songs I pick may not be your cuppa so youtube them for different songs but each one of these have the chopes...This one, again, tough to pick, is from one of the sexiest singers I know.  Her dad founded Bossa Nova, her mom was a famous Brazilian singer and her "stepmom" sang "Girl from Ipanema."  So she has some legendary lineage.  The sexy Bebel Gilberto...About once a week I go to sleep with her voice singing to me...

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, Colonialcrester said:

Ok.  You totally redeemed yourself with Chrissie!  I was getting upset with your Streisand and Middler picks...not fans of either of them.  

I remember being at a party and My City Was Gone started playing, and I was like who is that and where do I get the album. Still have the LP LOL. Starting to make me think I need to dig out my old BSR MacDonald 810X turntable and see if it still works! Last time I used it, it seemed like the rubber drive wheel was getting hard and it had a tendency to slip. Still, to listen to Chrissie again...

Fun thread.  I do not have a link to add, but here are a few opinions:

1.  I love how some people underestimate Dolly.  I like her because she's a class act.  Coming from her humble beginnings, I love how successful she is, not just singing or songwriting but in business. Good for her.  And her songwriting is special. Here you come again.   I will always love you.  Just wow.  And I'm saying this as not a huge country music guy. 

2.  Stevie Nicks.  IMO the coolest rock chick ever.  Just exudes cool in every way.  Love her style.  

3.  Carole King.  I heard It's Too Late Baby years ago right after a breakup.  I literally had to sit down.  It hit me hard.  You could just feel it  

4.  Love Chrissie Hynde too.  Brilliant talent and great back story.

5.  Mama Cass is good.

6  I'm going to throw in a little plug for my gal Ann Wilson. What a talent.  I put her near the top.  Magic Man.  Crazy on You.  Barracuda  

Archived