Sean Miller interested in Pitt

As I just posted in the coaching changes thread.....  My old friend, Evan Daniels says it  is his (Evan's) opinion that Sean will not be taking the Pitt gig.

And, as I posted : I did not ask Evan.  But I have to wonder why, Sean would even be talking to Pitt, if he were not interested in the gig. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

As I just posted in the coaching changes thread.....  My old friend, Evan Daniels says it  is his (Evan's) opinion that Sean will not be taking the Pitt gig.

And, as I posted : I did not ask Evan.  But I have to wonder why, Sean would even be talking to Pitt, if he were not interested in the gig. 

Just a thought to why would Sean even be talking to Pitt. He and his agent/team are right now in damage control. By leaking a story that another Power 5 conference is showing interest it could be used as leverage in the world of public opinion...i.e. his team can say behind the scenes see...another university doesn't believe ESPN...why should you?

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a thought to why would Sean even be talking to Pitt. He and his agent/team are right now in damage control. By leaking a story that another Power 5 conference is showing interest it could be used as leverage in the world of public opinion...i.e. his team can say behind the scenes see...another university doesn't believe ESPN...why should you?

Or another spin is he's leaving AZ before sanctions for Book Richardson come down like Carroll, Calipari, and others have done historically.

21 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Or another spin is he's leaving AZ before sanctions for Book Richardson come down like Carroll, Calipari, and others have done historically.

Only problem with that is that ultimately (if allegations are proved true) he would have a show cause attached him to and not be able to work anywhere for period of years.  I think this story has been thrown out there just to solidify him at Arizona. But I've been wrong plenty. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Only problem with that is that ultimately (if allegations are proved true) he would have a show cause attached him to and not be able to work anywhere for period of years.  I think this story has been thrown out there just to solidify him at Arizona. But I've been wrong plenty. 

I figured the same.  If the ESPN story proves out, whatever school has him is going to be starting a new coaching search.

I read somewhere in an article about the UL coaching search that "Louisville still doesn't know what to expect from a possible NCAA infractions process related to the FBI investigation into college basketball recruiting, which puts the university in an awkward position as it's on probation through 2021. Conclusions in the wide-ranging case may be years off — the FBI asked the NCAA not to conduct interviews in the case until after the three trials related to it are over, and the last one is set to begin in April 2019."

That being said, I think teams like Pitt would take a flyer on Sean Miller since they would have him for several years before the NCAA could do anything (more likely), and he might even get off the hook if all the blame falls on Book Richardson (less likely). Either way Pitt would be in a better spot since, correct me if I'm wrong, even if they had to fire Miller because of the show cause, they wouldn't be penalized, so they would have the players he recruited, and just need another new coach.

I know a show cause can be a barrier for HIRING a coach.  But, I don't think it requires you to FIRE a coach you've already hired does it?  In other words, if Sean Miller would leave Arizona before sanctions hit and gets a long term contract from another school, I don't see where the NCAA can subsequently ban him from working at that school since the show cause would not have been in place prior to that school hiring him.

Archived