2002 Duke Game

It was 16 years ago today.  Do you remember where you were?  I lived in southern CA at the time.  The game started early for me (I think around 6:30 PT) so I went and watched with co-workers after work.  Let's just say that saw a different side of me that night!!!

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/revisiting-indianas-last-win-over-no-1-duke/

I saw AJ Moye a few years ago out in LA and I think he was a little surprised he got recognized out west.  First thing I said was you were a great Hoosier and I will never forget that block.  I watched that game with my future wife and we screamed like crazy in our apartment the whole game.  This game is one of the few I always think of when thinking about favorite games IU has played.

Must have been something in the air that night. Watched the game with my future wife as well. OPT's in Broad Ripple. The range of emotions from 10 minutes on in 2nd half??? For those a little younger. Imagine Watford shot and multiple x 5 and it lasts for 10 minutes of game action...or 30-40 minutes of real time. Unreal. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Must have been something in the air that night. Watched the game with my future wife as well. OPT's in Broad Ripple. The range of emotions from 10 minutes on in 2nd half??? For those a little younger. Imagine Watford shot and multiple x 5 and it lasts for 10 minutes of game action...or 30-40 minutes of real time. Unreal. 

Now everyone is going to wonder if they should have married the girl they were with that night.

I was at IU and breezed through an Econ test because the teach refused to postpone it for the game and ended up failing the test.  I ran home and we were down double digits, then was the only of my friends that watched through as they came back.  Immediately after we won, I ran to Kirkwood to go nuts...I miss IU. ;)

Quick Addition: When we won, I immediately got up and started running around ultimately running through the screen door on a deck and with force making fly down three stories at Terra Trace.

I was in a sports  bar in Jackson, Mississippi near my home, but no one else was interested in the game, and I had to get the bartender to specifically call up the game on only 1 tv.  I screamed when boozer missed the put back, and everyone else in the bar turned to look at me like they thought I been stabbed

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Now everyone is going to wonder if they should have married the girl they were with that night.

I did marry the girl I was with that night. Of course, I married her in 1981. Still married to her.

I was a fifth grader in Malta, Montana and we had an all-star basketball tournament in Malta going on during the game. My mom was running the clock for the games at the high school so my twin brother and I got her keys to her classroom at the high school (she is a teacher in Malta) and went and watched the game in her classroom as she was running the clock for the biggest all star tournament in Montana. The tournament was called the HIT (Hi Line Invitational Tournament) and it paired each class with their all stars vs all the other classes. So it was AA, A, B, and C all playing in my hometown of 1,500 people. Good times, remember it like it was yesterday.

Sitting court level near the baseline in Rupp.  Amazing how it turned into a home crowd for us and afterwards at a bar nearby all UK fans were congratulatuing us for taking out the evil duke.

I was supposed to leave Lexington after the game to get home for my sister-in-law's wedding the next day.  I called my wife after the victory and she just said "you want to stay for the next game don't you?'"  I replied "Hell yeah - it's her second wedding, I went to the first one and we already gave her a toaster!"  My wife laughed and said I should stay and that Brenda would understand.  LOVELY!

Went to the final 4 in Atlanta as well.  Have a great story about getting my tickets lifted but that is a LONG story.

I watched the game at my house in Portage, Michigan. My son was home on leave from the Marine Corps along with two his his buddies. I flew them all home from Camp LeJuene for a long weekend. His two buddies were Mexican, one from Houston, Texas and one from Los Angeles. I think I scared the crap out of his two buddies with all the yelling, cussing, jumping up and down and throwing things that went on during the game. His two buddies told me I acted like on of their deranged drill sergeants. I took that as a compliment, I think. 

Archived